PDA

View Full Version : ps3 not original?

mesosade
August 5th, 2006, 20:28
after waiting for the release of the ps3 i've come to realise what am i waiting for? there really is no killer app for ps3 with it being stuffed with releases of about millions of sequels and nothing really new i mean they even based the ps3 menu on the psp's! what the hell are they thinking? ooo they're gonna have online play. Well seeming xbox is the dominant community xbox (i no i have one) but seriously if ps3 are to sell they must get a killer app and plz god begging nuthing like this:

if anyone can argue this point on why it's gonna sell except for the fact of the release of mgs4 which will eventually bring me into buying it,what orignality does it posses? hope they don't go dominating the next-gen market...again. wii is looking interesting though was great fun e3 i kinda kept away from the ps3 place though

stotheamuel
August 5th, 2006, 20:42
hmm just wait.. name one killer ap. xbox 360 launch title

the best thing out for xbox360 is oblivion...
and its coming to ps3 with 3+ times more room

and the ps3 can proccess more things at one time... and pull off practicaly the same graphics... so no more laggy loading

dtothabreezy
August 5th, 2006, 22:08
i dont like these but i like jumping in to crap like a pig i am:D the 360 gots 2 killer aps assured to sell alot 1.halo 3 2.gears of war the ps3 also gots 2 games i think will be awsome mgs4 and goddes of war yet the thing is the 360 a hole 200$ less than the ps3 and i cant come up with 600 dollars the one that will probbably win the console war in sells would be the wii becuz ppl who buy a 360 gonna say heck i got a lil money lit me get a wii and ps3 ppl will do the same yet for second and third itl be a war between those to but in over all profit i belive the 360 would get more money becuz they are the middel wait cheap and has about power of ps3 and they sell alot of thier own games the thing that will really more than likely change me to the ps3 will be if it does sorta what the psp and the 360 does updates over time making it better in the end ill have all 3 so thats all got 2 say pz:cool:

DPyro
August 5th, 2006, 22:59
All consoles have rehashed crap seeping out the side of them.

GeEkPiE
August 5th, 2006, 23:16
i agree with $n!pR

felonyr301
August 6th, 2006, 07:27
stotheamuel dont believ the hype of the ps3 able to do way more than the 360 the ps3 is gonna pull of the same graphics of the 360 and its just going to be a copy cat with its online come on everyone knows the 360 is the best when it comes to online (live) and the arcade on it is genius and guess what sony copying it too and they will end up doing worse and reminder they are charging for the online just like 360 and the only thing free is to download some vids and little stuff just like the 360... so basically just get an 360 and a wii for the same price and you will be happier.

acn010
August 6th, 2006, 07:35
he he he:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/sonysux7iv-1.png

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 09:12
he he he:
LMAO thats halarious :)

CampaKaze
August 6th, 2006, 14:25
Lol nice pic and..
Microsoft, i forget really where but i think it was E3 said "Why get a PS3? Get an Xbox 360 and a Wii! You will have 2 consoles to play on"

This really got me thinking, Microsoft is gonna go evil :D lol on the PS3 and lower their system alot when the PS3 comes out so more people will go Xbox 360 and Wii instead of PS3.. well i know for sure a couple people will do that. But it is a smart move by microsoft so when the PS3 comes out Xbox 360 is gonna be cheaper! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! ahaha

stotheamuel
August 6th, 2006, 20:35
the 360 is the best when it comes to online (live) and the arcade on it is genius .

I cant stand it... I have never bought a microsoft point and nor will i ever.

so basically just get an 360 and a wii for the same price and you will be happier.

1. Hmm Okay okay... I buy a 360 (400$)and i have wiresless internet.... i need a 100 doller adapter (500$) and then i want to watch high definition movies ... I need to buy the add-on (700$)

2. The ps3 will be able to process more things at once on screen.. and only with probobly slightly less good graphics... unnoticeable really

3. Linux on ps3 :)

4. psp and ps3 synchronization (no handheld for microsoft)

5. the hype that xbox was better than ps2 was all bs... history repeats itself..

6. (heres a big one) BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY! enough said

7. hd-dvd = 1080i......bluray=1080p (wont effect many but will effect some)

8. Capacity hd-dvd (theoretical limit) 60 gb ...Capacity bluray (theoretical limit) 200 gb

jak66
August 7th, 2006, 21:15
oh god, 200gb on a bluray disk, mgs4 is gonna be more of an interactive cutscene than a actual game

back on topic-ps3 not original
well lets see, controller went from a boomerang to same old dual shock controller, with added tilt sensors after the wii's controller was shown

stotheamuel
August 8th, 2006, 06:30
xbox 360 controller

is a ps2 controller with the dpad and left analog stick switched

dtothabreezy
August 8th, 2006, 08:07
dont for get the biig x in the middele i dont know im bored

Uruz 6
August 8th, 2006, 09:43
But it is a smart move by microsoft so when the PS3 comes out Xbox 360 is gonna be cheaper!

I got the chance to talk with someone involved with microsoft and I must say don't expect microsoft to lower the price of the 360.

quzar
August 8th, 2006, 09:52
he he he:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/sonysux7iv-1.png

That should really say 'Wii ran out of ideas'

3. Linux on ps3 :)
Yea, just like Linux on the ps2 and the open devkit for the PS. YAY! ...

donne
August 8th, 2006, 11:39
Buy PS3 on its first launch batch.. Who knows.. PS3 can emulate 360 or Wii before Sony decided to upgrade its firmware..

Funny thing is.. I don't think Wii would be dominant with games using those motion-sensor thingy.. I mean, it would really appeal to casual-gamer. But there's always something about 'feels like home' on mainstream games.

Perhaps, Wii has it's unique adventages. But 360 in my opinion was only going in a half-path PS3 intended to take us to. 360 rely just on cheap price and not a leap in technology-possibility advancement.

If you let 360 win, then.. I'm afraid the future of the gaming industry (and us - games) would not be that bright.

mesosade
August 8th, 2006, 18:54
um blu-ray holding 200gb??? NO it only holds 20gb...that's only 5 gb more than 360's hd-dvd

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 19:22
I got the chance to talk with someone involved with microsoft and I must say don't expect microsoft to lower the price of the 360.
i thought they publicly revieled they were dropping the price by $100 :confused:

Basil Zero
August 8th, 2006, 21:56
umm lets see....psp compatiablity...nough said

stotheamuel
August 9th, 2006, 04:14
um blu-ray holding 200gb??? NO it only holds 20gb...that's only 5 gb more than 360's hd-dvd

Wrong!

Blu ray has a theoretical 200gb limit.

and has been filled with over 100 gb. :p

look it up

Basil Zero
August 9th, 2006, 04:17
which is why i rather buy the ps3 than the 360 lol

quzar
August 9th, 2006, 07:28
Wrong!

look it up

and CD's have a theoretical limit of 3gb. doesn't mean we really see much more than 800.

mesosade
August 12th, 2006, 14:52
Wrong!

look it up
ooops my bad :) i just can't imagine a disc as much as a average sized hard-drive

mesosade
August 12th, 2006, 14:53
mgs4, yay... nuf' said

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 16:00
which is why i rather buy the ps3 than the 360 lol
Which is why I rather buy the Wii, then wait to see which console is victorious after the 360 and PS3 kick each others asses. It may be the PS3, it may be the 360.

yaustar
August 12th, 2006, 16:21
I have to say that the PS3 isn't setting worlds alight. The Wii is trying something different at a low cost, Xbox 360 is severally pushing the Live! service as far as it can and is an easy console to develop for (It's a multicore PC with DirectX as the API, doesn't get much easier then that).

The PS3's only real outstanding feature (at present) is the Cell chip which (from what I have read) is a nightmare to develop for. I really hope the SDKs are up to scratch.