PDA

View Full Version : GBA max limit

RandomFan
May 18th, 2004, 03:21
Whats the maximun limit of a rom that will fit on the DC version.

Would golden sun fit? I doubt anything bigger will golden sun is a odd size at 9mb which was like 128bit cart but not full.

WHurricane16
May 18th, 2004, 03:30
I don't know...this is what I was hoping wouldn't happen to an extent. *Maybe it's just me but this is going to reek of warez. *If anyone does warez, I really don't have a huge problem with it anymore but to keep things legit there are other ways to find answers to this sort of question. ;) *

I don't know, maybe it's just me. *I'll probably shut up on this sort of subject.

For those who will say I'm a hypocrite I'm not. I actually have a GBA in the house (Courtney's) but I have rarely touched it, and I have no need to buy or even download GBA games. They don't really interest me (unless it's Pokemon, darn it).

RandomFan
May 18th, 2004, 03:51
Its a technicall issue first off.
Secondly I have all the carts for the games I play.

all 3 castlevania's
both sonics
sword of mana
botkai
golden sun 1 & 2

fackue
May 18th, 2004, 04:14
Totally agree with Storminator.

No offense, RandomFan, but the fact that you're a new commer, and that you don't use proper puncuation, automatically pulls you down a little for the 'not taking such a serious approach' kind of way.

I don't know maybe that's just me, but don't say I didn't warn you. Like Storminator said, maybe it's best we keep all discussions of using commercial GBA games on this emulator away from the scene to keep it more... what's the word... unique?

I agree with what a lot of people have said with this emulator. Since there is such a huge GBA hombrew scene (which now that I think about it, seems to have died down a bit), we should keep the GBA and Dreamcast homebrew scenes together.

I'm sure GBA dev. forums don't allow discussions of downloading GBA games, so we should follow that same rule.

(EDIT: Maybe that was a little harsh on my part. Plus your grammer isn't all that bad. I was basing that on how you used your grammer on those game titles -- maybe I should shut up too.)

Offtopic - Wraggster, is it possible that you could change the colors of the links on the forums? It's kinda hard to see where links are when you're just browsing the forums :P. Actually, these are you forums, what the hell am I doing? Haha...

wraggster
May 18th, 2004, 07:19
the v2 forums are coming with better colours etc, it does my head in too :)

Ian_micheal
May 18th, 2004, 09:41
Awwwwwww i love the colours here blues are nice and dont hurt my eyes.

WHurricane16
May 18th, 2004, 11:24
Random Fan is no new comer. It's Cless ;)

Ian_micheal
May 18th, 2004, 11:27
How you know lol ;)

LyonHrt
May 18th, 2004, 13:22
Well staying on rom size limits, homebrew games are getting bigger, the yeti3d demo The Temple clocks in at 9meg, i doubt thats going to even load in the emu.

Darksaviour69
May 18th, 2004, 15:30
it is clessy, i check the ip with his old posts.
Wil,l how did u know it was him?

anyway clessy/RandomFan

you were given a temp Ban, that means you can not re-register. A email will be sent to u shortly explaining how long the Ban will be for.

your new name RandomFan will also be banned.

tinku
May 18th, 2004, 16:07
ROFL :D :D :D

I got banned from DC emulation for expressing a view that has been echoed in other forums since, But here we have a good English board much more mature and respects free speech to a degree.

Rock on good work wraggster on keeping this place so fresh with nfo

tinku ;)

Ian_micheal
May 18th, 2004, 16:27
ROFL * *:D :D :D

I got banned from DC emulation for expressing a view that has been echoed in other forums since, But here we have a good English board much more mature and respects free speech to a degree.

Rock on good work wraggster on keeping this place so fresh with nfo

tinku * * ;)

you were alos banned from my forum if you say the type of stuff there as here you will get ban also no doubt thats why you were ban at dcemulation

I watch this person !

smiles
May 18th, 2004, 16:45
it is clessy, i check the *ip with his old posts.

That's not a very accurate way to tell. I work at a place where many people on different shifts use the same PC with the same IP address. It doesn't indicate the same person is always on that PC.

I'm not trying to support people who get banned but that's an inaccurate way to tell who someone is.

Darksaviour69
May 18th, 2004, 16:54
yes that is true, but how what are the chances that cless being ban and the some other guy uses the same computer to register at this forum!

GPF
May 18th, 2004, 16:55
Well staying on rom size limits, homebrew games are getting bigger, the yeti3d demo The Temple clocks in at 9meg, i doubt thats going to even load in the emu.

I have to try those out, Ill see if I can download them tonight and try them out, unless Ian or Wragster get a chance first.

Troy

tinku
May 18th, 2004, 18:27
Ian_micheal:

Were not refering to the T shirts are we? ROFLMAO

keep watching rofl!!!!

banned from your forum ??? i only visited it once and thought absolutly nothing of it, i never realised i was banned. hahahaha!!!!!

sad man

tinku ;D

Ian_micheal
May 19th, 2004, 01:08
Hmm no maybe some one used your account??

WHurricane16
May 19th, 2004, 03:21
I didn't know he was banned. Sorry, Cless I didn't mean to get you into trouble.

He registered on Storm-Studios as RandomFan and PM'd me about something. That was the reason why I knew it was him. I didn't know he was banned, I think he's really trying to change his image somewhat, that's why he registered a new nick.