PDA

View Full Version : neogeo help needed

l1nknp4rk00
August 4th, 2006, 06:37
i got metal slug 1,2,3,4,5, and x working on neogeopsp on my 1.5, but the sound doesnt work on 3,4,5,x. anyone know why and how to get it to work? thx

Zombo
August 4th, 2006, 06:46
Sadly they don't have sound,which I wish NJ would improve on.Who knows when they'll play with sound.

SGT.shadow
August 5th, 2006, 04:52
ya zombos right but u could use IR shell it lets u put on ur own music while u play

V3N0M
August 6th, 2006, 00:45
i got metal slug 1,2,3,4,5, and x working on neogeopsp on my 1.5, but the sound doesnt work on 3,4,5,x. anyone know why and how to get it to work? thx

The reason metal slug 3,4,5, and x don't have sound is because the roms need to be loaded up into the ram all at once. And the only way to get those games to run is by loading the game but with no sound other wise the game wouldn't be able to run at all. Now with neo geo cd the games are in iso so it doesn't matter the size as ther game loads up in chuncks and not as much ram is needed. Well with neo geo the games are in cart (rom form) and need to be loaded up into the ram all at once. with limited ram its hard to load big neo geo games with sound and oftin you can't play it with sound. So that's why those
Games don't run with sound. Now nj is a fantastic coder and oftin excedes my expectations. But in this case there is not a lot nj can do to get sound working. And as he has said himself. He probaly won't be able to make the sound work with larger game like mslug 3 and up. Hope that answered your question. =). Oh and one more thing as sgt. Shadow said you could use ir shell to listen to your own music.