PDA

View Full Version : Brand new PSP 2.60 need help =(

aaron655
August 8th, 2006, 07:52
Hi there,

Okay, I’ve just purchased a brand new PSP and it looks like it’s running a 2.60 firmware.

I’m trying my hardest to run the eLoader and so far I have had little success…

I’ve seen pretty much all the forum topics and video – but still, I have no idea why it’s not working.

Ok, let me get the ball rolling…

Basically, I want to run my backed up “Valkyrie Profile Lenneth” PSP game.

I’ve gone out today to purchase GTA: LCS

It looks like this one
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/6167/gta4le.th.jpg

I’m pretty sure that is the unpatched version.

Next I went to download the Bock eLoader. I’ve tried both the beta and the latest one which is ‘eloader097.exe.’.
I initiated the setup with my USB cable and it automatically installed all the appropriate files onto my PSP.

I proceeded to load up GTA:LCS via the PSP menu>Games>UMD, and straight after it finishes loaded up the game, it advances to bring me to the eLoader screen.

Now this is where the problem is…

The eLoader screen just halts for roughly about 20 seconds before my whole PSP shuts down. I don’t get to select anything or initiate any commands. It just freezes.

I restart my PSP with the power off button, and after I try again, it is still the same problem. I have also tried the beta eLoader and it is still the same problem.

I have tried this many many times and I haven’t encountered success at all.

Would you people know why?

Also, where should I be placing my extracted ISO game on my memory stick?
I just unzip the .iso file, and place all the contents in the “GAME” folder of my memory stick right?

Thanks for the help!

BL4Z3D247
August 8th, 2006, 08:05
well first off talk about ISOs are against the site's rules, second u can only run emus and some homebrew with the eloader, the reason ur psp is just crashing is cuz theres no emu or homebrew game in ur GAME folder...so just get an emu or homebrew and throw it in the GAME folder, make sure its the 1.0 download

OR

if u don't have a TA-082 motherboard u can downgrade to 1.5, if u have no idea what i'm talkin about then it might not be wise but let me know if u know for sure its NOT a TA-082 motherboard

michael_dack_2005
August 8th, 2006, 08:08
only certain homebrew can be played using the eloader. there are 2 different types of homebew. User and Kernal i think. the eloader can only play User games, so the best games like IR Shell are unable to play at the moment.

0okm is hard at work tho at the moment

aaron655
August 8th, 2006, 08:31
the reason ur psp is just crashing is cuz theres no emu or homebrew game in ur GAME folder...so just get an emu or homebrew and throw it in the GAME folder, make sure its the 1.0 download

thanks for replying!

okay, say for Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, which is a reletively new game. How exactly would I run it? Do I need another loader for it? Where would I put it? Do I extract from the ISO file onto the root dir of the memory stick?

btw, this is a backed up copy

NoQuarter
August 8th, 2006, 09:19
Backed up or not, no iso talk.Keep it limited to homebrew programs
Try running a nice emulator or something

SSaxdude
August 8th, 2006, 13:04
I find it really funny that the Nintendo DS section of this site promotes backups of your own games while the PSP site is against it in all ways. And add to the fact that running backups on the PSP is much more convinent.

If you have a 2.6, which isn't a TA-082 motherboard, I highly suggest you downgrade to 1.5. At 1.5 you can run all hacking/homebrew.

motz
August 8th, 2006, 13:59
Sorry, ISO talk is not allowed. Closed