PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Emu Disk?

Sepiku8484
August 9th, 2006, 10:23
Alright here some stuff thats been racking my brain.

I want to put multiple self boot emu on one disk. I may be getting greedy w this one but I figured someone would know here whether or not this was possible.

To be more clear. I'd like to do these things and have tons of programs so thats not an issue.

1. Make one disk that is self booting, with an snes, nes, and genesis on it. (maybe msx also or gameboy)

2. Have the roms on the same disk.

3.Not have to fiddle with disk swapping or anything like that.

Please, I encourage you to be upfront about whether or not this is a possibility or if I'm just wasting my time lol.

Also thanks for the help guys!

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 14:35
use selfboot inducer. that handy program supports multibooting.

Sepiku8484
August 9th, 2006, 16:43
Any help on that?

Sepiku8484
August 9th, 2006, 19:02
From what I can tell the sbi Requires dchakker which is basicaly a swap disk for multiple emu. But I'm trying to avoid swapping.

So some explination or tut on how to do this withuot using a swap would be great!

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 19:26
sbi doesn't require dchakker. dchakker is a multiboottool also and i think you can have all the stuff on the disk plus it supports diskswapping.

using sbi is really easy:
install it
move the sbi-files to the sbi-subdirectory
start sbi
select "multi boot" in the lower left corner
select each of the sbi's in the list on the right and click on the barcode to extract them
add all necessary files to the newly created directories (e.g. roms, themes etc)
choose what format the iso is supposed to be or if sbi should burn it right away by clicking on the symbols next to the barcode

thats pretty much it

Sepiku8484
August 9th, 2006, 20:13
Well that put me in the right direction. I just made my own sbi and it booted but wasnt working as corectly as I'd hoped.

As long as I can put the roms on the same disk as the other sbi's I dont care if I made it or not.

The only part of your explination im lost on is this

"add all necessary files to the newly created directories (e.g. roms, themes etc)"

If maybe you could expand upon that more directly that would be great! Thats the only part, sadly, I'm lost on.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 20:20
sure, what i mean is, sbi extracts all files in a new subdirectory called "inducer". go into that directory using windows explorer and add all files which you want to add. if your emus need their roms in special directories, then create them, if they aren't already there. after you're finished, click on one of the iso/burn buttons and sbi will turn the whole inducer-directory into an iso or burn it directly to cd-r

Sepiku8484
August 9th, 2006, 20:26
You do realize I am forever in your debt right?

If I've got anymore problems with it do you mind if I just pm you here?

Xiaopang
August 9th, 2006, 20:38
lol thanks, you're welcome. i don't mind at all. you can also reach me directly with icq: 162121961