PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2010 - Your Views So Far ?

wraggster
June 19th, 2010, 11:24
I have been a lifelong fan of football watching it since the age of 5 going to the Trent End at Nottingham Forest to see forest become the back to back winners of the Euro Cup and basically the worlds best club footie team at that time.

This world cup however has drove me mad with that annoying horn noise and rubbish perfomances from the likes of England and France, Does anyone else feel the same ?

ian h
June 19th, 2010, 14:16
yeah same here, that vuvenzala (if thats how you spell it) has done my god damn head in, my nan also loves watching football but cant cuz of them horns and she has a bad ear. I am an England fan (ofcourse) and I think England may not make it past the group stages, they have been god damn crap this world cup.

tutting
June 19th, 2010, 16:21
I must say i'm extremely dissapointed with Englands performance, especially last night. You'd think after watching them for 30 years I'd have been used to it but I'm sorry so say they never fail to dissapoint.

mike_jmg
June 19th, 2010, 17:12
This world cup has been plagued with errors, it seems like it's the first time they touch a ball.

On the other hand the ball itself is just awful and bounces like crazy (stupid jabulani). Hence why they should have had more practice playing with it.

I'm Mexican so yeah I have my hopes in Mexico becoming champion (yeah right). Everyone here went crazy after we beated France haha. Yet this is like the worst French team there's ever been.

Mexico also never fails to dissapoint, so we'll just see how it goes

repuken2
June 19th, 2010, 18:22
I really don't know what's going on with the other big team's, even Germany. Spain, England and France have really dissapointed me.

So far the only one's i like is Brasil, 1st Germany match ( although Australia is not a big deal) and of course MY country team: Argentina.

So yeah, it's really sucking.

SmashinGit
June 19th, 2010, 18:46
Really disappointed with England, they are playing with no pashion, no energy and no flair. Thay all seem unhappy, Cappello is playing key players out of position and no one seems like they actually want to be there. Apparently it was the same in 1986 and 1990 but I honestly cannot remember such poor performances from other England teams in the world cup finals.

symbal
June 19th, 2010, 18:50
Well everyone's saying Capello's management style is too strict and all our pampered little premiership players are lacking motivation, so given our history we'll be looking for yet another manager at the end of the tournament.

WhizzBang
June 19th, 2010, 21:29
All the European team are looking poor. We might see an all South American final, Argentina vs Brazil?

asnesio
June 19th, 2010, 23:03
Brazilian here.... Brazil did not do grate the first game against Korea. It felt kind of lucky. Some great teams as well kind of sucked and others "low expectation teams" where doing really nice. If it keeps this way untill the next games Brazil wont be at the finals.... guess maybe Argentina.... kind of sad to admit that (soccer related issues for Argentina and Brazil dont go along very well.... sort of a "national soccer hatred" ... hehehe). Letīs see how it ends. :-D