PDA

View Full Version : Recordable Mini-DVD's

bloodyskies
May 31st, 2004, 14:32
does anyone know if it's possible to buy recordable mini-DVD's to burn GC homebrew onto, so it can be loaded without the PSO/BBA exploit via a PC server?

wraggster
May 31st, 2004, 15:12
Its not possible at all, Nintendo did a great job of stopping piracy, its a shame we cant do homebrew easily but there you go.

bloodyskies
May 31st, 2004, 21:22
it's a shame it's not possible to burn homebrew for use on the GC, but the quality of their anti-piracy work is part of the reason, I suspect, for the gamecube not being one of the major contenders for the current console crown (look at the PS2 and XBOX) still, the dreamcast proves that having a console being too easy to develop for can cause an untimely death of a system.

Christuserloeser
June 2nd, 2004, 06:59
The GC games are so great :)

You might be correct with the fact that successful systems use common media that could be copied...

Not too bad to have good copy protection, reminds me of those good old 16Bit days...

No use for hundred games no one plays instead of two or three really great games you keep playin for months!

Eric
June 2nd, 2004, 07:19
Now i am not sure if this post will lock this but somebody has made a program for your pc if you have broadband for the GC that you connect to the PC and play your downloaded games for like that the program i think is called Phoenix now it could be illegal and if so delete this post right away i do not promote copyrighted software

Eric
June 2nd, 2004, 07:20
Okay i am retarded sorry i didn't look at the first post delete my reply its dumb