PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus was made for the computer but there was project 64 also which one is better?

Tetris999
August 10th, 2006, 23:48
i have an emulator on the computer called project 64 on the computer and lots of games run at full speed Like zelda, donkeykong and stuff even starcraft LOL but then again why do i need starcraft 64 lol on my computer lol anyway i wondering was daedalus a full speed emulator for the computer or was it supposebly Nearly playable, if daedalus was a kinda slow compared to project 64 why are we porting it? no attack on daedalus cuz ive never tried the emulator but if project 64 is better why dont we port it? (there are source codes availiable for it!)

tsurumaru
August 11th, 2006, 00:40
i have an emulator on the computer called project 64 on the computer and lots of games run at full speed Like zelda, donkeykong and stuff even starcraft LOL but then again why do i need starcraft 64 lol on my computer lol anyway i wondering was daedalus a full speed emulator for the computer or was it supposebly Nearly playable, if daedalus was a kinda slow compared to project 64 why are we porting it? no attack on daedalus cuz ive never tried the emulator but if project 64 is better why dont we port it? (there are source codes availiable for it!)

I have no idea how Daedalus ran on the PC. Its now getting a PSP specific version coded by one of the original daedalus team though.

The short answer to why Project 64 isn't being ported is that it achieves its speed by being coded specifically for PC processors in x86 assembler and the PSP has a MIPS chipset.

johnny11358
August 13th, 2006, 05:04
oh tetris999 could ya like send me some of the roms such as Starcraft64 hehe i want to play it when they come out with the new version of Daedalus i heard it runs really fast =D

ryan2006
August 13th, 2006, 05:06
your not aloud to send links to roms but google is your best friend:D

johnny11358
August 14th, 2006, 03:19
your not aloud to send links to roms but google is your best friend:D

hehe =) google is mines and your little secret :P

CriticalMass
August 14th, 2006, 03:50
Daedalus, and I'll tell you why.

They're already working on a PSP version. Even if Project 64 was a better emulator for the PC it wouldn't matter because:

1. PSP is a radically different format than the PC.
2. Daedalus would be way ahead of it in development.

Zion
August 15th, 2006, 00:17
Daedalus runs great on the PC, :D

I use it a lot, full speed and only a few minor gfx errors on a select few games