PDA

View Full Version : Uploading games to DC via BBA

gumbyandpals
June 8th, 2010, 22:13
What tools will I need to be able to upload homebrew games to my DC via BBA?

Is there a size limit?

I've been able to to upload a few small programs successfully using ip-load and dc-tool gui.

However, anything that is a larger file size or has multiple files I am completely lost on how to make it work (or even if I can make it work).

japanese_cake
June 12th, 2010, 13:48
You can't send a game (I mean for example de aretail one) via dc-tool to your dreamcast. If the program has more than one file, it will ask gdrom drive to read needed files and will not check if you have uploaded something somewhere in memory.

If you want to launch game over lan connection instead of gdrom drive, you need redirect gdrom system calls.
Btw, it's what I'm trying to do...

BlueCrab
June 13th, 2010, 18:40
dc-load/dc-tool has built-in support that will work with pretty much any homebrew program (except for things like Linux and NetBSD, as they don't use the syscalls for reading the disc) for redirecting the GD-ROM syscalls to read from an ISO over the network. I've never really used it for much, but I have used it once or twice for testing stuff. Basically, you make an ISO with all the files on it and use the -i flag to dc-tool to specify the ISO file.

This should work for most homebrew stuff (as very little does anything outside the ordinary GD-ROM syscalls), but since that's what the OP asked about...