PDA

View Full Version : what are roms

eazy-e
August 8th, 2006, 18:33
wht are roms how do i put roms in ma psp 1.5 and if sombody could please tell where to get the roms

Nicko01
August 8th, 2006, 19:03
roms are games like nes or something that u use with an emulator
google for "(game system) emulator for psp"
then google "(game system) roms"
then pick out the game you want and transfer it to psp with a usb cable.

eazy-e
August 8th, 2006, 19:03
come on pppl help please

Accordion
August 8th, 2006, 19:15
generally a rom is a ripped game data, such as a SNES rom. roms are illegal unless you have ripped them for your self for purely backup purposes

Basil Zero
August 8th, 2006, 21:32
Well its not as illegal as it was before, now ISOs are illegal..lol

donne
August 9th, 2006, 01:22
I considered it legal if I can't find those old games anymore within 5km radius.

ROM(s) is a ripped data from a game (whether it's Snes, Genesis, Gameboy etc) and can be played just like its supposed to be, using a designated Emulator. eg. SNES ROM games use SNES9XTYL, GBA with PSPVBA, Genesis with DGEN.. etc.

Just google it for ROM (some great EMU already available in this forum, go search). How to put and play those ROM/EMU might be different for each EMU, so please read the README.txt. But usually it's putting the ROM(s) into the ROMS folder.

Basil Zero
August 9th, 2006, 03:10
couldnt of said it better donne

eazy-e
August 18th, 2006, 18:17
i know what roms are now yall i got all these awesome roms

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 20:35
uhh they just made it soooooo clear i even kno what are roms:) and emulators:) is there emulators for game cube and ps2?

Darksaviour69
August 18th, 2006, 21:07
roms are cart based systems iso's are disc based systems.

I considered it legal if I can't find those old games anymore within 5km radius.

you may consider it moraly ok, but not legaly, you don't make the laws ;)

unrealphantasy3
August 20th, 2006, 02:32
Essentially, a ROM is a program of a retro game, and ROMS can be played on your PSP if you first donload the proper emulator (ie a SNES emu for a SNES ROM) onto your PSP, then place the ROMs in the emulator. Everything has got to be in certain folders though.

As far as the legality of downloading ROMs, I could give a crap. Here's my excuse :) If a friend owns an old copy of Super Mario World on the SNES, it's basically like I'm giving him my PSP as a gift, he's putting it on there, and then decides to give it back to me. just skipping all those inconvenient steps:D
Seriously though, no one cares about illegally downloaded ROMS.

eazy-e
August 20th, 2006, 04:47
yall i know what roms are now but still thanks for trying to help me out

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 20th, 2006, 05:05
how do u transfer n64, snes, gamboy, and any other non disc game to your computer?do u need an adaptor? i saw one for gameboy on success hk

Shadowblind
August 20th, 2006, 06:05
ROMS are evil alien spores bent on universal domination through the enslaving of boars.
j/k
ROMs are Read Only Memory, a compressed game file with every necessary pert for that certain game within it, except of course the console or what-not.

Airdevil
August 20th, 2006, 12:34
how do u transfer n64, snes, gamboy, and any other non disc game to your computer?do u need an adaptor? i saw one for gameboy on success hk

yeh to make your own back-ups you need to buy an adaptor for each system you want to back up games for.

But i dont see the point in dishing out money to make your own, when you can just download the ones you own, at no cost.

The EX
August 20th, 2006, 12:35
A rom is an image of a cartridge based data
An ISO is an image of a disc based media

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 12:45
wht are roms how do i put roms in ma psp 1.5 and if sombody could please tell where to get the roms
No asking for links about roms.

eazy-e
August 20th, 2006, 19:30
i already got da links dont need nomore links i could juss google itz that simple acid burn 05

Video_freak
August 20th, 2006, 19:31
i already got da links dont need nomore links i could juss google itz that simple acid burn 05
Well I'm glad it all worked out in the end. ;)

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 19:34
If its that simple why was your first post as follows.

Yeph you did ask for them.:cool:

Video_freak
August 20th, 2006, 19:35
I think he figured it out after he posted the first post.

ACID
August 20th, 2006, 19:36
I know but i hate being called a liar.

eazy-e
August 20th, 2006, 20:25
i didnt know what roms were before me posting this thread now i know ppl helped explainining what roms were...

antoine
August 23rd, 2006, 02:57
roms is the name use for some kind of nintendo and atari games

ACID
August 23rd, 2006, 03:25
roms is the name use for some kind of nintendo and atari games
Basically for every game thats not in a specific file like cd games witch are isos.

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 04:26
*explains what roms are* there...:)