PDA

View Full Version : gba emulators for 2.80

froggie22
August 7th, 2006, 14:29
When do you think there is gonna be a gba emulator for v2.80 fw on psp that works without using the GTA booter?

jwilds73
August 7th, 2006, 14:56
Considering nothing works without GTA boot method for 2.00 through 2.60 I'd say never. The most recen't development for the 2.00 to 2.60 OS's were the downgraders. Fanjita has been said to be working on a non GTA boot method for 2.00 to 2.60. However I haven't heard of anything for 2.70+. So I would say your not going to see anything for 6 months or more. Your only current hope is the mod chip's that are being made and one is supposed to support the newer TA boards soon.

michael_dack_2005
August 7th, 2006, 16:34
i just gotta feelin dat sony av done 2 good of a job with firmware 2.7 and rising for anyone to get past, i feel that 2.6 will be the highest homebrew will ever get

i feelthis because there is not an unlimited amount of exploits in the psp. sony must have thouroly checked after the GTA exploit and maybe, just maybe they have filled all of the holes

(but y didnt they do tht in the first place)

MikeMcG
August 9th, 2006, 04:57
The odds are pretty good that there are a couple of holes in the 2.7x firmwares. Even if they add to the firmware they're bound to make another mistake that'll give people like Nem and Dark Alex material to work with.