PDA

View Full Version : Question about adding a Modchip...

MrTeressaBond
July 6th, 2010, 03:31
Hi everyone, I am just posting here to ask something about adding a Modchip to my PS2, I'm relatively new at this and I have the MP-788:

http://www.game-messiah3.com/web/productshow.asp?id=204

this isnt the original site, it used to be World-Chip.com but the site doesnt seem to work anymore :(

of course inorder to attach the modchip, you would have to solder it with wires, therefore on the site it had a link it says you have to have this kind of wires for these connectors and this kind for these, therefore I bought myself a TRI-RATED CABLE PER 5 METRE 22AWG and a Kynar Wire - 30AWG 5 metre.

But this is where I am asking the question, do I really need to use these wires in accordance to what was suggested? OR can I just the the 22AWG wire for all of the soldering? Will it work overall?

I hope this makes sense and I basically had this modchip for a year now and I was worried I might mess up, is it took me this long to ask this question cause I would really like to start playing imports and backups of my games. Thanks anyways and i look forward hearing back.

MrTeressaBond
July 9th, 2010, 05:09
Anyone at all may i ask?

Do I basically have to use a specific wire for the modchip installation? which one perhaps?

...the wires that I mentioned, will they do?

please let me know, again I am very new to this and I would appreciate it. Thanks.