PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo World Championship w/NesterDC won't Work

fnick50
June 11th, 2004, 01:12
Can anybody else confirm this phonemonon. for any version of NesterDC I can not get Nintendo World Championship to play, the first screen comes up then freezes. With the most recent versions of nesterdc should have the proper mapper 105 to run it. Does anyone have a fix or tried this out for them self please let me know.

On regular Nester for the pc emulator, it works fine unofficial Nester and NesterJ.
Thanks Nick

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 06:29
do you use goodtools to audit your roms. if so then give us the version number of your rom and if it has a correct checksum. this is very important to nesterdc has it won't play some games that are overdumped or have a bad checksum

Christuserloeser
June 11th, 2004, 11:12
Seems that Nintendo World Championship might use the PowerPad to work...

This is currently not supported by NesterDC v60 or v71 (the best versions of NesterDC)...

However there will be a new version of it: NesterDC SE by SuperFamicast author Scherzo that might support the Nintendo PowerPad. Let's hope so...

Chris

MetaFox
June 11th, 2004, 14:39
Seems that Nintendo World Championship might use the PowerPad to work...

This is currently not supported by NesterDC v60 or v71 (the best versions of NesterDC)...

However there will be a new version of it: NesterDC SE by SuperFamicast author Scherzo that might support the Nintendo PowerPad. Let's hope so...

Chris

Being that I was actually AT the Nintendo World Championships, I can say that it doesn't. :P

You just played Super Mario Bros., Rad Racer and Tetris.

It was point or time based short versions of the games all rolled into one package, nothing more.

Christuserloeser
June 11th, 2004, 15:47
I see, I actually meant a completly diffrent game. Thank you MetaFox.

Super Team Games NINTENDO 1988
Short Order - Eggsplode NINTENDO 1989
Street Cop BANDAI 1987

used the PowerPad that isn't supported by NesterDC atm.

Beside that the 'black screen' issue would have had nothing to do with a missing PowerPad support, and as guymelef suggested, u should check ur ROMs for that.

Chris

MetaFox
June 11th, 2004, 16:35
I see, I actually meant a completly diffrent game. Thank you MetaFox.It would have been cool if it did use the powerpad though. :)

All the NWCs were, were a bunch of kids playing on several monitors. The best part of the show, was the booths set up for games that hadn't come out yet - kind of an E3 for the public, way before E3. ;)

That's the first place I ever played Dr. Mario. ;D

I've also got a tape of me and my sister doing a commercial for "Super Mario Fruit Snacks" from the show.

Ah, memories. :)

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 16:38
do they still hold those tournies Meta? I know that once in a while blockbuster or toys 'r us will do something.

MetaFox
June 11th, 2004, 16:45
do they still hold those tournies Meta? I know that once in a while blockbuster or toys 'r us will do something.Nah, the first and only Nintendo World Championships were held in 1990. It was spun off from the hype from the gaming championships that were held in the Nintendo product-placement movie, "The Wizard". ;)

guymelef
June 11th, 2004, 18:06
oh yeah fred savage I remember now. *and the premier of the power glove. did anyone mention that and ROB in the controller forum?

fnick50
June 12th, 2004, 00:18
How do you check the version of your rom to check if it has a bad checksum?
, thanks for the reply.

nick

Christuserloeser
June 12th, 2004, 04:12
As guymelef wrote: Cowering's GoodTools could be used here or RomCenter with a GoodNes dat file. Search them with Google... ;)

Chris

fnick50
June 13th, 2004, 02:10
I have tried to use several versions of goodnes and romworld to no avail, I can't seem to understand how it works. It can find my rom files and then when I command it to rename it doesn't do anything, or it says it outputs a file that I can never find, Help on this would be appreciated, but atleast there is promise and I am willing to learn.

Thanks, Nick

guymelef
June 13th, 2004, 08:16
are you useing the dos version or the windows version? *if possible use the windows. *the GUI is much easier to deal with. *and select your directories somewhere in the options and put goodnes in the right spot. believe me it's worth it. especially when it comes to trying to find out which version you have of translated japanese game. *very handy. and if you have a correct checksum and dumpsize as well as knowing which cheat codes to use, as they change with each version(i.e. FF6)

definitly anebreated(sp?)

guymelef
June 13th, 2004, 08:36
oh and if I could get an admin to okay talk about fansubs--- for educational purposes.

Christuserloeser
June 13th, 2004, 13:24
(re)translations of Japanese games is one of the things that makes me love emulation in general. I think it's good to talk about translations by independent groups, as it advertises their hard work.

Chris