PDA

View Full Version : CPS2 Emulator for PSP test 3!

dagger89
August 5th, 2006, 23:17
NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html) has posted a new test release of his Capcom CPS2 emulator for the PSP.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xiringu
August 5th, 2006, 23:32
yoohoo

i know i was doing the right thing keeping an eye on dcemu before watching a movie :)

now, no movie -> psp instead :P

by the way, does anybody know if this genius is going to do any other emulation, like mame, or any other hardware, like Taito, for example?

I hope he does, because the mame I've tried is lacking a lot of things

c'mon NJ, surprise us once more! :)

delt31
August 5th, 2006, 23:36
Super Street fighter 2 turbo does work - you have to cache the file ssft.zip as well as ssf2.zip

all the bugs from last release on is SSF2t are gone (life bars, map)

this guy is so good

rock_light
August 6th, 2006, 00:16
w00t this app is DOPE I love it. This author is the best of all. Anticipating every release they offer!

psiko_scweek
August 6th, 2006, 00:29
wow, test release 1 was amazing .... version 3 is just ...wow....and he said its still not up to par?

delt31
August 6th, 2006, 00:33
are you guys still getting lag on marvel vs capcom?

i am -

Festizzio
August 6th, 2006, 00:37
I'm playing Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter and it still lags, but not as much as the previous versions.

delt31
August 6th, 2006, 00:41
what are your settings and did you redo the cache or did you use the same cache as the other versions

aries2k4
August 6th, 2006, 00:51
what are your settings and did you redo the cache or did you use the same cache as the other versions

Hmm, should you change the cache. I already had 6 games with test version1 and I just put vers3 on my ms. But I kept the cache. going to try it now
Way to go NJ:D
Your right, this emu is not up to par:rolleyes:
Ha, ha just kidding, this emu rocks you perfectionist;)

delt31
August 6th, 2006, 01:08
let me know how it plays b/c i still get lag

pokemastr
August 6th, 2006, 01:10
How do you play marvel vs. streetfighter when i select it. The program says it won't run

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 01:13
u need the US version of the MAME rom..... just google the name of the rom u have (mvsf.zip) and add a u after the f (mvsfu.zip)

Cenn
August 6th, 2006, 01:15
all this thing needs is a save state option, and i'd be happy.
(since sprites get ****ed up if you put the PSP into sleep mode)

great work NJ!

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 01:21
a save state would make it feel unrealistic... this is an ARCADE emulator... of course there this no saving

gemini26
August 6th, 2006, 01:24
My dream of playing Alien vs Predator on my psp has come true ^_^

I've noticed the sound has improved on this test 3 version

Cenn
August 6th, 2006, 01:29
regarding the save states,
it's true that an arcade emulator doesn't really need it.

and i'd be fine with that, except shadows over mystara takes around 90 minutes to finish.... T_T
and with sleep mode doing weird things to sprites.....

xiringu
August 6th, 2006, 01:39
for what I know, the cache converter is exactly the same, so there's no point on redoing the cache

just in case somebody had a doubt... :)

vettacossx
August 6th, 2006, 01:40
when will this support euoro. roms? some of my cps2 roms arent us roms ?! does this version ?

xiringu
August 6th, 2006, 02:05
is it just me, or this version doesn't save the changes on settings.

it seems to go to its default everytime I load a different game

I'm pretty sure prev version did

aries2k4
August 6th, 2006, 02:10
Ah, so the eur versions(of the Marvel titles) don´t work.
I had the 3 marvel titles here but all EU. going to have to search for US:(

isamu
August 6th, 2006, 02:18
a cps2 emu ofr psp? wow that seems incredible!

what about a neo-geo emu?

xiringu
August 6th, 2006, 02:29
there's already one! lol

ngepsp i think is the name

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 02:49
a cps2 emu ofr psp? wow that seems incredible!

what about a neo-geo emu?

.... i believe there is a neo geo and neo geo cd emulator... on NJ's webpage, lol

QueadlunnRau
August 6th, 2006, 02:53
Hmm I finally finished testing 29 CPS2 roms getting no sleep last night and now test ver 3 comes out ... oh well, I can sleep when I die.

NJ will prolly come out with a test ver 4 or an alpha ver 1 by the time I am done posting this reply. :)

sgamemu22
August 6th, 2006, 02:55
WOW this is an amazing piece of work by NJ.

aries2k4
August 6th, 2006, 04:13
when will this support euoro. roms? some of my cps2 roms arent us roms ?! does this version ?

Sure, alot of my roms are eur and work. For the Marvel titles you can use eur but you also need the small US ver(under 2mb) for it to work.

I get a small lag on marvel superheroes.
haven´t tried the others yet.

once again great job NJ:D

vettacossx
August 6th, 2006, 04:49
you also need the small US ver(under 2mb) for it to work.

SMALL US VERSION???? LOL SO like i said when will this support my eruro version of marvel vs capcom someone mail me with a salution if you can i just would be happy to see m vs c on my psp at all!!!!! ;) ya know???!!! thanks in advanced [email protected]

publicprivates
August 6th, 2006, 05:00
yeah, i cant find the small us version anywhere at all

jinqui242
August 6th, 2006, 05:23
Just Google the name of the rom. I finally got them working. X-Men Vs Street Fighter gave me the most trouble. I had to take three rom sets (one large Euro and two small US) and combine into one zip before it would work.

NovaKane
August 6th, 2006, 05:35
Ok here's how it works. When you have the "Euro" version of a rom, it acts as the parent rom. The thing is, trying to run the Euro rom alone won't work so you must have the smaller US version to run it.

Ex:
mvsc.zip (20+ mb) ---> Euro
mvscu.zip (1+ mb) ---> US

You only need the cache file for the US rom. That's basically it.

Now, can someone tell me which fighting games run with no lag? I know the Vs. games will always probably have lag but what about regular 1-on-1's like SSF2, SSF2T, Marvel Superheroes, X-Men: COTA, Cyberbots etc?

Thanks.

cylonwar
August 6th, 2006, 06:26
Hey I did that with Marvel Superheroes and STILL would not run there's more to this, are you sure you're not leaving out anything. Though I will try it with Marvel vs. Capcom maybe it'll work with this one.

cylonwar
August 6th, 2006, 06:42
Good News, Marvel vs. Capcom worked!!! Apparently, for those having troubling running these games on the cps2 emu, you must keep both roms (US & Euro versions) in the cache folder. As mentioned a few posts ago, you only need to cache the US rom. The newly cache rom goes in its designated folder via psp/game/cpsp2/cache. The other two roms (Euro & US) MUST be in the roms folder in order to run the Marvel games (Marvel vs. Capcom, Marvel Superheroes, and X-Men vs. Streetfighter). Good Luck!!:cool:

NovaKane
August 6th, 2006, 06:45
Glad you got it to work...now can someone please answer my question about which fighting games run with very little to no lag. :cool:

Pumped'Up
August 6th, 2006, 06:48
Thanks King NJ!!! :D

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 07:34
Glad you got it to work...now can someone please answer my question about which fighting games run with very little to no lag. :cool:
x-men children of the atom
marvel super heros
marvel vs capcom

Festizzio
August 6th, 2006, 07:38
x-men children of the atom
marvel super heros
marvel vs capcom
What fps does marvel vs capcom run at, approximately?
Edit: Just tried Marvel Vs. Capcom, and I get this error: "THIS GAME DOESN'T WORK.

You won't be able to make it work correctly. Don't bother

Press any button."

What does that mean?

Edit2: Nevermind, I renamed it to mvscu.zip and it worked.

tdcldc
August 6th, 2006, 08:03
I got it to go to the load rom screen, but it says, "File not found or CRC32 not correct. "USER1"." Can anyone help or does anyone have a ver. that does work that they will post or at least tell me where u got your roms froms, if they r working for you. Thx.

Video_freak
August 6th, 2006, 08:45
thanks NJ! keep working on this emu and dont give up :D

xiringu
August 6th, 2006, 09:22
marvel vs capcom has some lag for me

Darkstalkers runs smooth

.:PSP1.0:.
August 6th, 2006, 09:54
NJ is a coding GOD! :P lol

b8a
August 6th, 2006, 10:02
For those of you wondering if NJ's going to be doing a MAME port, the question's been answered a lot of times. The answer is no. It's not possible. NJ does use MAME code however, so what he's doing by releasing these specialized emulators is effectively porting MAME in chunks, filling in the gaps that a general MAME app for PSP could never cover on it's own. Pretty good strategy as far as I'm concerned. It's not like you could ever hope to fit EVERY arcade game on your memory stick anyway. A full version of MAME is unnessecary (not to mention that people asking for a PSP port is very irritating for the core MAME team).

Anyway, I've translated the release notes for anyone interested:

Since it's very likely that there'll be a major change in the implementation, I'm keeping this as a test version for the time being.
Just don't hate me if I give up on it along the way.

I've fixed several major bugs.
I've updated rominfo.dat so don't forget to update.
I'll be doing fine-tuning and minor bug fixes, so as long as there are no fatal bugs, I don't plan on updating this for the time being. Other than the cache portion, at it's current state, it's been optimized as much as possible, so I'll try a few things but if it looks like it can't be further improved, I may end it here.

-Fixed the sound. I think it's gotten quite a bit better.
-Made it so that the video and sound settings are saved for each game. Since all of the settings are initialized on launch, don't forget to make your settings again.
-Made it so that the screen size is 24:17 by default (since the screen display for both vertical and horizontal games is shrunk and gets messed up when it's 4:3). Further, the screen is only enlarged at 24:17 for vertical games.
-Changed the inital button values for Quiz Nanairo Dreams (qdream). (swapped Button 2 and 3, and allocated L trigger for player switching)
-Fixed the cache handling of ssf2tb as well as ssf2t clone sets.
Since the parent set is ssf2, when you have the ssf2 cache, that set is read in and there was a problem with a portion of the BG not being displayed, I performed a fix. The effected games are below.

parent set: ssf2tb
ssf2tbr1 Super Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (World 930911)
ssf2tbj Super Street Fighter II: The Tournament Battle (Japan 930911)

parent set: ssf2t
ssf2ta Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Asia 940223)
ssf2tu Super Street Fighter II Turbo (US 940323)
ssf2tur1 Super Street Fighter II Turbo (US 940223)
ssf2xj Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge (Japan 940223)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Since it's a hassle, I haven't made one, but if you construct zipnamej.dat in the same manner as the CPS1 Emulator, and copy it along with the resource_jp.zip folder that comes with CPS1PSP to the cps2psp folder, Japanese is displayed in the file browser.
If you're interested, give it a try.

Performing a QSOUND check on Vampire Hunter, there were a few tracks where the sound was funny. Something like, Continue, Dimitri's Stage, Anakaris Stage, and Felicia's stage.
addendum 1: When at 44100Hz, for some reason it's fine... Hmm.
addendum 2: Even in MAME it sounds funny when you change the sample rate. Looks like it's a bug with the QSOUND emulator.
addendum 3: It looks like other emulators which use the base AMUSE QSOUND emulator are all bad. I'll try out a different MAME QSOUND emulator.
addendum 4: I've become even more tone-deaf (ha ha) Hmmmm, what's going on
addendum 5: I've completed the fix for the time being... I've got a feeling that it's meaningless to playback at 11KHz or 22KHz.

Plans from here on
-Adjust the sound volume. It's kind of all over the place in some games.
-Fix drawing bugs and do a final adjustment
-Change the texture region size for each game to an optimal value
Since I've got to check them all, this will take a while.
-Change the memory cache for each game to an optimized format
This is also going to take some time.

About the ROM set
The ROM files are based on MAME 0.106 and later.
For older MAME ROM set's and other emulators sets, you need to fix the zip file name. Basically, all encrytpted ROMs that have been unencrypted will run. Encrypted ROMS that haven't been unencrypted are displayed in grey in the file browser. If it's not displayed in grey but won't operate, then the ROM set in different from MAME's.
With one exception. It looks like choko will launch in MAME, but I've made it so that it won't launch in this emulator.

Reasons why CPS2 emulation is difficult on the PSP
Basically, there's no where near enough memory.
It would've been fine if only there wasn't a XOR table for breaking the ROM encrytion. The PSP has 32MB of memory built in, however since 8MB is used by the PSP's OS, etc..., in reality you can only use 24MB. Since around 4MB is used by the program's portion, it's only feasible to use about 20MB for the ROM's data partition.
...If only there were an additional 32MB, or at least 24MB, it'd be sooo easy.

There's also not enough VRAM.
In only 4MB, you need to allocate space for the display frame, drawing frame, and composition frame as well as allocating space for textures for sprites. So, it's pushing it just allocating space for the frame being currently drawn and you can't allocate memory for cache. Even still, you can construct a virtual frame in main memory for screen compositing (same methoud as MAME and other emulators for Windows), but then the speed only drops more than the current state.

Finally, there's the CPU processing power.
But since the drawing power is fairly good, I'm using that to cover the overall speed.

bosanova_x
August 6th, 2006, 10:03
I've just had the test 1 version of this and now a test 3!!

I love this!!

nj is a robot.

MicroNut
August 6th, 2006, 10:21
Sweet!
I got 19XX, Mars Matrix, GigaWing, Darkstalkers and Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom running great.

Zombo
August 6th, 2006, 10:33
A full version of MAME is unnessecary

Actually it wood be quite fun to play a few 80's games,but sadly I knew this wasn't possible (then again there are a few MAME emulators on the PSP but they're rarely updated)

b8a
August 6th, 2006, 10:53
Actually it wood be quite fun to play a few 80's games...Which is why I wrote:

filling in the gaps that a general MAME app for PSP could never cover on it's own. Pretty good strategy as far as I'm concerned.Great to play all your old favorites, but one single emulator isn't really nessecary. I don't think there's anything wrong with having many different optomised emulators as opposed to one single under performing one.

oblivioner
August 6th, 2006, 11:13
Awesome, NJ for me he's the best PSP coder ever.

I've got almost all games to work with good speed and sound, however I'm having problems with Cybots and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, can anyone please tell me the size and name of their rom and cache files for this games, I would be eternally grateful; I've got Super Street Fighter II to work but Turbo doesn't like me.

About laggy games, I suggest the obvious, turn off auto frameskip but put frameskip to 1 or 2 for some improvement without the weird performance of the afs

wilbur
August 6th, 2006, 11:28
anyone recomend me the best street fighter game?

can't be bothered to try em all out or have 8 kinds on my emu

Ta

PS -no multiple answers plz

oblivioner
August 6th, 2006, 11:39
The best street fighter game ever is Street Fighter III 3S, but on cps1/cps2 as pure street fighter game, super street fighter 2 turbo, however the best fighter overall on those platforms is marvel vs capcom imho.

knownX
August 6th, 2006, 13:08
i love it and its going to better wow nice job guys

bosanova_x
August 6th, 2006, 13:13
has anyone managed to find a rom of hyper sft the anniversary edition.or did this never come out for the cps2.

I've looked on various web sites and they say that the game is cps2.

If anybody knows if it is available could you post it.

thanks.

and last but not least thanks NJ for this most amazing emu.

ste
August 6th, 2006, 14:39
Holy sh!!t! Test ver 4 is out! It's a Q-sound fix only I think.

Voltron
August 6th, 2006, 16:04
NJ is unreal!

How lucky we are to have such talent working on our side sacrificing much of his own time and asking nothing in return.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH NJ!

jinqui242
August 6th, 2006, 16:53
Can anyone tell me if Vampire Hunter 2 and Night Warriors are the same game (just JP and US names)? I'd rather get rid of the JP version if it's the same. I checked a FAQ at GameFAQs, but it was still confusing.

Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

parsifal968
August 6th, 2006, 18:30
Interested in arcade emulation?
Go to mame.net and mameworld.net and read all the infos.
then grab the latest mame rom collection (search the internet).

All the questions is pretty explained now and then.

Mr. Shizzy
August 6th, 2006, 18:36
Holy sh!!t! Test ver 4 is out! It's a Q-sound fix only I think.

Post a Link.

subcomander
August 6th, 2006, 18:44
http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html

Mr. Shizzy
August 6th, 2006, 19:04
Awesome - thanks. This guy codes new versions faster than i can test them!!!

jinqui242
August 6th, 2006, 19:30
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge is the only one I can't get working. I have vhunt2.zip (22.4 MB) and vhunt2r1.zip (1.2 MB). I combined them into one zip file, named it vhunt2.zip, and ran it through the cache, but I get the message, "It won't work."

Does anyone that has it working have a file list of what's inside their zip? I tried another romset and certain files were the same size, but had "m" after the numbers. Those didn't work either.

Thanks...

SmashinGit
August 6th, 2006, 20:07
I've gone back to version 3. Version seemed to run a touch slower for me.

Jinqui242 convert the 22.4mb only. Put the converted cache rom into your cach folder on your psp. Then put the seperate roms 22.4mb and 1.2 roms into your rom folder. Start up and select the 1.2mb rom and it will load. Hope i've explained that ok.

jethro
August 6th, 2006, 20:18
This is AWESOME !!! I have tested the first release, and it was a blast ! , now the test 3 , I have update the cache and still lags on marvel vs capcom and marvel vs street fighter... I hope the improvements will keep comming...

Vega
August 6th, 2006, 20:50
About freakin time... Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo works! Ive been bustin to play it for about a week now.

wilbur
August 6th, 2006, 21:04
Hi. Can't get D&D tower of doom to work or 1944. can anyone PM me and tell me how they set em up in the roms folder and where they got the sets from please

Vega
August 6th, 2006, 21:09
Can someone who got Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo to work PLEASE pm me. I have the original parent rom (SSF2 WORLD 930911) and when I try to load either the US or World versions of Super SF 2 Turbo im getting a "ERROR : COULD NOT OPEN FILE @tile8_usage pen usage" Message on the emulator screen. Please help !!

jinqui242
August 6th, 2006, 21:18
I've gone back to version 3. Version seemed to run a touch slower for me.

Jinqui242 convert the 22.4mb only. Put the converted cache rom into your cach folder on your psp. Then put the seperate roms 22.4mb and 1.2 roms into your rom folder. Start up and select the 1.2mb rom and it will load. Hope i've explained that ok.

Thanks, SmashinGit, that worked.

kando
August 7th, 2006, 01:41
unbelievable....2.6 gta loader and im playing mvsc....hehe

open the rominfo.dat with notepad and search for the exact name that the zip file is...ex...."mvsc"...and scroll around, if a "mvscu" exists, that means ull have to rename your rom and ur cache file to "mvscu"

if there is no U ur good :)

NovaKane
August 7th, 2006, 02:39
Can anyone tell me if Vampire Hunter 2 and Night Warriors are the same game (just JP and US names)? I'd rather get rid of the JP version if it's the same. I checked a FAQ at GameFAQs, but it was still confusing.

Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers Revenge
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

Yeah, I'm confused about all of these Darkstalkers games as well. Can someone clear which is which. I'm guessing Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire is the first game.

MANCHESTERUNITEDDAN
August 9th, 2006, 12:39
Yeah, I'm confused about all of these Darkstalkers games as well. Can someone clear which is which. I'm guessing Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire is the first game.

Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge is the only one released in the Europe because it did badly the others were never released in europe...

But sorry cant help you with the others

Harlan
August 11th, 2006, 15:58
Can someone pls give me a step to step guide (installind the emulator and roms) on how i can play cps2 roms like marvel vs streetfighter on my psp1.5

QueadlunnRau
August 11th, 2006, 16:49
Can someone pls give me a step to step guide (installind the emulator and roms) on how i can play cps2 roms like marvel vs streetfighter on my psp1.5

Step 1: Install the emulator into your PSP - Copy folders “cps2psp” & “%cps2psp” into “\PSP\GAME\” in your PSP. (You can be 1337 and rename them to __SCE__cps2psp and %__SCE__cps2psp but don't need to if your confused bout that).

Step 2: Convert/Cache your CPS2 Roms - Use the provided "converter" program and drag your .zipped roms into "romcnv.exe". (This will create *_cache.zip files in "cache" in the same filder).

Step 3: Install your roms - Copy your roms into "\PSP\GAME\cps2psp\roms" ... if you do not have the folder called "roms" then create it.

Step 4: Install your newly converted cache – Copy all files in your "converter\cache" folder to your PSP's "\PSP\GAME\cps2psp\cache" folder, again if you do not have this folder create it.

Dat’s it!!!

Notes – Make sure you have the correct romsets and any parent roms that are needed to run the games you want, example if you want Xmen vs Street Fighter to work, you will need xmvsfu.zip (US 961023) as well as the parent xmvsf.zip (Euro 961004) unless you can find a complete xmvsfu.zip set. (You can also make your complete set by editing both .zip files and using just what is needed into one file).

If any of this confuses you, don't worry, you can throw your PSP across the room.

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 03:34
sum plz help me.....i downloaded or saved dat cps2 watever u call it 2 my psp and i cheked if it waz there under psp/game and it said the folder iz empty? sum 1 plz help me

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 03:39
hu no how 2 download cps2 2 psp?

Napalm-Death
August 12th, 2006, 03:43
if u lok at da 1st page dere is a link 2 da emu!
Jeez dude, read the first post next time. -_-

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 12:50
wats a rom?

LordSturm
August 12th, 2006, 13:20
Lol@ What's a rom...

A rom is usually a dump of the contents of a cartridge, or sometimes, a CD, but the CD's are usually ISO's hehe.

They come in bin format, or named for the particular system, ie. sgm...

In this case, a rom is something loaded by CPS2, and is to be emulated here!

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 13:29
wat do dey look like

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 13:31
wat do dey look like as in words i mean

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 13:36
and wea do i get dem from

Napalm-Death
August 12th, 2006, 13:46
How about you use google and stop asking so many stupid questions?

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 14:28
wea do u get romz from?

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 14:30
wat do u put through the converter

stepppp
August 12th, 2006, 14:46
Shut up you silly git....use google.

pooass
August 12th, 2006, 21:47
can sum plz give me a step by step on how to use the cps2 on your psp........plz help

aries2k4
August 12th, 2006, 23:15
Page 7, post #69

pooass
August 13th, 2006, 00:39
sum1 help me i put marvel vs capcom/mvsc.zip through the converter on 1.5 and it wouldnt work ,it said create cache file....then it said ERROR:COULD NOT CREATE FILE?PLZ SUM1 HELP ME

pooass
August 13th, 2006, 06:46
sum1 help my rom cant get converted can sum1 help me....and da rom is mvsc/marvel vs capcom

pooass
August 13th, 2006, 06:49
and can sum1 tell me wat temp is bcause it haz sum files put in it wen i try 2 convert mvsc

halo 007
August 14th, 2006, 02:00
you know that capcom makes greatesthits
cd why make an xpliot or iso game image on
capcoms grastest hits game menu

hemsjones
August 14th, 2006, 15:43
what does everyone mean by change the cache? and how do u do that?

hemsjones
August 14th, 2006, 15:54
i downloaded the cps2 emulator but no converter came along with it?

EsCO823
August 15th, 2006, 00:53
originally posted by: Halo 007 - you know that capcom makes greatesthits
cd why make an xpliot or iso game image on
capcoms grastest hits game menu

Because they can do this, but they would also not put out the real greatest hits which are licensed. Such as the X-men vs Street Fighter series and Marvel vs Capcom series =( and they do not have the rights to these games anymore. Maybe activision will wisen up :P

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 07:48
sum1 help i cant convert my mvsc zip file.....it sayz create cache file then comprress to zip file...'cache/mvsc_cache.zip then it opens a new page or box wat ever and the page iz blank and at the top it sayz ZIP32J.DLL STATUS
and at the bottom it sayz ok and ???then dat page clozes and the con verter page sayz ERROR:could not create zip file.press any key to exit.....sum1 plzzz help me.it duzent work for any other zip either like mshvsc,or sfa plzz HELP ME

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 07:53
And Sum Other Files Are In A Folder Called Temp That I Dont Even No About?they Cum Up In2 Dat Temp Folder Every Time I Try 2 Convert A Rom?sum Plz Give Me Help

donne
August 16th, 2006, 08:21
Man, I'm getting dizzy with your "sum1" "plzz" "Cum" "In2" "Iz" "Sayz" "Dat" "clozes" "Iz" "No"... "Duzen".. OMG.. I put "Iz" twice.. :D

The first thing I do is find another rom-site and download the game. Most probably yours is incomplete or corrupted. There's a way to check whether it's a good ROM, but for me, if it ain't working then it ain't working.

I tried many thing with this MVSC until someone told me to rename it to mvscu, strangely it worked (so saving my time from combining US and EUR Rom) but I think it's just me and him. But my point is don't easily give up.

I think temp used during convertion process before the _cache.zip sent to cache folder (or so I think).

For sum1 (OMG.. it's contagious !) who's missing the converter, how did you extract the file ? Try using Right-click-->winzip-->extract to here so you get the right folder structure extracted. It's on the Converter folder.

Hop diz work.

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 08:30
hey can u tell me y it wont create a zip file in the converter

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 08:33
do u got a email adress to guide me on how to get all dis cps2 and roms etc working,its all right if u dont want 2 give me ur email

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 09:09
i mean do u got a email adress

pooass
August 16th, 2006, 09:18
duz any1 no a site wea u can play marvel super heroes game,marvel vs street fighter or any other marvel game that u can play on the computer or any marvel or streetfighter games that u can download to your computer from a ceartian site?if u no a site plz tell

donne
August 16th, 2006, 10:40
There's already a guide on how to use the emulator by xevilbladex, and seemed to me that's a basic computer skill needed. From what I think you got incorrect files, but let me give this check list :

1. What firmware you do have (I know you asked about caching a file but that's our SOP :D )
2. Where did you download the CPS2PSP.zip ?
3. What version (test 3, test 4 or 5) of the CPS2PSP. I suggest you get the test 4 although 5th available. If it's test 4 then it's 588kb in zip.
4. Do you use a Mac or Windows
5. Did you extract the CPS2PSP.zip correctly ? please check the folder structure, but it's easy if you unzip correctly (check xevilbladex threads again for this).
6. Have you tried to cache other file than mvsc ?
7. My working mvsc rom is : 23.027kb, zipped up 22 files.
8. Seriously man, I can't get you much other advice. Re download all the files if problem persist.
9. And no, I can't name you a rom-site. Just google-up and I think you'll be fine.

hemsjones
August 17th, 2006, 18:52
i got marvelsuperheroes vs streetfighter working and marvel vs capcom but apperently these are the only two games i can get working, i've tried megaman, marvelsuperheroes,x-men children of the atom, x-men vs streetfighter,darkstalkers and i cant get any of them to work ive looked through the commentstried different ideas and still nothing. any suggestions?

polkod
August 17th, 2006, 21:38
Heyo everyone !

I don't post much unless its important and this moment is pretty important because THE PSP CPS2 emulator test ver. 5 iS OUT :eek:

:eek: Download it now off the official site heres the link :eek:

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/files/cps2psp_test5.zip

eazy-e
August 19th, 2006, 20:41
wtf i thought this waz data corrupt fixer

Video_freak
August 19th, 2006, 20:48
No, this is a CPS2 emu...

pooass
August 20th, 2006, 06:32
hey jst bein a random....has anyone played shinobido way of the ninja on ps2?if you have can you tell me if your player/crow jumps automatically or can you make him jump by a button e.g x button to make him jump

pooass
August 20th, 2006, 06:33
i havnt played shinobido yet i waz planning on buying it