PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Flashme and Download/Wi-Fi play

Slickriptide
August 4th, 2006, 18:32
'lo all.

I bought a pre-flashed NDS off of Ebay recently and a M3 cart. Once I dealt with the abysmal documentation (or lack thereof) provided with the M3 software, I had everything up and running great.

That is, until I tried to do some wireless multi-player with my son. Try as we might, my NDS can't detect that there's a download server anywhere; nor was it able to act as a server using a real NDS game cart (New Mario Bros. in this case) and no M3 cart inserted.

I've re-flashed with V7 stealth, just to be sure that the flash was up to date, and I've also updated the firmware in the M3 (not that I expected that to help, but I figured what the heck).

Am I missing any obvious troubleshooting methods that I should be using? Are there any homebrew diagnostics floating around that might shed some light on what's wrong and whether it's a software or hardware problem? The original owner says he used Wifime to do the original flashing, but never used the wireless after that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

pokothehobo
August 4th, 2006, 19:02
uhh o... hmmm i was thinking of flashing mine but this might change my mind... ill do some looking around for the answer but if you find out whats wrong please post it here!

pokothehobo
August 4th, 2006, 19:14
hmmm did u try flashing it the normal way, from here

http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/

it says if you have v4 the wifi wont work with it or something

Currently it is a hacked version of original firmware.
Version: NDS-FW-V7.
Note: If you still have V4, do not play games that use the Nintendo Wi-fi connection.

Slickriptide
August 4th, 2006, 19:21
Yeah, I figured it could be old firmware so I got the latest V7 firmware and loaded that on.

Considering that nobody seems to have ever posted about a problem like this before,I'm thinking that I probably have a hardware problem. I just don't have any way of verifying if that's really the case or not.

pokothehobo
August 4th, 2006, 20:38
Yeah, I figured it could be old firmware so I got the latest V7 firmware and loaded that on.

Considering that nobody seems to have ever posted about a problem like this before,I'm thinking that I probably have a hardware problem. I just don't have any way of verifying if that's really the case or not.

hmmm is there any way to revert to the original nintedo ds firmware? because if it is a problem with the ds, you have already voided your firmware, so maybe you could revert it to the nintendo original firmware, and if wifi still doesnt work on that, you could try and trade it in at target or walmart, ive done it at target before, i didnt even have a receipt...