PDA

View Full Version : NeoCD/SDL Page Updated

DCEmu_Newsposter
April 28th, 2004, 08:11
Sorry im so late (cable was down) but i have updated our NeoCD/SDL page with the newest release of the NeoGeo CD Emulator by Ian Michael and co.[br][br]Check out our NeoCD/SDL Page (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/neogeocdsdl.shtml)

GPF
April 30th, 2004, 16:50
and co.?

Many of us spent many days working on the NeoGeo CD emulator. Especially the original porters, and Foster.

Make sure the page reflects that.

I was the first person in the world to ever play a NeoGeo CD game on the Dreamcast. :)

Troy

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 12:52
Sorry Troy do you have a full list of helpers so i can add them to the page.

Ian_micheal
May 1st, 2004, 13:18
MAYBE READ my site Every one is listed and i made double sure of credits to every one.

NeoCD/SDL DC first version
This emulator is in the early stages of production, so to speak. Original NeoCD(DOS Version) by Martinez Fabrice, The NEOGEO CD SDL port was done by Fosters (SDL portions written by Fosters(2001,2003).) With the on-going help from Fosters, Troy Davis (GPF), BlueCrab and BlackAura. (If I have omitted anyones name in the credits, please let me know, as it was not intentional.) Credits: Fabrice Martinez - The original NeoCD emulator; Fosters - SDL port; Caz - For the BeOS NeoCD/SDL build; Karl Stenerud - The Musashi M680x0 emulator; Neil Bradley ([email protected]) - Multi-Z80 CPU emulator; Tatsuyuki Satoh - YM2610 Mame core; Derek Liauw Kie Fa. - 2xSaI engine; Sam Lantinga (et al) - Simple DirectMedia Layer; Dan Potter - KallistiOS; Dreamcast Port: Ian Michael, Fosters, Troy Davis (GPF)- bugfixes to the timer, and CDrom.c files, BlackAura- translated extract 8 asm function, BlueCrab- helped with z80 makefile output to C, *name removed by request* -fsopen routine.
Click on the symbol beside the controller to view the "Development Diary" (just started it, so it is very incomplete). Portions of the code is released under LGPL.

Thats there in plain to read terms. Ive stated over and over this.

http://www.imrtechnology.ngemu.com/emulators.htm

Troy did see it first.. Thing is the SDL.a he gave me was why still dont know why his compiled sdl.a works the emu and mine does not still the case. So i had it working days before with out knowing. I had no video display. Troy was great very impotain part of the development of this project.

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 13:50
its fixed now :)

hey even the best of us can forget stuff :)

GPF
May 1st, 2004, 13:54
Cool, Just wanted it to reflect everyone's hard work.

Troy

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 14:00
Yeah it was certainly not intentional.

i firmly belive in giving as much credit as i can.

although i cant spell for shit these days :P

Ian_micheal
May 1st, 2004, 15:43
Make sure Quzar is listed as well. or get the credits list from ym readme and doc files.

This is why this is some problems in the scene when people post news with out doing it right. I know some of the best get it wrong i have a few times and led to fights and catty ness.

Like this almost did. No one persons work is more importain. Im the porter of the emu and asked for these people to help me credit needs to be given to them.

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 15:49
didnt you post the full credits above :P

/me looks at Ian and says Im sure your trying to make me work harder :P

can you post here whats to be added and itll be done :)

Ian_micheal
May 1st, 2004, 17:28
CREDITS
-------

Fabrice Martinez - The original NeoCD emulator
Fosters - SDL port
Caz - For the BeOS NeoCD/SDL build
Karl Stenerud - The Musashi M680x0 emulator
Neil Bradley ([email protected]) - Multi-Z80 CPU emulator
Tatsuyuki Satoh - YM2610 Mame core
Derek Liauw Kie Fa. - 2xSaI engine
Sam Lantinga (et al) - Simple DirectMedia Layer
Quzar- Region selector, frameskip, frame limiting, auto loading, many bugfixes and optimizations.
Mekanizer - proper vmu display

fackue for this wonderfull tool

NeoCD/SDL DC Selfboot 0.1
http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/tools/ngcdselfboot_01.zip
This will scan the selected directory for you and let you know if you're missing any files, or if you have the wrong BIOS image.

You can then create a DiscJuggler image if the check went OK.

Dreamcast Port:
Ian Michael, Fosters, GPF, BlackAura, BlueCrab

Splash Screen art created by & vmu icon: Wack0

If I have omitted anyones name in the credits, please let me know, as it was not intentional.

Here's the fullthing just check the doc's directory included with the source and archive. One of the things im proud of with this project was every one working together. Every one is importain every one played a role indirectly or directly i think ive been pretty good at posting and making people aware of who worked on it.

I asked for help on the project i got it. If i was to go it alone it still be months away from the first version.

wraggster
May 1st, 2004, 17:33
k it will be done :P

fackue
May 1st, 2004, 22:02
:-[ Could you possibly fix the link to 0.2 of the selfbooting, please Wraggster? I fixed some problems in the newer version. Change the 1 to a 2 in the link.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 00:58
Sure will do fackue :)

Your sites a great help to the scene btw ;)

Ian_micheal
May 2nd, 2004, 02:46
What about my site :'(

Clessy
May 2nd, 2004, 05:11
It's not help to the scene. :D Just got a bunch of goodies for the scene but as far a noobie help I wouldnt say its much of a help.

Ian_micheal
May 2nd, 2004, 05:44
Hey i wrote tuts on how to burn things with pitures best tut on buring things with DJ .. Many a nebie has thanked me for the only help they could follow!

fackue
May 2nd, 2004, 07:14
Your sites a great help to the scene btw
That reminds me, your page has been added to my links page. Forgot about that. :P

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 10:45
your sites nice too Ian :)

/me gives Ian a pat on the back and the bum :P

Ian_micheal
May 2nd, 2004, 13:44
Yeah thanks Wraggy hehe