PDA

View Full Version : Delete Error!!!

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:14
hi first of all i would like to say i am not a no0B and i which you could help me. Yesterday i downloaded luaPlayer to my psp but i diddent have any good lua games or apps so i deleted it from the psp but then when i plugged in my psp to the pc and went to psp/games there were a new folder called _DEL_00000000000022370350 i recon that is a folder that was created because of deleting error and now i cant delete that folder.. :mad:

The folder size says it is 500Mb but its more like 320 kb because my psp says it still has 800 Mb free space and i have a 1 GB memory stick

ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS MAP ???:mad:

BL4Z3D247
August 3rd, 2006, 21:22
where is it on ur psp cuz i know when i have a folder i can't delete i rename it and put it in my GAME folder, then go to ur XMB and go to GAMES then u should have a corrupted icon hit triangle and then go to delete

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:24
ive tried that but it just says delete failed

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 21:25
I've come across this and it's very irritating...

Try deleting it through your PC via USB but first go to the folder's properties and make it non-readable and non-hidden...You should be able to delete it.

If that doesn't work, try deleting it through the PSP's XMB or through any homebrew application organizer you might have...

If all that fails, I'm sorry but it looks like you're gonna have to back up your entire Memory stick to your PC desktop and have the PSP reformat it...works every time.

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:25
Thanks Alot you made my day Sirius....:)

BL4Z3D247
August 3rd, 2006, 21:27
I've come across this and it's very irritating...

Try deleting it through your PC via USB but first go to the folder's properties and make it non-readable and non-hidden...You should be able to delete it.

If that doesn't work, try deleting it through the PSP's XMB or through any homebrew application organizer you might have...

If all that fails, I'm sorry but it looks like you're gonna have to back up your entire Memory stick to your PC desktop and have the PSP reformat it...works every time.
yeh thats the other pain in my @$$ way lol, thats what u have to do if it won't let u delete it from ur psp, then it takes forever to put everything back on but whatever works, right? :D

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:30
Thanks Alot guys you really helped me i gues i will need to reformat it now Thanks....

Zion
August 3rd, 2006, 21:32
Format your memory stick on the PSP :D

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 21:34
HEY! WAIT JUST A SEC! DON'T FORGET TO BACK UP YO SHIZ TO THE PC DESKTOP FIRST!! I DON'T WANNA BE THE ONE TELLING YOU "I TOLD YOU SO" LATER...lol Just kidding I'm sure you'll be just fine.

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:34
yeap ive already started its reformating ;( :D

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:37
Thanks once again!!!!

mbr7
August 3rd, 2006, 21:37
Done 950 MB FREE SPACE WOOOOW YEAAHAA ;D

Apoklepz
August 3rd, 2006, 22:16
Glad to hear it's working for ya...Now I have PSPenvy...aw crap!

tallica
August 3rd, 2006, 23:29
i know this may be a nooby question but how come when you format a 1gb ms it says its got 950mb space and not 50? is it because of the hiiden files on the ms?

Man
August 4th, 2006, 04:14
That has somthing to do with the operating system files or somthing, when i got my 2G stick it was only1856 or somthing, btw either way its a p*** off.

shiftybill
August 4th, 2006, 05:31
format the memory stick as fat32 not fat16, read/write times will increase and files will take up less space