PDA

View Full Version : OT - Plot to Blow Up Planes Heading From Britain to USA Disrupted

wraggster
August 10th, 2006, 17:34
News Via BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm)

A plot to blow up planes in flight from the UK to the US and commit "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.
It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled in hand luggage on to as many as 10 aircraft.

Police are searching premises after 21 people were arrested. Home Secretary John Reid said they believed the "main players" were accounted for.

High security is causing delays at all UK airports. The threat level to the UK has been raised by MI5 to critical after the arrests in London, High Wycombe and Birmingham.

Critical threat level - the highest - means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK". Three US airlines are believed to have been targeted. Mr Reid said had the attack gone ahead it would have caused a loss of life of "unprecedented scale". He said they were "confident" the main players were in custody, but neither the police nor government are "in any way complacent". We are confident that we have disrupted a plan by terrorists to cause untold death and destruction. Prime Minister Tony Blair, on holiday in the Caribbean, paid tribute to the the police and the security services. He said they had tracked the situation for a "long period of time" and had "been involved in an extraordinary amount of hard work."

"I thank them for the great job they are doing in protecting our country. "There has been an enormous amount of co-operation with the US authorities which has been of great value and underlines the threat we face and our determination to counter it," he said in a statement.

BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera said the plot was thought to have involved a series of "waves" of simultaneous attacks, targeting three planes each time. He also said the plan "revolved around liquids of some kind". "Officials say the explosives would have been sophisticated and extremely effective," our correspondent said.

Airport 'crammed'

Meanwhile, at Heathrow Airport incoming short-haul flights have resumed, but long-haul services are seriously delayed. Several outbound services have been cancelled. The airport is crammed with thousands of passengers, while at Stansted more than 2,000 people are queuing to pass through customs.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Paul Stephenson said the alleged plotters had intended "mass murder on an unimaginable scale".

"We are confident that we have disrupted a plan by terrorists to cause untold death and destruction and to commit, quite frankly, mass murder," he said.

"We believe that the terrorists' aim was to smuggle explosives on to aeroplanes in hand luggage and to detonate these in flight. We also believe that the intended targets were flights from the United Kingdom to the United States of America."

Police had spoken to a "good number of community leaders to make them aware that a major operation was under way," he added. Head of the Met's anti-terrorist branch Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke said the investigation had had "global dimensions" and had seen an "unprecedented level" of surveillance. The decision to take action had been taken on Wednesday night, he added.

According to BBC sources the "principal characters" suspected of being involved in the plot were British-born. There are also understood to be links to Pakistan. BBC home affairs correspondent Andy Tighe said police sources had told him they had found "interesting items" which were being examined. In other major developments:

Houses in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, are evacuated by police. US air marshals are being sent to the UK to provide extra air security. The US Department of Homeland Security increased the threat level applied to US-bound commercial flights originating in the UK to "red" - the first time it has done this for flights coming in from another country

The Home Office confirmed there had been meetings overnight and on Thursday morning of the Cabinet's emergency committee, Cobra, chaired by Home Secretary John Reid, to discuss the terror alert. A spokesman for Number 10 said Tony Blair had briefed US President George Bush on the situation during the night

BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said despite the arrests the threat level had been raised "in case there is some other sub-plot, back-up plot around this that the police aren't aware of".

The Department for Transport set out the details of the security measures at UK airports. Passengers are not allowed to take any hand luggage on to any flights in the UK, the department said.

Only the barest essentials - including passports and wallets - will be allowed to be carried on board in transparent plastic bags.

"We hope that these measures, which are being kept under review by the government, will need to be in place for a limited period only," the statement said.

Another sad day for the world when innocent people are targeted in the name of terrorism.

Vegetable
August 10th, 2006, 17:35
This isn't homebrew related. If people want to read this shit, they can visit CNN.com.

This site is getting so filled up with crap I can't believe it.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 17:39
dude, its significant. and you didnt have to read it. no one made you. anyways thanks wraggster for the important news even if its off topic (which it says in the title)

Vegetable
August 10th, 2006, 17:49
I care about this news as much as most people, it just does not belong here. This is an emulation website.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 17:51
ya i guess your right. i guess wraggster felt it was significant enought to be on the news page

bobnickelson
August 10th, 2006, 17:52
I agree with Vegetable, this site is having alot of annoying news, just like that essay on "the dark side of homebrew" and sonys wrath, but this news is beyond off topic, terrorism is on EVERY news channel today, if i wanted to see or read about it i'll pick up a paper, turn to any news channel, but i come here for psp. I'm not saying terrorism isn't something to be aware about, this site needs to stick to homebrew at least...

Emeriastone
August 10th, 2006, 18:03
Dude, wraggster can post whatever he wants and I will read it. I respect the guy enough to be fine with it.

BTW: it's a good thing to get your psp out of your ass for a second and see what's going on in the world. :)

dagger89
August 10th, 2006, 18:05
Are u guys f**king serious??? Hundreds of people almost lost their lives today, and you are bitching about how it doesn't belong on here...... sheesh... there's more to life than video game

ACID
August 10th, 2006, 18:07
This isn't homebrew related. If people want to read this shit, they can visit CNN.com.

Dude take the plug of your *** of relax. Its also a web where we can speak about other stuff. If you don't like it don't visit here and go to one of the imitation web sites.

This is info about what is know as national securyty. Meaning everybody in the world can be affected by it. so relax. Better yet go take a valium.

hack.fool
August 10th, 2006, 18:18
I can't believe some people say "This isn't homebrew related."
what the f***...
just think about how lucky are you when you download your last Hb, meanwhile people out there lost life...

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 18:19
Related directly to homebrew it is not.

Related to DCEMU, it is. This is afterall a UK site. If the Islamists had their way, this website and many other good things in the United Kingdom would not exist.

Another victory against Islamic Terrorists. Oh wait, all terrorists are Islamic. Great religion....

A holy warrior who dies in martyrdom will receive 72 virgins in heaven.

Nice try ragheads, no virgins for you today.

Bring it!!!

9/11 will continue to be avenged!

Are u guys f**king serious??? Hundreds of people almost lost their lives today, and you are bitching about how it doesn't belong on here...... sheesh... there's more to life than video game
Yes, to all who are complaining, try buying a PSP or connecting to Internet in Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. The Islamists wish to bring chaos and terror to interupt all of the freedoms and benefits we have in the U.S.A., UK, etc. etc. They would kill your family members and you. Maybe even behead you on Video for PR kicks. It is their goal to spread their whacky religion and extremist ideals to every country in the world. People have become so complacent and love to bitch about Bush & Blair when in fact they should feel lucky to have such leaders.

SmashinGit
August 10th, 2006, 18:20
Vegetable and bobnickelson just take your eyes off your psp for 1 minute and just think for a minute what may of happened. Thousands of innocent people could of lost their lives mid Atlantic and their bodies never found. It would of been worse than 911. Surely you must have an opinion regarding this? Instead all you can do is slag off this website.

Plowking
August 10th, 2006, 18:23
After all this site gives to the homebrew community, he can post hello kitty comic strips if he wants and I wont blink.

Keep up the great work...

Briggzy11
August 10th, 2006, 18:26
It doesnt matter if its PSP Related or not this is serious and I am glad that it has been posted here to keep us informed of this turn of events, People moan about the homebrew scene when theres all of this going on in the world, bloody terrorism it really needs to stop!

Junixx
August 10th, 2006, 18:37
Related directly to homebrew it is not.

Related to DCEMU, it is. This is afterall a UK site. If the Islamists had their way, this website and many other good things in the United Kingdom would not exist.

Very true, people need to stop complaining about about offtopic stuff, its not like anyone is forcing them to read it

I'd would rather have these things on here so ppl know what is going on, i consider this significant enough to be put on this site, even if this site is about homebrew

Apoklepz
August 10th, 2006, 18:41

Hey you know what? If those planes would've blown up and God forbid your family was in them, you'd be talking about it right her if you happened to be logged in at the moment...so don't go around nagging and bitching about how this is not homebrew related...We all like to get lost in our games, but there's also a very harsh reality we have to step up to in this world each and everyday, and it's called life...You act like these news doesn't affect or involve you, well let me tell you something about all this...You never know when terrorism might come knocking on your door, so it's best to be informed and involved. That's all I have to say.

zac_531
August 10th, 2006, 18:42
Woah, lol those poor people...WAIT
IM IN THE UK...
NOO I WANT TO LIIIVE
Dont worry, im sure terrorists dont plan to blow up anywhere around the humber bridge, its a crappy expensive bridge anyway, and in quote of 'American Dad'.
"We have a cleevland, and it would be just super if you didnt blow it up"
Same thing,

Briggzy11
August 10th, 2006, 18:46
lol i just dont understand why terrorists want to get the UK all of a sudden, if i understand correctly they seem to be failing alot lately, last may was just lucky...

I just dont understand why the terrorists religion has anything to do with them having to kill themselfs, I am glad I am not religious after hearing this news, and I never plan to be now!

DimensionT
August 10th, 2006, 19:05
This is info about what is know as national securyty. Meaning everybody in the world can be affected by it. so relax. Better yet go take a valium.

Valium? Where? Lol.

Serously though, this story being on the news page isn't any different then there being a "breaking news story" on TV.

It just interrupts our normal homebrew downloading schedule to bring us important info, just like the new channels do with TV shows.

Now... If I was taken away from homebrew for a freaking car chase, I'd be pissed :p.

jwilds73
August 10th, 2006, 19:10
After all this site gives to the homebrew community, he can post hello kitty comic strips if he wants and I wont blink.

Keep up the great work...

Hello Kitty has a MMORPG here

http://www.sanriotown.com/onlinegame/index.php?s=introduction

So even Hello Kitty is game related and I do believe they added a RPG section to the network. Anyway's I'm shocked and amazed at the total @$$hat's here. How insensitive and cruel they seem. I mean what if the company hosting these very server's had been targetted by terrorists or someone that works for this site had been affected by this tragedy had it occured. This is a great site with great people and I am glad they and their families are safe.

slayer2psp
August 10th, 2006, 19:13
and people say religion is a good thing thats what all this comes down to. my god is better then yours. just sad the usa needs to understand the needs and thoughts of other peoples ideas and religions just becuse you dont understand it doesnt make it wrong you cant force people to think your way and thats what the usa seems to want. every one to be like them

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 19:16
well done for voltron the racist hillbilly

and i wouldnt be surprised if soon we are told that the terrorists are all hezbollah and both the USA and UK find this justification go and offer even more help to the Israel army force.

conincidences dont exist.

gsmumbo
August 10th, 2006, 19:28
I agree that this isnt homebrew related... and for that reason I applaud wraggster. This is a serious thing that threatened and still threatens many peoples lives. To see that a site whos focus is a videogame system post this news is good. There are plenty of people who don't watch or listen to the news. Posting it here lets the psp community know about the danger that could potentially face us all. Sure, there are some of us here like me who watch the news, but for those who don't, posting this helps.

Briggzy11
August 10th, 2006, 19:29
In respect this is gaming news, because 100's of gamers could have been killed in these attacks, including me as I am in the UK too...

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 19:31
Hey you know what? If those planes would've blown up and God forbid your family was in them, you'd be talking about it right her if you happened to be logged in at the moment...
Very nicely said. Nothing but truth in that statement. Officials who know detailed info about the plot say that it would have been death and destruction of an unprecedented level if carried out.

I just dont understand why the terrorists religion has anything to do with them having to kill themselfs
They are convinced they are fighting a jihad (Holy War) against the Zionists & Great Satan (U.SA. & United Kingdom). The Islamic Bible (Holy Kuran) speaks of martyrdom (blowing yourself up to kill Zionists) being rewarded with 72 virgins in heaven among other things.

Hey, who wouldn't want 72 virgins... but come on... I can't believe these little terrorist wannabes are so small minded that they are brainwashed to truly believe this nonsense.

And on a side note, the way things are going in the Middle East these days I think its pretty safe to say that Allah is running out virgins.... FAST!

Its called a war against terror to be plitically correct when it fact it is truly a war against radical Islam. A religion & idealogy taught in mosques (Muslim Churches).

While it is not fair to say that all Muslims are terrorists...... Just about all terrorists are Muslims. Sad but true.

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 19:35
george bush isnt muslim...or is he

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2006, 19:43
Just about all terrorists are Muslims. Sad but true.

What about the IRA?, UVF? etc and in my book the whole Israeli army are terrorists, if not war criminals.

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 19:44
at last someone else has a brain, thankyou darksaviour69 wise as always

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 20:04
Sad the USA needs to understand the needs and thoughts of other peoples ideas and religions just becuse you dont understand it doesnt make it wrong you cant force people to think your way and thats what the usa seems to want. every one to be like them
We don't want to force anybody to believe anything against their will. We just don't want Airplanes flying into our buildings killing thousands upon thousands of innocent poeple. Women & children included. It is not really about GOD superiority. Allah is the word for GOD in the Muslim religion. Most religions believe in only 1 GOD. Not different gods. It is just my opinion that Islam as a religion is very shady.

well done for voltron the racist hillbilly and i wouldnt be surprised if soon we are told that the terrorists are all hezbollah and both the USA and UK find this justification go and offer even more help to the Israel army force.

conincidences dont exist.
While I do understand that there will always be misguided people like yourself whenever this type of touchy subject arises, it must also be pointed out that you don't seem to know facts behind current events.

::Concerning Israel vs. Hezbollah::

To counter any uneducated attacks to my comments let me educate you.

1.) Israel pulled out of Lebanon completely back in 2000 in a step towards peace.

2.) Instead of building peace and being nice, Hezbollah stocked thousands of missiles & other weapons in preparation for future conflict against Israel.

3.) The UN (United Nations) passes security resolution 1559 which required Hezbollah to disarm. Hezbollah obviously ignored.

4.) Hezbollah is an armed militant Islamic faction of Iran.

5.) The WAR raging now by Israel was started by Hezbollah who crossed Israels Sovereign border, killed 8 Israeli soldiers, kidnapped 2, then launched Katyusha rockets filled with ball-bearings into innocent Israeli towns.

Soooo what the hell is your problem accordian boy? The "coincidence" is that Israel just happens to be in between 2 terrorist organizations. Hezbollah (Lebanon) & Hamas (Palestine). If the United Kingdom were right next to Lebanon, Hezbollah would have attacked British troops and civilians.

So in closing, cut it out with the useless ignorant posts on this thread. We are and have been a friendly community. I am willing to bet you anything that the majority people would side with my views as opposed to yours.

Vegetable
August 10th, 2006, 20:10
Vegetable and bobnickelson just take your eyes off your psp for 1 minute and just think for a minute what may of happened. Thousands of innocent people could of lost their lives mid Atlantic and their bodies never found. It would of been worse than 911. Surely you must have an opinion regarding this? Instead all you can do is slag off this website.

Thanks for your assumption, but I don't have a PSP. I do have an opinion on this, and I believe that terrorism must be stomped out. It just doesn't belong on a site about homebrew, period.

Hey you know what? If those planes would've blown up and God forbid your family was in them, you'd be talking about it right her if you happened to be logged in at the moment...

Another assumption. No, actually I wouldn't, because this is a site about homebrew. I don't want random people on the Internet to tell me about all the woes in their lives, and others feel the same way. It's just not relevant, and it would be considered spam.

I can't believe some people say "This isn't homebrew related."
what the f***...
just think about how lucky are you when you download your last Hb, meanwhile people out there lost life...

Yes, five years ago. Unless you counted the thousands upon thousands of deaths we have every year of completely unrelated causes.

If you had cared to actually read the article, you'll see that nobody had died at all, completely nullifying your point.

Hold on....

Are u guys f**king serious??? Hundreds of people almost lost their lives today

Yeah, key word is almost. Nobody died, so it's not even important enough to be on a homebrew site.

jinqui242
August 10th, 2006, 20:15
I have no problem with reporting important current events, but everytime I see OT discussions like this on newsgroups and forums, they turn into ugly flame wars that go on forever. There are other places to discuss these things.

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 20:34
What about the IRA?, UVF? etc and in my book the whole Israeli army are terrorists, if not war criminals.

WOW! I am sooo glad you posted that comment. Especially being an admin. I just have to quote it in case you have a rare surge of intelligence and edit your post.

Now if people missed this on page 3, they can certainly see it on page 4.

I can admit I am not informed as much with the IRA & UVF as I am with Radical Islam, but I did say "just about". I was not ruling out the fact that other people or groups may have taken part in terrorism.

Saying the IDF ( Israeli Defense Force) are war criminals, that is stooping pretty low. I am not Jewish and I don't live in Israel but what Israel has done made me feel tremendous respect and appreciation for them. I wish all countries responded to terrorism this way.

War is ugly, war is brutal. But Isreal did not start this. What I think will be pretty certain is that I think everyone will think twice before attacking Israel again. This will likely provide a more secure future for Israelis in the long run. Its amazing that defending yourself against Muslim fanatics by using force is seen as criminal. Yeah, poor terrorists. They deserve so much sympathy for their cause..... get real!!!

What Hezbollah did to Israel, they would have done to the U.S.A., the UK, and many other predominately peaceful countries. Wouldn't you want your countries leadership to destroy this kind of threat as Israel is doing? If not, you don't understand the REAL world today.

Administrator or not, you are a fool DarkSaviour69!! Most people will see it now, I'm just not afraid to say it out loud.

Vegetable
August 10th, 2006, 20:44
WOW! I am sooo glad you posted that comment. Especially being an admin. I just have to quote it in case you have a rare surge of intelligence and edit your post.

Calling an admin a dumbass? Great thinking, smart guy.

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2006, 20:56
ok, I have lived with terrorism thoughout my child hood, i understand how it works, you my friend do not. Israel are just making more terrorist for the future with their heavy handed responce.

Israel have killed far more innocent people than terrorists and they are blocking groups like the red cross from helping the innocent people in southern Lebanon, that seems criminal to me!

the numbers:

Lebanon Civilians:
732 (including 1/3 children)
3,400 injured
One million displaced

Hezbollah militia:
58 reported by Hezbollah
165 confirmed by IDF,

Israel Civilians:
41 killed
1,293 injured (of which 1,200 lightly injured or treated for shock)
300,000 displaced

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict)

the Israeli army have done a hell of a lot more damage to the Civilian pop than Hezbollah and which is thre terrorist group?

you can not squash terrorism by force that never works, look to N.Ireland. On bloody sunday the british tried to Squash out the IRA but instead 13 Irish Civil Rights protestors were shot by the British Parachute Regiment, it was the biggest recuitment day for the IRA ever!

things only got better then the UK gov started talking to the IRA. People become terrorist for a reason, it better to understand why they do so, instead of just trying to kill them (and there fore make more terrorists.

weirdelf
August 10th, 2006, 21:10
Im glad this was posted although it was a little late for me. I just got back from Stansted airport, my flight was cancelled:rolleyes:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 10th, 2006, 21:11
DUDE i hear u i live in the uk and its not just us who would suffer.These evil sick *******s need hunting to the ends of the earth and irradicating like the vermin they are.I PREY this alert will pass with no incidents.

Dickhead
August 10th, 2006, 21:29
I belive in PEACE NOT WAR!!, I think if people will just keep on retaliating it will just get worse. Also its all about palistine v israle. Some jews are zionists and they believe that they should keep on fighting for the land that they believe that God commanded them to take from palistine. That has been going on for 1000s of years. Islam is taking revenge. I beleive that both sides must stop fighting and we should all get on with each other even though we dissagree with each other. PEACE!!!

Tetris999
August 10th, 2006, 21:37
Dark saviour is one of the best people ive ever seen a true person which understands whats happening and at least has something to say to voltron who isos (HECK WHAT ELSE DOES HE STEAL?)voltron i cant even believe you lol now here we have voltron a person who isos pretty much stealing is showing his views on this and as seeing the hes gathered information on this it really means hes dedicated well volt hope u can read this before you take things right off us media ask a real person of the religion before you get the media koran, I know my Quran and it says that you fight to defend yourselves, your family, and your religion. also hear this YOU GO TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU ARE KILLED WHEN IN THE WAY OF YOUR RELIGION. nope sorry theres no virgins! ok and now lets see what i kind oppose to volts flaming. Have you ever known that there are 1.6 billion muslims in the WORLD?. And did it ever strike you that if muslims were terrorists and we were infact as crazy murderers the USA WOULD BE OBLITERATED by now? what i see hear is whats happened to the indians, white people come to north america, want land, meet indians, then are like screw them we want land bang bang, indians are killed in great numbers, indians fight back, americans then describe them as murderers and crazy people, saying the theryre religion is corrupt blah blah, and then after that the indians are wiped out. now lets see here america comes to iraq, wants oil, iraq stands there, americans want iraqi land for oil bang bang thousands of iraqis die, iraq fights back, iraqi religion described as evil demonic and crazy. these are two war crimes which are pretty much somehow i dunno RELATED and the same thing is happening except the us is attacking a world religion now and they hope it will work like with the indians. now back to the isralels look at this article numb nuts ive even added a PICTURE for you.

Israeli jets strike Beirut and Bekaa

Thursday 10 August 2006, 17:27 Makka Time, 14:27 GMT

Truck burns after it was hit by an Israeli air strike in Baalbeck LOOK AT PICTURE..

Israeli warplanes have continued their raids on Lebanon, hitting a historic lighthouse in densely-populated west Beirut and killing one man in the eastern Bekaa Valley.

The disused lighthouse in the heart of the Lebanese capital was hit by Israeli strikes on Thursday, damaging the top of the French colonial-era structure.

Local television showed live video of the damage, with part of the tower's roof blown off.

The strike was the first on Beirut proper since Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, the secretary-general of Hezbollah, issued a warning to Israel on August 4, saying that his fighters would fire rockets at Tel Aviv if Israel hit the Lebanese capital.

An Israeli drone also fired a missile into a minibus driving in the eastern Bekaa Valley, killing one person and wounding 12, residents said.

The attack occurred near the town of Rayak, about 5km east of the provincial capital of Zahle.

Another air strike targeted a road linking the city of Baalbek, traditionally a Hezbollah stronghold, with the Syrian city of Homs, witnesses said.

Leaflets

Israeli warplanes also dropped leaflets over northern Lebanon for the first time on Thursday, warning trucks off a coastal road linking Lebanon to Syria, residents said.

The single page document read: "Any pick-up or truck of any kind moving on the coastal road as of 8pm (1700GMT) will be attacked because it is suspected of carrying rockets, military hardware and saboteurs.

"You must know that anyone who moves in a pick-up or truck is endangering his life."

The leaflets fell north of Tripoli, Lebanon's second largest city, about 25km from the Syrian border. The area that was leafleted includes the Palestinian refugee camp of Beddawi.

It was unclear whether the curfew would be 24-hours a day, starting on Thursday night, or whether it was only a night-time ban on traffic.

The leaflets were signed:"The State of Israel."

i can keep on ranting on and on but lets close this shall we? Islam is a peaceful religion we fight to defend ourselves, we ban wine and beer because its the mother of all evils, we have strict rules for theivery, murdering etc etc that you see in the white countrys. now to say the a peaceful religion which appealed to about 1.6 billion people in the world suddenly goes terroist bullshit....BULLSHIT Islam contributed sciences and even gave the western world soap and now we are called terrorist what a shame.People fight to defend themselves and you shame them with your words.... i cant beileve you voltron please get some facts straight and please before you insult people ecpeacially on a gaming site its just disgusting

i will answer questions but not flames

MaxSMoke
August 10th, 2006, 21:54
Not this has anything to do with Homebrew, and is a debate that should *REALLY* be left to OTHER forums....

But the people in Israel seem to be, what's the word.... um, insane.

Not only are they SUPER Religious, but they are also very racist. I've personally spoken with an Israeli kid in a chat room, and the things he said about the Palatines were just crazy. He said they were all dirty thefts and they'd kill their own mother for money. He told me all Palatines were evil and deserved everything they got. I don't know if he's really a good example of most Israelis, but I have to think he's not alone in his beliefs when I hear on the news about Israelis firing on Police stations and Apartment complexes, talking about "Measured Responses".

I certainly don't think my country, the US, should be supporting a genocidal, racist nation, even if they support our oil interests in the area. I think we'd make alot more friends in the region, and alot less enemies with bigger oil reserves, if we left Israel to their own devices.

Dickhead
August 10th, 2006, 21:56
I agree with the last two posts and I am a christian, I think its all wrong. PEACE MAN

Tetris999
August 10th, 2006, 22:02
Well at least we have people with good thoughts like dickman and many others who say peace and dont flame :)

aries2k4
August 10th, 2006, 22:23
Lebanon Civilians:
732 (including 1/3 children)
3,400 injured
One million displaced

Hezbollah militia:
58 reported by Hezbollah
165 confirmed by IDF,

Israel Civilians:
41 killed
1,293 injured (of which 1,200 lightly injured or treated for shock)
300,000 displaced

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Israel-Lebanon_conflict)

the Israeli army have done a hell of a lot more damage to the Civilian pop than Hezbollah and which is thre terrorist group?

Well that doesnīt surprise me seeing as israelis donīt use their civilian population as cover.:rolleyes:

No Iīm not Jewish. Of course I think itīs awful when innocents die. Yes I beleive we are going to have to someother way besides violence to stop terrorism.
But PLEASE, donīt make the Hezbollah as innocents. They wanted this war. They sure as hell seem well prepared for it.

Kaiser
August 10th, 2006, 22:28
I agree that Israel overstepped their bounds here. Israel has been blaming all Lebanese civilian casualties on Hezbollah. They continue to blame Hezbollah for putting they're rocket launch stations near civilian residences. Think about that for a moment. If you were a police officer chasing a criminal you would never be able to get away with accidently killing innocents and blaming the criminal for being close to them.

This is afterall a UK site. If the Islamists had their way, this website and many other good things in the United Kingdom would not exist.
Not all Islamists are as hyper conservative as you may think. I live in a society full of muslims and they have never tried to impose they're will on anyone, which is better then what I can say for certain evangelical churches.

Nice try ragheads, no virgins for you today.

Bring it!!!

9/11 will continue to be avenged!

Thats one of the most blatantly racist things I've ever heard.

Voltron
August 10th, 2006, 22:29
Its good to see some of the true colors being exposed by some people here. We can debate this and argue forever.

I will make a couple more points and then insult Tetris999's religion and his Quran which might as well be toilet paper. Then I'll leave this thread exposed to the elements to see how things unfold.

The bottom line is that a plot to commit MASS MURDER, MASS MURDER, MASS MURDER was foiled and wraggster thought it would be a useful thread. Now its turning into an anti-war, anti U.S.A, & anti-Israel orgy. That is what is sickening and disgusting and really paints an ugly picture of this forum. Lots of people want to talk about PEACE? Do you think Muslims want peace? Do you honestly think if the world tells Muslims they want PEACE that all attacks would stop? Morons.

Dark Saviour obviously wants to talk about the IRA but fails to mention acknowledge or accept that the U.S.A. helped broker peace between Britain and the IRA.

The IRA was responsible for a little over 3500 deaths due to violence spanning about 36 years.

Just a select few out of the 1.6 billion Muslim fanatics killed almost that amount in 1 DAY on 9/11. Wake up people. Muslims were even killed on 9/11. It is not about "death to America" it is about death to innocents with an anti America facade.

DarkSaviour also wants to point out that their have been more losses on the Lebanon side of the war. What kind of logic is that? Because the good guys are kicking ass and not suffering as much casualties it is not fair? Again, what a foolish mindset to have. A message needs to be sent to Muslims that if you f**k with America, the U.K., Israel you are going to get your asses kicked to an unprecedented degree.

Hezbollah motto is "Death to the America". Hezbollah killed 243 U.S. Marines in 1983. Hezbollah is America and the U.K.'s enemy just as much as it is Israels.

We need to spend more time to "understand" terrorists? I think their understood. They want to kill kill innocent people and spark violence and chaos. If they are killed in the process then that is find and dandy because it is fighting for their religion.

Tetris999, you are part of a scumbag religion & civilization that has proved a failiure over the thousands of years. Yes, you are a failure. Your prophet Mohammed is a homo and he's lusting for you when you get to your "heaven". Oh he's got something sweet in store for you my friend. ;-)

Alls you can say is that Muslims have invented SAOP? Woohooo! I guess we'd all be dirty then if it wasn't for your Muslims huh?

Kaiser
August 10th, 2006, 22:38
Good bye Voltron. DCemu doesn't need reactionists like yourself.

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2006, 22:39
ok Voltro, i ignored your commments about me, i don't care. But when you start attacking users and there religions, that is it!

i i'm going to take great pleasure in banning you!

Dark Saviour obviously wants to talk about the IRA but fails to mention acknowledge or accept that the U.S.A. helped broker peace between Britain and the IRA.

your ignorance knows no bounds

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 22:43
all of this racism and hate. wheres the love? no religion is "good" or "bad". we choose to believe in what we want. stereotyping is what starts all of this hate...:(

gtazn15
August 10th, 2006, 22:44
MOST MUSLIMS ARE PEACEFUL and live like us. i have so many muslim friends, they are the nicest out of any others i have.

You cannot compare a small number of islamic terrorists to all muslims. There are millions of normal muslims and many who have psp's and love homebrew like you and i, and how many terrorits? few thousand?

@ voltron, wow you amaze me of how much u have disgraced religions. Dont forget, real muslims will never EVER disgrace the bible or torah. Saying the Quran is as good as toilet paper...thats unforgivable..
Learn to respect others, kthxbai

Tetris999
August 10th, 2006, 22:46
wow and i thought i was going to be banned i just said to voltron that muslim terrorists were bull shit theres not such thing as that if anyone sees my topic racist or offensive in anyway ill take it down i dont to be sunk to voltrons level im sorry if i insulted any of you :( i am not a hillbilly who makes fun of other religions

i thank all of you who are not even part of the muslim religion to do such actions to banning voltron and saying such nice things thanks i thought my topic was going to get flamed like mad now isee that it wont :) thanks guys ure good people at heart :P

ive read voltrons topic i cant believe it ive never seen someone that......evil i cant believe it he makes fun of muslims who are being slaughtered and calls us all evil i dont know what type of muslim harmed him and to call the quran a piece of TOILET PAPER uggggh I DIDNT EVEN INSULT YOUR BIBLE OR ANYTHING WTF U *******! I STAND UP FOR INNOCENT PEOPLE AND I SAY THINGS WHICH ARE TRUE AND YOU KNOW HOW HE RETALIATES BY SWEARING AT ME IVE DONT KNOW WHAT CRIMES IVE DONE VOLTSHIT BUT I HOPE URE BANNED!

zac_531
August 10th, 2006, 22:51
Is Tetris999 a muslim/asilum seeker or something? Comeon! Crazy islam people go mad for bombs, like crack. They claim to be doing the best by killing themselves and others 'in the name of allah'
Allah takes it up the bum, and you all feed him sweet bomb fuses along side, I have had enough of people from other countries in the UK and NOw look whats happened! Its like south park, with the people from the future "THEY TOOK ARRR JOOBS"
Except this time, its lives and its because of you stupid , insiginificant religious *******s in islam, and other countires, read a science book, NO GODS EXSIST, EVER

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 22:52
not another idiot

Kaiser
August 10th, 2006, 22:53
Is Tetris999 a muslim/asilum seeker or something? Comeon! Crazy islam people go mad for bombs, like crack. They claim to be doing the best by killing themselves and others 'in the name of allah'
Allah takes it up the bum, and you all feed him sweet bomb fuses along side, I have had enough of people from other countries in the UK and NOw look whats happened! Its like south park, with the people from the future "THEY TOOK ARRR JOOBS"
Except this time, its lives and its because of you stupid , insiginificant religious *******s in islam, and other countires, read a science book, NO GODS EXSIST, EVER

We'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. Despite what you may believe a lot of people still value their religion. What you may call "enlightened" others will call lonely and desolate. The least you could do is contain yourself from insulting them.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 22:54
zac_531, i dont think this thread was started for insults. kindness is the key ;)

zac_531
August 10th, 2006, 22:55
Well, they create corner shops, charging more prices, greedy and wear turbans. They claim to be peaceful, but seem to stoop to anything to get it.

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 22:55
thats just a small minority though. we wouldnt want to stereotype now...

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 22:57
this thread should be closed, im actually quite upset, stuff like this makes you lose faith in life...

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 22:58
i thought it should have closed a long time ago. i didnt say anything becaause we were having discussions, but now its just going way to far....

zac_531
August 10th, 2006, 22:59
Maybe all of them dont crave corner shops, but maybe just leeching off over countries, the amount of islamic people that come to countries for medical care or a job. If there so peaceful, STAY IN THERE OWN DAM COUNTRY. Now...Ill come to a stop there. Im not looking to be banned, just feeling like a few people here are not telling the whole truth, i saw on the news, in places like islam, 14 yr old kids with guns, would they really need to defend themselves if magical old allah could sprinkle peace onto the land.. Wait...He doesnt exsist, How STUPID are people? Science is everything and was everything and WILL be everything.
I should be called Science_Freak_531

Tetris999
August 10th, 2006, 23:00
WAAAAAH WTF LOL YOU KNOW WHAT ALLAH IS ?? ALLAH MEANS GOD PERIOD AND WE BELIEVE IN ONE GOD JUST LIKE FRIGGING CRISTAINS DO WE DONT HAVE JESUS AS HIS SON PERIOD NOW WHEN YOU INSULT ISLAM AND YOU MAKE FUN OF ALLAH JUST TRANSLATE THE WORD AND YOURE MAKING FUN OF GOD LOL U THINK ALLAH IS SOME ELEPHANT LIKE WHEN U THINK HINDUISM HUH? URE SICK I CANT EVEN BELIEVE WHAT U JUST SAID
then again if youre atheist psssh yeah then youre disgusting to be saying that i dont even insult then im insulted!

Video_freak
August 10th, 2006, 23:01
could an admin please close this thread before it gets out of control...

Accordion
August 10th, 2006, 23:04
science is everything you say...
well ive studied physics into early degree level and there are no answers for how the universe was created. science can explain the process of forms to what we have now, but not the creation of such force.

again please close/or maybe just edit out the offenders. not that it should make a difference but i am an english white atheist and i find the content is absolutely appauling.

Kaiser
August 10th, 2006, 23:06
Its sad what a few bigots can do.

Darksaviour69
August 10th, 2006, 23:06
Its a really shame there are so many bigots out there.

Let me make this clear, dcemu.co.uk and its staff do not discriminate against any user for any reason! We do not care what religion you believe in (or not believe in), but we will not tolerate any attack on anyones believes !!