PDA

View Full Version : Invalid PBP file problem

yobusta
August 8th, 2006, 05:50
I have been having problems with getting emus on my psp. I use seipsptool and when ever i try to get an emu on to my psp it says invalid pbp file. the only emu that works is the genesis one that came with it.

jwilds73
August 8th, 2006, 07:20
Your using the wrong eboot file. You need to use the one in the other folder. You have two folders one name% and one just name. Use the one in the name folder to convert not the one in the % folder. The reason you can convert the genesis one with easy is that it's a 1.0 Eboot and only has one file it creates the one in the % folder and the one in the non % folder for you when you export them to you 1.50 psp.

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 09:33
You could just use custom firmware and eliminate the need for sei conversion

yobusta
August 8th, 2006, 12:49
Your using the wrong eboot file. You need to use the one in the other folder. You have two folders one name% and one just name. Use the one in the name folder to convert not the one in the % folder. The reason you can convert the genesis one with easy is that it's a 1.0 Eboot and only has one file it creates the one in the % folder and the one in the non % folder for you when you export them to you 1.50 psp.

Can you explain this a little better for me because i do use the one in the non% folder when i click generate.

jwilds73
August 8th, 2006, 15:01
Ok then it sounds like your problem is Sei PSP Tool. It will not work with some eboots. Try using Kxploit to convert and import your files to your psp. If it's not however here is a pic of the 1.50 eboot setup.
Again it may simply be Sei PSP Tool refusing to work with the eboot. If that is the case you can't customize it or export it with Sei PSP Tool. Tell us exactly what program your trying to export and what version it is to please. Then I can try it and tell you if Sei PSP Tool doesn't work for me either.

yobusta
August 8th, 2006, 15:35
I am trying to get pspvba the one here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31097 and when i use sei psp tool and select fw1.5 as the folder to conver is says there is no eboot file.

Also i have problems with mame4allpsp.

jwilds73
August 8th, 2006, 18:45
Have you simply tried dragging and dropping them onto you memory stick without using Sei PSP Tool? for PSPVBA just drop both folders in you psp/game folder and run it. Do the same for Mame4all. Anyway's some eboots don't want to be edited for some reason meaning Sei PSP Tool won't work and you can't add or change the icon, pic and sound. Anyway's just drop them right onto your memory stick they will work. Then browse your memory stick and change the folders to mame4all to
%_SCE_mame4all and _SCE_mame4all. This will hide the corrupt data icon's for you.

yobusta
August 8th, 2006, 19:20
i got it working now. I am just having problems with roms for mame4allpsp. Some roms dont show up when i access the program and some of the ones that show up are unable to load. I have only got dinosaurs and cadillacs and 1941 to work.

jwilds73
August 8th, 2006, 21:05
Ok you need to do alittle research yourself however Acidburn05 has posted some useful files in this threadhttp://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27399&highlight=mame4all http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=139883&postcount=54 Read through the thread see what you can learn. There is alot you might need to do to get some mame roms working such as verifying the roms themselves.