PDA

View Full Version : version 1.52 and homebrew?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 21:29
i know 1.5 is pretty much the best firmware to have for a psp, but can 1.52 do everything 1.5 can do?

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 21:37
Here we go again...

We all know you have a bricked PSP already, so keep it down to one single thread.

I'm not trying to be mean, it's just the way it is around here...in fact, I'm quite helpful...watch:

If you're looking to buy a new PSP and it has 1.51 or 1.52 firmware, get it.
You can upgrade to 2.00 and downgrade to 1.50.

1.51 and 1.52 just have security updates that block homebrew out, and since 2.00 came fast on it's tracks, they became obsolete updates quickly, which no one bothered to exploit.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 21:40
im not downgrading, ill just buy a 1.5, last time i downgraded, it ended in a brick.

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 21:46
Listen, the 2.00 to 1.50 downgrade is not as complicated as the newer firmware downgrades...in fact, there's an .exe file self installing 2.00 to 1.50 downgrade for dummies that is 100% completely safe....all you have to do is run it with your PSP connected through USB and it put's the files in the right place. Then you just do a couple of clicks on your PSP and presto, you have a downgrade.

I introduced many of my friends to PSP homebrew and emulation thanks to this downgrade method...you can have my word on it that it will no doubt work.

But hey, it's up to you. I undertand what bricking feels like. See my sig. and I for one cannot afford buying a new PSP for a while... I recently moved to a bigger more expensive place, and bought a new car, so a new PSP is not priority to me...even though I miss homebrew and emus a heck of a lot.

Prasoc
August 9th, 2006, 21:46
2.00 to 1.50 is MUCH safer than 2.60 to 1.50.

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 21:49
There you go.

...and hey, if you happen to find a source with cheap 1.50s let me know, OK? By cheap I mean $130 to $150 but I really doubt they will go for such a low price.

...also let me know if yu happen to come across any 1.50 PSP motherboards, will ya.

I helped you, you help me...deal?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 21:52
i tell ppl i have a bricked psp just incase the dont know. and how did u partially brick your psp?

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 21:56
Uff...ok here I go..

Easily put. I messed up a flash file called topmenu_plugin.rco

This is the file that assigns the names to the PSP's XMB or menu interface.

You know...PHOTO...MUSIC...VIDEO...ETC. ETC.
...that file.

So basically...I can't enjoy from anything that's on the menu anymore, because it just plain doesn't show up...it just crashes after SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT fades and the wavy lines come up.
The only thing that prevents this from happening is if a UMD game is ran inside the PSP....not any UMD game, but only one's with a 1.50 or less required update....talk about stale, old-ass games.

That's my status.

Oh,Oh...I can save too...but that's it.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 21:59
o, that sucks, i know you dont have money for a new one like u said, but if u live in america, call sony at 1-800-345-7669, and they will replace it for only $89. its a lot less than paying full price.

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 22:04
Yes, I know...but with the latest firmware.

I did help a friend out with $40 about two months ago, but the dumb guy bought a 2.60 and Upgraded....even though I had explained to him not to...Oh well, at least I get to play Tekken.

But I'm not gonna send my PSP to SONY....There has to be a way around it that won't cost me a single dollar.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 22:08
theres no way to get to the usb connection?

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 22:13
using PspSetX is even safer, as it runs through a more stable exploit. you trick it to 1.00 then run the 1.50 update.
easy

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 22:15
theres no way to get to the usb connection?

Nope, but remember I can still put files on the Memory Stick through an adapter and that could enable running some fixing code to the PSP's flash....if only somebody could code it. So I still have a little shred of hope.

using PspSetX is even safer, as it runs through a more stable exploit. you trick it to 1.00 then run the 1.50 update.
easy

He's right...that is the safest way to downgrade 2.00 to 1.50....and a piece of cake it is too.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 22:27
thats exactly what i thought. and i posted a thread about it. or are you mocking me?

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 22:32
thats exactly what i thought. and i posted a thread about it. or are you mocking me?

UUUUUhhhh....mocking you? Me? Why?
I'm just posting conversation here.
I'm not the mockery type of person.
Why would I mock you, man?...you have it worse than me. I'm just trying to help and get help.

I got two whole threads about this too in the development forums...they've been there for some time, too.

Trust me, I wouldn't mock around with this,K?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 22:45
shut up

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 22:47
not again

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 22:49
not again what

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 22:55
shut up

Ey, why the sudden hate, man?

I already told you what I'm about...I'm also a 27 year old married man, and a father too, ok?

Let's handle this like adults...and unless you don't consider yourself an adult, the I suggest you best be the one to shut up.

Accordion
August 9th, 2006, 22:55
you tend to try and cause confrontations...
alot.
calm down

oh, and dont encourage him Apoklepz.

Video_freak
August 9th, 2006, 22:56
ya seriously

Apoklepz
August 9th, 2006, 22:59
It's fine by me.

Kramer
August 9th, 2006, 23:03
fight fight fight
nah jk

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 23:07
im not an adult, im 13

Kramer
August 9th, 2006, 23:09
being 13 doesnt give you an excuse for acting like a douchebag.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 23:15
no i was answering what he said earlier "Let's handle this like adults...and unless you don't consider yourself an adult"

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 9th, 2006, 23:15
and he started the douchebagyness

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 00:05
we should just close the threads that start to get off topic. is their an admin here that can close this one?

acn010
August 10th, 2006, 00:13
please stop, another thread is going on flames, please, just stop now