PDA

View Full Version : errrrm emulators

psp fan
August 9th, 2006, 14:57
:p well all i would like to ask is you know how we can get emulators for psp for instance nes or nintendo 64 for psp? well your obviously going to put roms on the arent you? so if roms are illigeal an so are isos well whats the diffrence? im not saying we should no no isos are illigeal but what about roms? i mean if you guys know what i mean?

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 15:15
both are illegal.
however most people take a moral stance that live consoles should be supported, where as old console do not create profit any more, so no harm will come of it.
of course many developers reuse ideas.
and nintendo is set to gain huge profit by selling old games on the Wii, and in its constant ports of NES and SNES games to the GBA, and further ports of N64 titles to the DS.
are we sure nintendo is as innovative as some like to believe...
of course microsoft ports old titles to the live arcade, and sony is set to re sell classic psone titles, so these titles may become more of an issue with regards to legitimate use

psp fan
August 9th, 2006, 15:18
so your saying in a way yes and no? right and i get the profit bit

BelmontSlayer
August 9th, 2006, 15:27
There are also LEGAL roms. DCEmu even has links to them, they're known as "Public Domain" games. Google it. As for iSOs, all of them are illegial (Unless they're your own backups).

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 15:28
yeah
really there is no difference.
but people may feel more comfortable getting roms of games for "dead" consoles, knowing that the games no longer get profit, and cant cause damage to sales, as the games are no longer available.

edit: public domain roms are legal, unless they contain stolen IP

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 15:29
thats the only reason i have like 200 nes, snes, and gameboy roms on my psp :)

psp fan
August 9th, 2006, 15:40
ok cheers guys i understand t he line in wich i can t pass basicly i cn download games wich consoles dont make any profit so in a way it isnt illigeal cheers plus is everything in dcemu legal?

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 15:48
its your own decision .
dcemu is legal, and has a strict policy on discussion of such matters.
know the rules, and dont post links, request links, etc for roms or any illegal files.