PDA

View Full Version : PSPOne ps1 emulator on psp!

raphabot
August 11th, 2006, 01:17
ook what i just found at google video!!!!11

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63360750042606

ive re-uploadde it to youtube for those who prefer it, see!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9b5xuvuaZE

Jmax
August 11th, 2006, 01:52
it seems to suck.

Cooe14
August 11th, 2006, 01:59
it seems to suck.
I looks like it's running extremly fast for a ps1 on a psp.
Though I highly doubt this is real :( .

Tinnus
August 11th, 2006, 02:05
Interesting. It looks faster than that pspsone thing was supposed to run (I didn't try it myself), although it's still below what I consider possible for PS1 emulation.

Jmax
August 11th, 2006, 02:25
It looks really slow to me o.o

Maybe my comp was just being slow, but i dont think it was.

Video_freak
August 11th, 2006, 02:32
psone emu on psp would be amazing. n64 is probably the highest cpu speed console we'll get running close to full speed on psp. even a slow psone emu on psp would be awesome :D

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 02:36
I can already play PS1 demos on my PSP :rolleyes:

Tinnus
August 11th, 2006, 02:47
What good is it to run demos? Everyone just wants Final Fantasy 7 :P

(BTW FF7, in the field, should run fullspeed easily as it does in Palm OS and GP2X. However battle is heavy, hehe)

brainpan
August 11th, 2006, 03:14
Today 20:36 Originally posted by $n!pR
I can already play PS1 demos on my PSP

Whats the framerate up to $n!pR? :)

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 03:52
Lol, I dunno...I cant actually DO anything with it cept run demos :D

Cooe14
August 11th, 2006, 03:53
I can already play PS1 demos on my PSP :rolleyes:
How?

Apoklepz
August 11th, 2006, 04:07
Rally de Africa...sure looks like a Ridge Racer clone...was this ever commercial, or is it a homebrew game/demo?

raphabot
August 11th, 2006, 04:10
Rally de Africa...sure looks like a Ridge Racer clone...was this ever commercial, or is it a homebrew game/demo?
it's commercial

ACID
August 11th, 2006, 04:53
This is looking great allready.

Accordion
August 11th, 2006, 14:58
maybe...

Malksta
August 11th, 2006, 15:33
$n!pR got me thinking..

PSPSOne? :D

blueraja
August 11th, 2006, 15:45
psone emu on psp would be amazing. n64 is probably the highest cpu speed console we'll get running close to full speed on psp. even a slow psone emu on psp would be awesome :D

If they can get a n64 emulator running close to full speed, then a ps1 emulator should be easier..it had a 33mhz mips vs the N64's 93mhz risc.

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 15:49
If they can get a n64 emulator running close to full speed, then a ps1 emulator should be easier..it had a 33mhz mips vs the N64's 93mhz risc.
N64 was also 64BIT cart based games where as PSX is 32 disc based.

DPyro
August 11th, 2006, 23:36
BTW this is not PSXP ;)

SpacemanSpiff
August 12th, 2006, 00:48
Maybe this is based on PSPSOne? The source code is still available for anybody to download from PacManFan's server.

blaz3d
August 12th, 2006, 00:50
What good is it to run demos? Everyone just wants Final Fantasy 7 :P

U knows it!

like the rest of the ps1 emus, hope for the best but expect the worst

peace

bopit96
August 12th, 2006, 00:52
hey guys, it seems that you do not have a look on some french sites :

http://www.psp-generation.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2184&mode=&order=0&thold=0

here a few WIP of a new psone emulator made by mysterious people (maybe yoshiro and dark_alex but not sure) the first official release will be on the first september for the first anniversary of the psp

he will give us some videos about the project and the estimations is about 25 fps for pal and 30fps for ntsc with sound emulated

another point : they are working on the project for about 10 days!!! french scene is great guys :)

adit:sry this has just been post ^^

pkmaximum
August 12th, 2006, 02:15
Hmmm Septemeber first is not a long wait at all.... Well I guess it won't kill us to wait till then to find out if its fake or not ^_^, its to bad though I'm one of those "I love N64!" I wasn't a huge fan of the PSX, but still PSX had many amazing games. So I'm definently looking foward to this release, and it has sound so maybe disabling that will give us near full speed too =O

P.S. Still not giving my hopes up though....

Sk8.4.Life
August 12th, 2006, 04:37
I would just like to note that this probably isn't a movie, simply because we would have seen the memory stick light flicker every few seconds. And I just confirmed for myself, that while running emulators, the psp doesn't ping the memory stick like it does during movie viewing. That is definitely the real deal, just nowhere near full speed >.<

StealthCP
August 12th, 2006, 12:52
How do you figure? Did you see the memory stick light? I sure didn't.

There are good reasons why this could easily be real, but if I had made that emu, I would have released a beta EBOOT release by now, just to prove it.. and also a list of coders that are actually working on it - that's why I can't honestly believe it at the minute. It's better to give us a taster and keep us in suspense rather than throw it down our throats in one go.. :s

blueraja
August 12th, 2006, 19:27
I think its better to keep as stealthy as possible, dont announce who you are, dont even release WIP updates, just happily keep to yourselves, take your time and work worry free.

There are too many overly excited kids that think they are owed something that tend to bug the crap out of developers which usually ends in the project being dropped and the developers leaving the scene completely. The emulation graveyard is full of these types of projects most of which died due to lack of self control on the part of the "fans".

Tinnus
August 13th, 2006, 00:45
How do you figure? Did you see the memory stick light? I sure didn't.

There are good reasons why this could easily be real, but if I had made that emu, I would have released a beta EBOOT release by now, just to prove it.. and also a list of coders that are actually working on it - that's why I can't honestly believe it at the minute. It's better to give us a taster and keep us in suspense rather than throw it down our throats in one go.. :s
...and wait for Sony to bit their heads off? I don't think so...

kersplatty
August 13th, 2006, 11:03
the memory stick might flicker with a ps1 emu since its streaming the data. unlike the n64 i think the ps1 reads data str8 of the disk

Tooplex
August 13th, 2006, 14:53
How would you play a ff8 its like 600 mbs for each disk which is like 2400mbs which is 2.4gb if you got a 4 gb memory stick that would take up half your space so how would we play these games with all of them taking up so much space?

infernomax
August 13th, 2006, 15:58
How would you play a ff8 its like 600 mbs for each disk which is like 2400mbs which is 2.4gb if you got a 4 gb memory stick that would take up half your space so how would we play these games with all of them taking up so much space?

Compress with CSO or DAX maybe?

Tinnus
August 13th, 2006, 17:09
the memory stick might flicker with a ps1 emu since its streaming the data. unlike the n64 i think the ps1 reads data str8 of the disk
The stick would flicker while the PS1 would read the cd, ie: at loading times. It doesn't stream data all the time or that would lag the entire thing too much (in the real console).

Um, you don't need to have all 4CDs in there at once. Actually, if you want to how-swap the discs, you only need 2 at a time, and if you can save to the memory card, you only need one (play disc1, save, swap it for disc 2, load from disc 2, etc).

wraggster
August 13th, 2006, 20:44
i personally would like to see psx4all ported to PSP i hear its been leaked too, the source that is,

Tinnus
August 13th, 2006, 23:42
i personally would like to see psx4all ported to PSP i hear its been leaked too, the source that is,
When and where? In any case it must be an old version.

Not that there's something special about our code. What makes psx4all cool is that it's pioneer in all platforms (except PocketPC) and the coders' knowlegde of the PS1 itself. :cool:

pillsbdouboy
August 14th, 2006, 01:01
I think this could possibly be real beacuse i he just out a video on his psp it wouldnt run that slow and whenever he looks likes he pressing somthing the screen reacts so it could possibly be real