PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD/SDL v7 Released

DCEmu_Newsposter
May 17th, 2004, 18:23
Ian Michael has released a new version of his Neogeo CD emulator for Dreamcast, heres whats new:[br][br] Bios grafix now, are not scrambled, Press ( Start,a,b,x,y together to enter bios) This lets you format the memory card. [br][br]Auto saving, No user input needed, look at the, VMU to know when it's saving. [br][br]Auto game loading now, waits till you open the lid, before checking for a game Saves the dreamcast work. [br][br]New Progress status tells you what to do and when Should stop any user error's [br][br]Control fix now the select button works bringing in game pause and being able to look at and quit back to the menu from art gallerys. [br][br]Now supporting proper 2 players in all games. [br][br]new splash screen [br][br]Comes with a preformated memory card to use with speuds VMU TOOL has saves built in for metal slug 1 and other games. [br][br]Some optmizing to the render Changed some Multis to shifts [br][br]In game pause Select button now works With out breaking anlog control support (fosters) [br][br]Download From the Neogeo CD Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/neogeocdsdl.shtml) [br][br]More of the newspost within :)

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 18:27
The Newspost in Full :)

Added Updates From Pc version of the source base Fosters NEOCD/SDL v0.3.0 Added new functions written for the dc version as well. V7 has this improvements

- Bios grafix now, are not scrambled, Press ( Start,a,b,x,y together to enter bios) This lets you format the memory card.
- Auto saving, No user input needed, look at the, VMU to know when it's saving.
- Pause button is the right trigger now
- Auto game loading now, waits till you open the lid, before checking for a game Saves the dreamcast work.
- New Progress status tells you what to do and when Should stop any user error's
- Control fix now the select button works bringing in game pause and being able to look at and quit back to the menu from art gallerys.
- Now supporting proper 2 players in all games.
- new splash screen
- Comes with a preformated memory card to use with speuds VMU TOOL has saves built in for metal slug 1 and other games.
- Some optmizing to the render Changed some Multis to shifts.

(Q).What does this mean bios grafix not scrambled
(A).Now by pressing the key combo you can view the Neogeo cd machines, bios And tinker with the, Memory card function it seems to work but you cant, once done this return or load a game from the bios it's more a novelty at this point.
(Q).What does Auto saving mean?
(A). It means no more pressing left trigger, to save. The emulator detect's when the memory card, is being written to. So now, saving is pretty much like the real neogeo machine, and needs no user input, other then . when the game, asks for you to save at points. This does bring a short delay as, it will save to the vmu when the emulator . detects it needs to write to the card. When this happens the VMU will say saving "wait a moment" Warning only use a vmu With At lest 20 blocks free, and dont use a vmu with importain saves or back them up warning dont remove a vmu when the emulator is on it will crash it.
(Q).What does auto game loading mean really?
(A).New in this version auto loading checks if the lid has been opened, and tells you to take the emulator disk out. It will not thrash the laser like before but only check when you place the, neogeo cd into the dreamcast, and shut the lid. When this is done no user input is needed it will auto load the game wait for it to load. a black screen is normal till a game loads but over 1 min is not normal Check the game list on what works.
(Q).What's a new progress status?
(A).It's a set of txt prompts telling you what, to do and when, to do it, this should make it the most easy, to use version, better then last time.
(Q). Whats proper 2 player controls ?
(A). Now a keyboard is no longer needed for 2 player games 2, Dreamcast(tm) controlers can be uses to play VS games So proper 2 player controls First version to support this.
(Q).Error? on this version
(A).KOF games have messed loading screens does not effect game play. Some other games prolly have messed Loading screens.
(Q).Still no SFX?
(A).Yes the code is going to be Addapted from Genesis plus SDL in parts and re written for V1.0
(Q).Still Not all games working with CDDA
(A).Correct Around 12 games work with perfect stereo cd sound track Track order is not a problem with real cd's ive been told.

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 19:13
Opps I just posted On the front page and seen some one else beat me to it ! What should i do guys

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 19:17
ill sort it :)

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 19:19
all done :)

once im straight in my house i wanna try this baby :)

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 19:53
yeah it's pretty nice now Ive got big plans for it.. 1.0 should be a great day when it comes.

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 19:56
we look forward to it :)

any one tried it?

give us your feelings etc

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 20:11
Puts hand up ive tryed it ! hehe. better in almost every way with the added *2 players and bit more speed makes it the best thing ive ever released so far.

but im baised on the matter and my wife and me now can have duals at games made it a lot more fun then be for. Seems most women like league bowling and puzzle bubble.. hehe

People want to play a great game TOP HUNTER IS fantasic and up to 15% faster in this release. Lot of other games are up to %5 faster as well.

I hope it was worth the wait for people. I was not going to release it to this site was back So every one in the scene could enjoy it.

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 20:16
league bowling is great :)

i need to get my bedroom sorted quickly and thrash the wife at bowling :P

Ian_micheal
May 17th, 2004, 20:23
heh mate I like windjammers to CDDA *works fine with it. menus Are a bit off just press start and fullspeed is yours.

Most games run aproxx fullspeed now im just not going to over state that till SFX is added and addapt and i can still get it to run like this with cd audio and SFX be a great day. Im going to have to learn sh4 chip and how to optimize it more, and maybe some people can do some tuts ON SH4 ASM im ready to learn it.

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 20:31
nice to see the scene moving forward and the help from the spanish Scene has been great too.

crono
May 18th, 2004, 01:06
Is it my imagination,or das the emu runs faster(like in metal slug 2) when you let it load the level and then remove the gamecd.???

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 01:20
thats something for people to report about thats for sure.

RandomFan
May 18th, 2004, 03:19
Only thing i've really noticed is the 2 player support.
Wish we could find out the CDDA sound problem

Ian_micheal
May 18th, 2004, 09:38
Yeah it's Up to 10% in real terms on every game. But i know people dont notice it most times. a lot have over it dcemu thou. ;D

pulstar is heaps faster CDDA works on few more games is the report over 12 have CDDA so Play them. Not like no games dont work with it.

It's geting there how i work on things will get there soon enff. ive had a new version iver 2 weeks with major steps.

Ian_micheal
May 18th, 2004, 10:25
Should of noticed how much easyer it was to use the controls now easyer to pull off moves then 6.5. Bios is enterable with functioning memory card management.

Lot of things are changed. *73 Build *coding fixes to get v7. Each one takes up to 5 mins to compile and 2 mins some times more to send. Just the donkey work.

Should of noticed the in game select pause button on the right trigger. and auto saving and loading.

Only change 2 player hmmmmmm?

Christuserloeser
May 18th, 2004, 18:59
@Wraggster: Download at NeoGeoCD Page here on DCEmu offers the source code - should be the plain files release, I guess ;)

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 19:22
sugar does it , whoops will sort it

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 19:32
fixed now :P

Christuserloeser
May 18th, 2004, 22:54
I'm gonna post that in staff forum next time *::)

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 22:56
no worrys atleast ive corrected it :D

Ian_micheal
May 19th, 2004, 01:04
Not wragggys fault first time on my site i mixed up the links he just did not check it lol

wraggster
May 19th, 2004, 19:43
i thought i clicked the right link ;D

Its ians fault ::)

lmao