PDA

View Full Version : Emule DS?

Mr_Biggs
August 11th, 2006, 02:18
hi, i was wondering if my favorite P2P program, emule, could be ported to the DS. here's the source code:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/source_codes/emule.cfm

i would like it, b/c i have no access to high-speed internet, except for when im out somewhere, and even then it's just Wifi for my DS. i asked dragonminded if it would be possible, but he told me to "go buy a laptop :P" i dont want to spend 1000 dollars on the one i'd like, if my 120 dollar DS can get all the music, movies, software and stuff on the emule network. any thoughts? this would be salvation for dialup users like me, just select a file or however many possible to download, then leave the ds closed, sitting near a WAP. and, if someone could make a simple .zip extractor, those who have flashcarts that run clean dumps could get games on the fly!

brennxn
August 11th, 2006, 03:40
I agree that someone needs to make a zip extractor, but the rest; not so much.

Mr_Biggs
August 28th, 2006, 23:35
ok, i'll ask again. ^up there^im not asking some1 to do this(although it would be sweet), im asking if it's possible.

Junixx
August 29th, 2006, 04:41
I could see it happening, but the transfer rates would be incredibly slow

Habsuno
August 29th, 2006, 09:43
No, it's not possible. The heavy network usage would suck up your battery life. And even if you would reduce the traffic it would result in extremly slow downloads because Emule would be able to manage just a few clients (max. 10) in the queue.

Mr_Biggs
August 29th, 2006, 13:13
ok, thanks. all i needed to hear.