PDA

View Full Version : Possible Unbrick Solution! *DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP*

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 04:09
IMPORTANT READ!

my psp is bricked. one of the reasons that u cannot unbrick a psp, is that you cant acsess the usb to install anything on it, but i think i found a way. when you turn my psp on, the backlight comes on, but the screen is blank, then it cuts off after about 20 seconds. but i noticed that my memory stick is being acsessed because the light is blinking. there are things that hook up to your computer that you can put your memory stick/ sd / compact flash into. i have one. so if you can put a file on the memory stick from that, that will run a program or install something when acsessed, u can maybe unbrick your psp!

I MADE THIS POST A LOOONNNGGG TIME AGO WHEN I WAS A N00B!

yaustar
August 7th, 2006, 04:16
I believe it is just caching what is on the memory card. You also have to take into account that if the PSP is truely bricked, then there is no 'OS' to run the software. It be trying to install a program on a PC with no OS installed.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 04:23
is it possible to install an os, or a recovery program?

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 04:30
There is recovery mode on custom firmware but you have to have it already installed.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 04:33
there are ppl who create viruses that automatically open...ive had one... if we can get something to automatically open when the mem stick is acsessed, and install something, then can something happen???

yaustar
August 7th, 2006, 04:53
No because if the PSP is bricked, then there is nothing to run on and this is still taking the assumption that programs can auto run off the Memory stick.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 05:11
oh, ok

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 05:13
but i thought it was bricked because if a corrupted os, or no os

yaustar
August 7th, 2006, 05:37
Precisely, that means there is nothing for anything to run on to execute code except for direct hardware access (eg JTAG)

shiftybill
August 7th, 2006, 06:00
mod chip time

NoQuarter
August 7th, 2006, 07:37
Yep,but if you go the modchipping route make sure to check out psphacking101 episode 18.Might be easier to trade it in somewhere.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 18:20
no modchip yet...i have a warrenty, so sony's giving me a new one. i just want to see if there was a way to getting around of waiting a month for a new one. but im putting UP on my new one.

BL4Z3D247
August 7th, 2006, 18:37
i thought messing with the flash voids the warrenty? well anyways good luck :D

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 7th, 2006, 21:44
but the thing is...im not telling them i messed with the flash :D perhaps..maybe..an update gone wronge or something..

mannyman789
August 9th, 2006, 03:38
nah b i unbricked my psp dude. i dont know what the hell happened. listen i had 2.71 and i tried to do that e loader crap and i... well... i dont think the e loader downgrader bricked it, i had the psp ac adapter hooked up to the way end of the room, and it came out with my battery. i turned it back on and BRICK!!! i forced it back off and back on and i had 1.5 running i dont know. i am not a genuis. i had retried this and it worked again. i am not a expert. i didnt even know how to update sony's firmware. oh well i dont know what happened. and 4 the record when i bricked it, there was no mem stick inside so i was like what eva and not i got 2 firmwares. its not impossible, just VERY unlikely.

razorak
August 9th, 2006, 04:16
what u're saying sounds very fishy manny...

NoQuarter
August 9th, 2006, 04:55
Mannyman789,So how were you using eloader with no memory stick in.I dont particularly believe your story,not saying it's not true I just don't believe it.Actually now that I think about it that is impossible,there's no way to downgrade or install any firmware for that matter without a memory stick in!Unless you update from a disk.Sounds more like a devhook dualboot with an attempt to use eloader while emulating 2.71.

mannyman789
August 10th, 2006, 18:13
no first of all i had a 1.00 firmware( i got the psp when it first canme out. i kept upgrading becuase i didnt know about homebrew. when i found out, i tried to do the downgrade and it bricked it. so i tried to unbrick it for a LONG time and then i gave up and sold my mem stick.(i had 2gb) then one day, my friend unbricked it and it was 2.6. i sussecfully did a downgrader with eloader to 1.5 and ran dev hook.(so i did not have ta 082 mobo) if you dont believe me, i have a video of my friend unbricking my psp. http://www.geocities.com/mannyman7899/mcexploit.htm right click UNBRICK PSP and click save as target. IM NOT LYING SEE 4 URSELF!!!

Apoklepz
August 10th, 2006, 18:26
There's nothing there, man...all I get is a stupid chime sound, but no message window when I try to save target as...Just how did your friend "unbrick" your PSP without a modchip?

Also...first you said you had a 2.71 and now you say you had a 1.00? Why should we believe all this talk about your friend unbricking your PSP?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 10th, 2006, 19:58
it doesnt work, and if ur gonna lie, do it right

DPyro
August 10th, 2006, 20:07
<A HREF="c:/mcexploit.rar">DO NOT UNDER NY CIRCUMSTANCES CLICK THIS UNLESS INSTRUCTED THIS IS MC EXPLOIT</A>

<A HREF="C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\New Folder\MVI0240.AVI">PSP UNBRICKER</A>

You kinda have to upload your video buddy...and then link to it right.....

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 10th, 2006, 20:09
what???

suncomp
October 29th, 2006, 16:06
how do i unbrick my psp using recovery mode?

splodger15
October 29th, 2006, 16:48
how do i unbrick my psp using recovery mode?

What firmware are you running

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 29th, 2006, 18:49
talk about a ressurection!

JMastuh300
October 31st, 2006, 22:13
no modchip yet...i have a warrenty, so sony's giving me a new one. i just want to see if there was a way to getting around of waiting a month for a new one. but im putting UP on my new one.

Is that covered by the waranty, or did you not mention that you bricked it?:D

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 31st, 2006, 22:20
i got my new one about a month ago, i just told them that it cut off during an upgrade, the dumbasses believed me. i should have sent in a list of great homebrew games along with my psp. lol

JMastuh300
October 31st, 2006, 22:34
Lol

mavsman4457
October 31st, 2006, 22:35
But was it a TA-082?

cartmandude14
November 2nd, 2006, 18:48
someone needs to figure out how to make a device that can write DIRECTLY to the psps internal flash.. like wire up an adapter connecting the mobo to a p through usb. then u could make a dump off a working 1.5 and copy it to the flash.

robbiesty
November 2nd, 2006, 19:01
tjfjfjfj:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: hi im aas

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 2nd, 2006, 22:07
someone needs to figure out how to make a device that can write DIRECTLY to the psps internal flash.. like wire up an adapter connecting the mobo to a p through usb. then u could make a dump off a working 1.5 and copy it to the flash.

that would be good...jesus, talk about being obsessed, i had a dream about getting a 1.5

unstoppable_96
November 3rd, 2006, 22:03
how does a psp get bricked any way is it from downgrading??

weirdelf
November 3rd, 2006, 22:41
how does a psp get bricked any way is it from downgrading??

If you use anything that messes with the flash there is a small chance of a brick

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 22:46
if the memory stick blicks when you turn on the psp, it is NOT A BRICK. try flipping your wlan switch or turning hte psp on and turning it to hold immediatly.

your psp is trying to load something off the ms that it thinks should be there.

again

IF IT IS A BRICK, THERE IS NO BLINK.

there is an EEPROM chip writer, tho its about $1000 usd if i recall correctly.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 4th, 2006, 02:14
it had to have been a brick. i was downgrading my 2.6, and when i started it, the screen turned black, and the mem stick was blinking, like it was supposed to. but after a long time, it didnt stop, so i took out the battery. when i turned it on, the screen just turned blank, and the mem stick light was flashing. come to think of it, probably should have givin it more time....

kando
November 4th, 2006, 02:28
dang :(
unfortunatly i think sony gonna give u a 2.80 =(

let us know what happens ><

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 4th, 2006, 02:30
they already did. ive already recieved a new one, but it doesnt have a cursed mobo

kando
November 4th, 2006, 02:38
they already did. ive already recieved a new one, but it doesnt have a cursed mobo

2.80?

shadow786
November 4th, 2006, 16:05
my psp ms light flashes and got a black light i don't know wot its can sum1 help me

i did it by using x-flash 15g i clicked restore after it restored it said sum files were missing den my psp froz

i hav a 1.50 psp
sum1 plz
help

Shrygue
November 4th, 2006, 16:15
my psp ms light flashes and got a black light i don't know wot its can sum1 help me

i did it by using x-flash 15g i clicked restore after it restored it said sum files were missing den my psp froz

i hav a 1.50 psp
sum1 plz
help

What, does your PSP not load to the XMB?

shadow786
November 4th, 2006, 16:54
No
Just A Black Screen And The Ms Light Flashes

AvengedSevenfold Fan
November 4th, 2006, 20:17

happyface
November 13th, 2006, 08:22
Note: Plugging in an adapter during a 2.71 se firmware downgrade back to 1.50 causes bricks

:(

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 13th, 2006, 12:17
when a psp boots up does it rely purely on the flash memory and no other source. Can the flash memory of a psp be considered the same thing as a regular pc's bios chip? If so then u could actually unbrick the psp with a way of forcing it to boot from something other then the flash itself ie. the memstick, because u can fix ur computers bio's if it gets messed up during a firmware upgrade by means of a floppy drive. Its just a thought. I know theres away around the psp booting from the flash.

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 13:11
No, there is no way of getting it to boot from anything else, it relies solely on the NAND flash. It is like a PC's bios, and the operating system in one... So as you can imagine, a corrupted or incompatible flash is rather fatal.

Cloudy

C0R3F1GHT3R
November 13th, 2006, 13:13
but a corrupted pc bios can be fixed by means of a floppy drive.

Anger
November 13th, 2006, 14:18
umm no. a graphics card bios can with a floppy set to auto boot but a pc bios cannot (unless you get one of those fancy dual bios - which is like the modchip on the psp).
with a faulty pc bios there are 2 options:
1. a hot swap (swapping good bios for faulty to flash it while machine is on) - not possible on a psp as the chip cant be removed.
2. total replacement of the bios chip - again not possible on a psp however the modchip is close to this idea.
now sony is reportedly able to reflash a psp through the com port however noone actually knows if this is true or even how it could be done.
cloudhunter is exactly right - a pc without a bios is useless in the same way as a psp is without the firmware files it needs to boot.

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 16:49
but a corrupted pc bios can be fixed by means of a floppy drive.

Yeah, on some PC's, very rare though...

When you are bricked fully though, the drivers aren't even loaded to run the firmware, so you cant run off the NAND and it doesn't even LOOK at the memory stick for its information...

Cloudy

splodger15
November 13th, 2006, 17:17
nah b i unbricked my psp dude. i dont know what the hell happened. listen i had 2.71 and i tried to do that e loader crap and i... well... i dont think the e loader downgrader bricked it, i had the psp ac adapter hooked up to the way end of the room, and it came out with my battery. i turned it back on and BRICK!!! i forced it back off and back on and i had 1.5 running i dont know. i am not a genuis. i had retried this and it worked again. i am not a expert. i didnt even know how to update sony's firmware. oh well i dont know what happened. and 4 the record when i bricked it, there was no mem stick inside so i was like what eva and not i got 2 firmwares. its not impossible, just VERY unlikely.

Fake

Cloudhunter
November 13th, 2006, 17:31
Fake

No Sh*t...

barrasco
November 19th, 2006, 21:37
if i bricked my psp during the guarante, sony give me another?? thanks

mgcrol
June 16th, 2007, 21:21
hey guys, hope someone can check my situation:

i had 3.10 OE-A and i tried to update to 3.30 OE, i did it with no problems, i had in 3.10 OE the usb files for loading my games via usb, i tried put them back in the flash0 folder and when i restarted, it didnt whant to boot, sow i got my memory stick, put the recovery folder in the game folder with the file that you create with the 2 firmwares, i think is the DXAR files (correct me if im wrong) the thing is that i could boot my psp so i had no chance to make the files, but i had a copy of the file, and i forgot if this files was already open for writing or not, i took my chances and use the recovery mode to tried to re-flash again, but unffortunaly it gave me the error that the file was already open and it shutdown. I saw on page 4 of this thread something that if the back light of the psp is on and the memory stick flashes or blinks, it maybe a chance to recover my psp ? i had an idea, if i put back a good DXAR file and the psp starts reading from it, someone said maybe the psp is trying to still read a missing file from the ms, dont know if is posible because what u said, there maybe no OS to install the files, but i want to clear my doubts. any suggestions besides SONY will be good, thanks!!

splodger15
June 16th, 2007, 21:48
****ing Hell talk about bring back an old thread

Anger
June 16th, 2007, 22:11
ok lets put this simply seeing as its already been brought back from the dead.
if the screen lights up AND the memory stick light flashes AND it has a custom firmware on it you CAN recover it by using recovery mode. then you just need to get the dxar file and the installer and run it directly from recovery mode. (read the insturctions that came with the custom firmware - thats what there for)
under ANY other circumstances, except modchip and sony, you cannot unbrick a psp.
some mod please feel free to lock this old thread.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
June 17th, 2007, 05:17
this was like the first thread i ever made when i was a complete noob. and why would you need to lock it?

splodger15
June 17th, 2007, 10:54
As it would stop it people bringing it up in the future

Anger
June 17th, 2007, 10:54
because the thread is nearly 1 year old. and also the questions have been answered ages ago, except the new one just added.

Sonicboy 101
June 17th, 2007, 13:41
hey guys, hope someone can check my situation:

i had 3.10 OE-A and i tried to update to 3.30 OE, i did it with no problems, i had in 3.10 OE the usb files for loading my games via usb, i tried put them back in the flash0 folder and when i restarted, it didnt whant to boot, sow i got my memory stick, put the recovery folder in the game folder with the file that you create with the 2 firmwares, i think is the DXAR files (correct me if im wrong) the thing is that i could boot my psp so i had no chance to make the files, but i had a copy of the file, and i forgot if this files was already open for writing or not, i took my chances and use the recovery mode to tried to re-flash again, but unffortunaly it gave me the error that the file was already open and it shutdown. I saw on page 4 of this thread something that if the back light of the psp is on and the memory stick flashes or blinks, it maybe a chance to recover my psp ? i had an idea, if i put back a good DXAR file and the psp starts reading from it, someone said maybe the psp is trying to still read a missing file from the ms, dont know if is posible because what u said, there maybe no OS to install the files, but i want to clear my doubts. any suggestions besides SONY will be good, thanks!!

Why'd you bump such an old thread?

xcjzerox
June 17th, 2007, 15:16
IMPORTANT READ!

my psp is bricked. one of the reasons that u cannot unbrick a psp, is that you cant acsess the usb to install anything on it, but i think i found a way. when you turn my psp on, the backlight comes on, but the screen is blank, then it cuts off after about 20 seconds. but i noticed that my memory stick is being acsessed because the light is blinking. there are things that hook up to your computer that you can put your memory stick/ sd / compact flash into. i have one. so if you can put a file on the memory stick from that, that will run a program or install something when acsessed, u can maybe unbrick your psp!

NOTE:

IF THIS IS A COMPLETLY STUPID IDEA, PLEASE DONT RUB IT IN. ALSO, JUST BECAUSE MY PROFILE SAYS NEWBIE, DOESNT MEAN I AM A NEWBIE TO PSP HOMEBREW ECT.

I MADE THIS POST A LOOONNNGGG TIME AGO WHEN I WAS A N00B!

AvengedSevenfold Fan good idea hope someone hears you up there...

acn010
June 17th, 2007, 15:46
new information on unbricking a psp is sonn to come ;)

xcjzerox
June 17th, 2007, 15:57
hey ac0n could you help me with something sorry for spaming you're thread but could you get online please i need help with something..

acn010
June 17th, 2007, 16:00
uhhhhhhhhhh. sure... where... msn or aim????

xcjzerox
June 17th, 2007, 16:13
uhhhhhhhhhh. sure... where... msn or aim????

msn

Jahavad
December 12th, 2007, 05:06
i bricked mine, no warranty, no coustom firmware, I'm screwed right.
(there's a guy in Niagra falls who can deal with these)

JPJunkie
December 12th, 2007, 13:43
Do you no how old this thread is?

Try Pandora's battery on google...

ExcruciationX
December 13th, 2007, 03:13
Pandora's battery my friend. But, how can you brick on official firmware?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
December 16th, 2007, 17:15
wow. this was my first thread from when i joined over a year ago when i was a noob. it keeps popping back up at random times.

bah
December 16th, 2007, 18:15
Pandora's battery my friend. But, how can you brick on official firmware?

You can brick 1.0 or 1.5 if you try hard enough.

Safari Al
December 16th, 2007, 18:36
or you can brick by taking the battery out while updating

sid.1
March 22nd, 2008, 15:32
so where's the files?

acn010
March 22nd, 2008, 15:43
its OLD man... now theres the pandora battery...
try it

AvengedSevenfold Fan
March 22nd, 2008, 17:24
once again, the ancient over year old thread that i made when i first joined has been ressurected lol.

acn010
March 22nd, 2008, 18:27
i know... people dont notice the dates that were posted