PDA

View Full Version : ds lite button issue?

dkjr83
August 4th, 2006, 19:41
Quick question.

I think my A button on my ds lite is slightly less responsive and "springy" than the others. On my gba sp the a botton has almost no spring at all, but it still works fine.

Anyone else have this type of problem, and anyone know of a way to fix it, or just have info about how the buttons' spring mechanisms work in general?

Thanks.

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 20:17
i have the original ds (bout it when it came out :D) i dont have any problems with any of my buttons. nintendo is somewhat known for quality hardware pieces :)

dkjr83
August 4th, 2006, 20:19
Yeah my original ds is perfect. The lite is generally very sturdy, in fact I just used nintendo's own recommended method for cleaning buttons (a clean toothbrush around the sides, etc) and it seems to be much better now.

Guess I've got no complaints =]

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 20:21
thats good. it also shows that nintendo has good customer support :)

Quay Cur
August 4th, 2006, 21:34
if you ever had a GB Pocket or GBC (or even a PS2 Dualshock) with a clear case you would have been able to see the button they use. They're pretty much the same as most remote control buttons and the DS Lite uses this type. The circuit board under the button has it's two (or four in the case of the a, b, x, y buttons) contact points and a little rubber cone dealie sits on top of it with a little conductive nub in the middle which completes the circuit when pressed down. It's extremely simple and while it may lose a slight bit of it's "crispness" it should never fail. Think about how long old tv remotes work for. Judging by the fact the cleaning it fixed it in your case it seems like they were just dirty.

Scroll to the bottom of this page (http://www.lik-sang.com/image.php?category=370&products_id=9301&img=nintendods-lite-pure-white&show=35) and they have a picture of the circuit board. This picture (http://www.lik-sang.com/image.php?category=370&products_id=9301&img=nintendods-lite-pure-white&show=38) shows the back side of the rubber part.

dkjr83
August 4th, 2006, 21:49
Excellent, very helpful reply.

Puts my mind at ease regardless of what the problem is.