PDA

View Full Version : Lite a better Mp3 Player?

CampaKaze
August 5th, 2006, 23:40
Lol.. wow im dissapointed in myself, this is the 3rd Q ive asked today, but i guess i cant really ask my bro or anyone else i know lol.. im in a HicTown lol, im the only one i know with a DS or anyone who knows about Homebrew even what the words mean >.>..

Well ive got a Decision to make, Okay i bought my MP3 Player from Bestbuy for my last B-day, buuuuut.. the headphone jack is busted now and will rarely play with both headphone sides mostly just 1 side which sucks badly.. :p and it was a 512mb but i get to keep it with a $160 (CAN) gift card to bestbuy, now that got me thinking...

Would it be better to buy a DS Lite from bestbuy with that giftcard (mite need like $10 extra but w/r) and then get the Homebrew DS equipment with my real money after that (i could just get memory card from bestbuy and prolly get rest of money from parents in exchange for rest of the card)

I would probably have to wait till christmas if i had the DS Lite first but the real opinion i need is, is that the mp3 player from the homebrew equipment good? and would it be much easier to have a DS Lite with it instead of a Hevi (lol i like that name) because of size?

Sorry if this is really confusing, but its get Lite now, later or not at all but im definately going to get the Homebrew equip by the end of the year no matter what. But i mite not have an Mp3 Player for a while so thats why im asking about mp3 capabilities.

Thanks in advance and hope your brain didn't explode, and if it did, hope you had a warranty.. mine didnt and it costed me a lot..... Bye!

CampaKaze
August 5th, 2006, 23:58
Yah.. um.. >.> <.<

Soo if i were to get the DS Lite and to flash it should i get these products (not necissarily from this site tho)

These (http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?cPath=30_35&products_id=276)

This (http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=26&products_id=263)

And This (http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?products_id=55)?

Thanks in advanced... again! Byes!

Quay Cur
August 6th, 2006, 07:33
Yep, that's everything you'd need.

Can't comment on the mp3 stuff as I've never bothered with it. I have an well-worn iPod for that. Just blow all your money on the DS Lite and homebrew stuff, you'll at least have fun with it :)

CampaKaze
August 6th, 2006, 14:12
Lol Cool! first guess :D Thanks alot Quay Cur, you've been a big help ^.^

Joel92
August 6th, 2006, 14:27
ok, before you go right out and buy a supercard and what not, you might want to look for some other choices first. anyways, supercard lite will only work with a ds lite... if you didnt already know. anyways, there is also something called m3 perfect, which is a good mp3 player because it plays good movies, music, nintendo ds programs, gba programs, and many more. thats what im getting.

go to www.m3adapter.com

CampaKaze
August 6th, 2006, 14:39
Yesss... you are right but that sticks out alot on a DS Lite, but usually i wouldnt care but since id be using it as an mp3 player since my other ones broke, id want to find the best smallest one.. :p

Quay Cur
August 6th, 2006, 16:21
Can't believe I forgot about this. M3 is making a Lite version that could possibly be out mid August. It'll use microSD just like the Supercard Lite. I don't know if it will have the changable GBA sized case like the G6 Lite, but it very well may. If you'd want to wait it out a few weeks and pay a bit more you should probably get the M3 Lite. Supercards aren't pieces of trash, but the M3/G6 line is just a little bit better. Oh, and you can skin the interface of both the M3 and G6, which is useless yes but it's something I look forward to doing.