PDA

View Full Version : Saturn xbox emu?

Mental2k
August 7th, 2006, 14:48
I've been out of the lop for a while but now find i have a hankering for some saturn lovelyness, so i was wondering is there a saturn emu for the xbox? man i'd love that. I loved the saturn so very much.

Darksaviour69
August 7th, 2006, 15:01
na, not going to happen

Mental2k
August 7th, 2006, 16:40
ach well, what can one do. maybe 360 will hold the key in the future.

SmashinGit
August 8th, 2006, 00:20
There's a Saturn emulator for the pc. You do need a monster pc to run it though. You also need your original Saturn cd's to play with it. Sega Rally plays excellent on it. Check it out here,

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28594&highlight=saturn+emulator

mccloud
August 21st, 2006, 16:22
nope doupt it would happen, sega saturn wasnt that popular so it wouldnt be worth trying to make an emulator for it on the xbox

Some Dude
December 27th, 2006, 06:34
how about a Cassini, or Yabause port for the 360

Elven6
December 28th, 2006, 23:16
nope doupt it would happen, sega saturn wasnt that popular so it wouldnt be worth trying to make an emulator for it on the xbox

Wasen't that popular? It was popular, in its small regin it sold over 10 million consoles which isn't that bad compared to today's standards. It had a high price and was the first dual core system.

JKKDARK
December 29th, 2006, 00:16

Grow up, man. And play Nights, because you don't have idea about what are you talking.

MasterChafed
December 29th, 2006, 15:34

The Saturn ruled!!! That isn't the reason there isn't an emu for the xbox, the reason is, is that the saturn is just too high spec of a machine to even try to be run on an xbox. Hell, the specs of the xbox are that of a fairly old computer.

darthblingbling
April 14th, 2007, 22:47
Wrong, the Jaguar was dual core. Also I believe that the Saturn had 3 cores?

Wasen't that popular? It was popular, in its small regin it sold over 10 million consoles which isn't that bad compared to today's standards. It had a high price and was the first dual core system.

JKKDARK
April 14th, 2007, 23:10
Also I believe that the Saturn had 3 cores?

8 :o

Nemo2006X
April 15th, 2007, 02:44
It would be nice to see, the kind of performance we could get out of a Yabuse port to the xbox.

I mean, Yabuse was ported to the Dreamcast.. :)

Maturion
October 6th, 2007, 19:33
What about Yabause for the Dreamcast? The DC is a lot less powerfull than the Xbox. I don't know if this really works but if it does, it will definitly work on the Xbox.

I don't know much about the Saturn, so I don't know what kind of cpu it had. I did never have one. :)

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 19:38
What about Yabause for the Dreamcast? The DC is a lot less powerfull than the Xbox. I don't know if this really works but if it does, it will definitly work on the Xbox.

I don't know much about the Saturn, so I don't know what kind of cpu it had. I did never have one. :)

ask BlueCrab

blueshogun96
October 12th, 2007, 06:30

Xbox can't run a DC emulator, just like it can't run a saturn emulator, or even a GC emu. The reason is that a system usually needs about 10 times the power of the emulated system to emulate it properly (in software).

btw, jkk, did you ever meet Maturion in person? ;)

Christuserloeser
October 12th, 2007, 11:46
A plain port of Yabause to Xbox would certainly run faster than the current (unoptimized) Dreamcast version. However, the Dreamcast version can be optimized a lot as the Dreamcast is using a similar (virually the same) CPU as the two main Saturn CPUs; while the Xbox version would be stuck on a certain level where there's no improvement possible anymore and the emulator still would not be anywhere near full speed.