PDA

View Full Version : xmen vs st fighter AHA A FIX! README if havin prblms!

kando
August 11th, 2006, 00:28
*edit* turns out only xmvsfu, xmvsur1, and xmvsfr1 which is the revision 1 EURO version will work...the standard euro version will not work, and japan, hispanic and asia will not work either.

hope this helps some people! *edit*

hey all,

i've had this game for the longest time, and it works fine in mame...in fact i have all the different versions (asia, hispanic, etc..)...however, i either get a "USER1" error or "CPU1" error when loading it through NJ's cps2 emulator...i tried combining all the pieces into one zip file, tried having them all original, even renamed to xmvsfu.zip...no luck! they cache fine tho...

anyone else having this problem?

no i wont tell u where i got it from :) but it definatly is a good rom set.

thanks!

kando
August 11th, 2006, 00:29
might be good to mention that it gets up to the .09 file and then i get that error....but after looking up info on the web, there is no .10 file, it DOES go .09 to .11....but still no good :(

tsurumaru
August 11th, 2006, 00:34
hey all,

i've had this game for the longest time, and it works fine in mame...in fact i have all the different versions (asia, hispanic, etc..)...however, i either get a "USER1" error or "CPU1" error when loading it through NJ's cps2 emulator...i tried combining all the pieces into one zip file, tried having them all original, even renamed to xmvsfu.zip...no luck! they cache fine tho...

anyone else having this problem?

no i wont tell u where i got it from :) but it definatly is a good rom set.

thanks!

I think NJ specified the roms had to be compatible with mame 107 or higher, perhaps if you download romcenter from www.romcenter.com and the CPS data files for mame version 107 it will be able to fix the rom for you?

Good luck

kando
August 11th, 2006, 00:52
may have narrowed it down, evidently im missing xvsux.03k and .04k...wonder how i was playing it in mame? guess i gotta go huntin for those...thanks for the help!

kando
August 11th, 2006, 01:27
re-read my intro post - turns out US version isnt the only one that works on test 3/4 :)