PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Asks - What's the Worst Thing You've Done to a Piece of Hardware?

wraggster
July 19th, 2010, 00:22
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/images/logo.gif

Hi all we are all mostly gaming fans so heres DCEmus way of asking you the DCEmu visitors questions concering the Gaming scene.

Todays Question is What's the Worst Thing You've Done to a Piece of Hardware?

Give your Answer via Comments.

More DCEmu asks in the Off Topic Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

wraggster
July 19th, 2010, 00:24
well i have a broken psp slim and xbox in my cupboard at home, not to mention 2 knackered gamecube lcds i tried to fix, i think im just not good at fixing consoles, although i did solder a gamecube modchip once

worst thing i suppose is my star wars psp slim which now has a no backlight on the screen, some effing attachment fell off the motherboard :(

Heisenberg
July 19th, 2010, 01:02
Hmm... Had just bought Earthworm Jim 2 for Snes, Cost about €50, took it home and played it. Got so freakishly enraged on one level, I janked the cart out and threw it hard into a corner. It was not working again. Not a long life for that cart.
Just when I was about to throw it a thought went through my mind: "Am I really doing this?" Apparently I was.....

JushinLiger
July 19th, 2010, 07:52
I headbutted my original Gameboy whilst playing Tennis. Cracked the screen. I was gutted until I got a Gameboy Pocket a month or so later.

Jonesey
July 19th, 2010, 12:12
I had this DVD recorder once that never really worked properly - it would sometimes not burn disks at all, or lock-up on finalising, or when editing a disk, etc. Anyway one day it screwed-up one too many disks and suitably enraged I took it out on to the drive and Office Space style smashed the guts out of it.

Then burned it.

I have a terrible temper sometimes. :o

symbal
July 19th, 2010, 13:03
I threw my Gameboy out my bedroom window into the garden because i was getting so pissed off with the battery pack not working right, but typical Nintendo quality i picked it up and not a single thing wrong with it. Also if you not just counting consoles then when i was 4 i had a radio controlled red Lamborghini Countach that i decided was too slow, so i wired the motor directly into the mains and obviously the motor blew, the electric tripped and i got my first electric shock.

mike_jmg
July 19th, 2010, 15:41
I had bought some "new" component cables for my 360 as the ones I had had a false contact (red), they were generic, my surprise, they worked even worse than mine

I tooked them back to the store, and asked the guy for a refund, he told me the cables worked fine and tried them with a 360 he had on display.

They do worked, all colors and everything but the picture looked like crap, he told me I wouldn't get better picture with component cables.

Long story short, I went home still pissed, I tore the cable into pieces with a cutter and threw it in the garbage

Later that week I bought microsoft original vga cable for my xbox (my 360 doesn't have HDMI port), and now I'm happy.

PoorKingz
July 20th, 2010, 01:49
I tried to fix one PSP and somehow ended up breaking two PSPs.

watupgroupie
July 20th, 2010, 04:22
My friend gave me a RROD Xbox 360 to fool around with. After I was done learning the insides of the console, I didn't feel like keeping it around. I took it out back, smashed it to bits with a sledge hammer and damped gas all over it and lit it on fire :).

My PS1 from when I was younger went through hell with my fits of rage. I'd take the controller and smash it into the console as hard as I could and take the games and chuck them across my basement. The console and controllers were quite strong and never did break even to this day, the games didn't take to scratching very well though :P

irishwhip
July 20th, 2010, 12:57
i've had a number of 120v console to 240v plug socket incidents.

deng song
July 22nd, 2010, 16:06
I need a good iPad transfer, iPad manager for my iPad. I need it to be able to backup iPad to pc (windows) and file-copy from iPad to pc. Any suggestion for good software?