PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros. Updates

The Upright Man
August 3rd, 2006, 22:30
SSBB is my most anticipated Wii game and while browsing the usual gaming sites I came across a very disturbing article and was wondering if anyone could confirm the information. 1-up news has an article stating that Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link have gotten the axe and their replacements are Ridley (loveable Metroid nemesis), "Celda" Link (cel-shaded link from Windwaker), and Bowser Junior. While I have no problem gaining these 3 characters it's disturbing to see one of my favorite characters (ice climbers) get the axe.

Check out the story here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Shadowblind
August 3rd, 2006, 22:39
no game and watch and ice climbers is fine, but young link was good...

The Upright Man
August 3rd, 2006, 22:48
But Young Link was not an original character. He was just a clone whereas Game & Watch and Ice Climbers were original characters with unique move sets. If anything they should revamp their move sets before getting rid of them.

Yet, I still haven't been able to confirm the validity of the article.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 3rd, 2006, 22:58
Young Link could wall jump...Aww...

Mr. Game and Watch?!

NOOOO!! MR. GAME AND WATCH!

The pwning is ooovvveeerrr!!!!!!

(Mr. Game and Watch is my totalpwnage char.)

Quay Cur
August 4th, 2006, 06:37
wasn't this announced around e3?

i think the new additions more than make up for the cuts.

V3N0M
August 4th, 2006, 06:49
I think they will only add more to the list. I really doubt they take any characters out of the new game.

stotheamuel
August 4th, 2006, 06:50
i think they should have all melee (which includes all origional) why take instead of JUST adding?

The Upright Man
August 4th, 2006, 20:12
Is anyone's high-school french up to date b/c mine is like 4 years old and I can't read the site. So can someone read the site or confirm it's validity?

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 20:15
i speak french fluently for i'm frech and live in the US. i dont understand what site your talking about. the link site is in english :confused:

The Upright Man
August 5th, 2006, 02:05
Sorry I'm a n00b...that was the secondary site. The original copy comes from this French site. http://www.livewii.fr/news/9350/Des-nouvelles-tetes-pour-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl.html

again...I'm sorry

stotheamuel
August 5th, 2006, 04:12
i can confirm that is what it says in french... not the actual validness

"Bowser Junior

Ridley, le célèbre ennemi de Samus

Link version Wind Waker

Ensuite certains personnages disparaîtront :

Ice Climbers

Mr. Game & Watch

Link version enfant"

disparaitront looks like it means are lost