PDA

View Full Version : need help with buying memory stick

l1nknp4rk00
August 8th, 2006, 03:10
im trying to buy a 4 gb memory stick and wasnt sure if i could buy any 4 gb stick. cause ive seen the actual gaming 4 gb sticks, and there red, but the memory stick pro duo 4 gb one by sandisk is light blue and cheaper, will this one work on the psp?? if it does do i just have to format it using the format memory stick option in the psp menu? thx

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 8th, 2006, 03:20
no, any memory stick duo of any brand will work

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 8th, 2006, 03:21
but watch out for fake ones on ebay!

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 8th, 2006, 03:21
linkin park is awesome

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 8th, 2006, 03:23
you dont need to format

SSaxdude
August 8th, 2006, 04:34
I have a fake 2 gb and it works fine.

ptr.exe
August 8th, 2006, 18:17
psp_iz_my_system you posted four times in a row! There is an edit button you know.

Video_freak
August 8th, 2006, 18:19
psp_iz_my_system you posted four times in a row! There is an edit button you know.
ya seriously! anyways, any memory stick (pro) duo will work. the fake ones work (most of the time :rolleyes: ), but you have to be really careful with them

btw, your dreamcast is freakin sweet ptr.exe :eek:

Stejefferies
August 8th, 2006, 23:33
i read a review somewhere that the sandisk drives are faster than the sony high performance ones.... not had a problem with my sandisk 2gb.... im gonna wait till they release the 8gb.

will psps support them? i assume they will as they dont really have to do much with the processing of the file system as it is dos based architecture, they just read the data... if they dont support 8gb i can see a v4 firmware coming out ¬_¬.

l1nknp4rk00
August 10th, 2006, 00:27
does it matter that some memory sticks are smaller than normal? wil they still work

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 00:29
all memory stick duos should be the same size. i dont think it will work if its smaller :confused: