PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Asks - Which Current Console Do You Like Best?

wraggster
June 24th, 2010, 22:52
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/images/logo.gif

Hi all we are all mostly gaming fans so heres DCEmus way of asking you the DCEmu visitors questions concering the Gaming scene.

Todays Question is Which Current Console Do You Like Best?

Give your Answer via Comments.

More DCEmu asks in the Off Topic Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

symbal
June 24th, 2010, 23:03
Forget all the technically better crap Ps3 owners will spout because the fact is the 360 has more games (new and used), bigger userbase and a controller that's actually comfortable in my hand which has evolved over the years, unlike Sony which has never changed in 15 years and gets very cramped and sweaty for me, if Sony can get these problems sorted i'll happily jump ship to their better hardware but right now no.

turnerl
June 24th, 2010, 23:26
Dreamcast, opps

curent gen would be my ps3 only for the fact that it has Drakes Uncharted series, which is my fav all time next to Shenmue serices & RE4 (Cube).

JDvorak
June 24th, 2010, 23:30
Dreamcast isn't current generation but I'll have to agree I was playing Toy Story 2 on Dreamcast this morning and it rocks. I hate my Wii but loved the Gamecube!

mike_jmg
June 25th, 2010, 00:15
I don't really want to admit it but Microsoft is wining, the best console I have right now is my Xbox 360.

Sony let go from all of my favorite PS2 exclusives, no good exclusives = no good console.

El Stefio
June 25th, 2010, 02:31
PS3 - it's technically better :P

Seriously though - a "more games" argument? You should have said Wii...

symbal
June 25th, 2010, 03:14
Yes but the Ps3 and 360 are direct competitors and the Wii is over there in it's own casual category, so it means nothing that Wii sells more games against others.

watupgroupie
June 25th, 2010, 03:26
I think we can all agree on the amount of shovelware on the Wii is very high.

mike_jmg
June 25th, 2010, 05:35
PS3 - it's technically better :P

Seriously though - a "more games" argument? You should have said Wii...

The Wii it's just a redesigned Gamecube with controls ment for little children and people who had never played a videogame in their life.

but OK point taken

The first Xbox and the Gamecube were technically better than the PS2, but the PS2 was my favorite because it had the best games.

Prove, the thing is still selling

idapimp
June 25th, 2010, 07:16
i love my wii. the wii is badass as far as fun factor goes when buying 1st party games. unfortunately to get the good games you are going to have to sift though a LOT of garbage. but i have all 3 systems and love each one respectively. i like my 360 for xbox live, and i like the ps3 for its exclusive titles.

jayety
June 25th, 2010, 10:39
Xbox 360 for me. Even though i'm on to my 2nd one now. Crap quality but great afforadable console. PS3 might be technically better, but that doesn't make it better. I remember buying 3 PS1's during it's life time. It had It's own teething problems too, but that didn't mean it wasn't a great console. I sold my Wii cause of the rubbish games around now. I was impressed with the original lineup of games, but seriously, besides mario galaxy 2, what other games are worth buying for it?

inz002
June 25th, 2010, 13:59
PSP, nobody said I can't name Handheld Consoles :x
<3 My PSP

VampDude
June 25th, 2010, 14:14
PlayStation 3... Because it's the only console I currently play, although owning a Wii and 360.

phsychokill
June 25th, 2010, 16:17
I would say PC, but since you want a console it has to be the PS3, you can argue the 360 has more games all you want but a lot of them are junk, the 360 exclusives aint really anything special, halo series = another generic shooter, forza and PGR are poor even compared to the need for speed games, fable the RPG game were every1 wins because people don't like to lose.

the PS3 may of lost some of it's exclusives but it's not the exclusives that make the console, all it proves is that MS is more willing to buy peoples opinions. all the 360 exclusives are there because MS bought them the majority of PS3 exclusives are there because the dev's needed/wanted the PS3 hardware.

as for any1 stating live is a reason to get a 360, I see it more as a reason not to get one (I pretty much never use my 360 as I refuse to be held to ransom just to play online) that is before taking into account MMO firms pulling out of the 360 due to the closed nature of live (Square being the latest one not to develop FF14 for the 360 as they want one server for every1 and MS wont allow it) you also have firms such as the BBC who offer a free service online that has to remain free having to stop developing their service for the 360 due to MS wanting to make it part of the gold subscription

the fact is the xbox's are money cows they always have been, MS makes all the hardware proprietary so no third party can under cut them allowing them to gouge the user with over priced components.

this is why people can argue price all they want but to get a 360 and PS3 both to the same memory and able support 4 players the 360 would cost more buy the time you bought the MS hard drive, the 3 controllers and 4 battery packs. that is before adding in the price of live for every year you own the console, at least when Sony have brought out there subscription service you are getting something for your money.

Veskgar
June 25th, 2010, 18:03
I have all 3 and I'd have to say the PS3 is my favorite. However, between Halo and Call of Duty, I play my 360 Elite more than anything else.

TazMan47
June 25th, 2010, 20:01
I no that the Dreamcast isn't current but, the current consoles in my opinion can't hold a candle to it!! Ok, if I have to pick a current console I think I would have to choose the PS3. I just hate having to pay $50 to $60 dollars a game.

zxxxy18
June 26th, 2010, 19:32
Handled consoles counted in?? than PANDORA!!! If no, then ps3, because with wii you have to do jumpy jumpy stuff with the controller, with 360 there's fee to paly games online!! well 360 has halo, but....

WhizzBang
June 27th, 2010, 19:09
I like Wii the best too. I have a XBox 360 but do not use it much, although I do intend to get back to Half Life 2 on it some day.