PDA

View Full Version : Need some clarification please..?

Endless Black
August 4th, 2006, 23:18
Alright long story short when the psp first came out I followed all the news and releases and when I got my first homebrew pack loaded onto my psp and it worked perfectly I was overjoyed. Especially since my friend had gone to a different site and had been trying that whole memory card swap trick haha

But I have been happily playing with my version 1.5 for quite a while now.. and there are features in the 2.0+ firmware update I certainly wouldn't mind getting not to mention some games that require newer firmware..

Really I am trying to get my facts straight is my only real option if I go to firmware 2.0 or later to use a given eloader and go out and purchase GTA just to keep it in my umd so that I can use the eloader to load the emulator? Are the days gone of just being able to load your memory card with gaming goodness?

Feel free to flame me if need be for being a newb and maybe missing some section of the forum.. but if you could provide an answer while doing it it would be appreciated =)

NoQuarter
August 5th, 2006, 00:12
Oh wow, you have been missing out we can actually emulate firmware 2.71 on our 1.5.If you have a 1.5 don't update ever!There's also a port of the links browser which is faster than the sony one on 2.71.There's also custom firmware which allows you to run eboots without the 1.5 exploit,hide corrupt icons,autoboot into a program,recovery mode and more:)

michael_dack_2005
August 6th, 2006, 16:58
NoQuarter sort of helped u there, wot u need is what is called "devhook" - created by booster, this homebrew utility only works on 1.5 but has the power to emulate and play firmwares as high as 2.71. use the ultimate instaler created by chaos zero, version number 1.1.1, over at psp-hacks.com.

Its as shame that sony are suing him for copyright infringment

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 18:03
heres a link to devhook that lets you emulate 2.71:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29032&highlight=devhook

michael_dack_2005
August 7th, 2006, 12:40
and here is the ultimate installer for devhook, a exe program:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673