PDA

View Full Version : Kent Paul returns after web holiday

wraggster
August 11th, 2006, 15:09
News from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=144378)

The legendary Vice City resident Kent Paul - he's called Paul and he comes from Kent - has made a welcome return to the world wide web - along with some other beautifully observed spoof websites created by Rockstar Games to augment Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Presumably, the fictional 80s nostalgist from Ramsgate has made a virtual return due to the impending availability of GTA: Vice City Stories for the PSP next month on Oct 17. Whatever the reason, if you're otherwise twiddling your thumbs, you could do a lot worse than visit the Kent Paul site.

You may also find links to another couple of mildly amusing piss-takes from that site. Such as the homepage for the quite literally legendary 80s console the Degenatron, complete with utterly addictive emulations of its three games, all of which involve imaginative combinations of green squares, red squares and - oh the extravagance - blue squares. Perhaps its time to start lobbying for a Degenatron revival on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Delve around and you will additionally find a click-through to Darren's site - which may be spectacularly crap, but a time did exist when sites like this were all over the nascent web. And the original Vice City homepage is also back online, although it seems a tad conventional in comparison with its sister sites.

With Bully approaching, Rockstar Games, after a low-profile period punctuated only by the excellent but disappointingly uncontroversial Table Tennis, is clearly stirring its stumps and preparing for a return to the limelight (or perhaps its usual state of notoriety).

More at the link above

Hungry Horace
August 11th, 2006, 17:32
woo-hoo!

i come from Kent and Kent Paul is classic!

yet another factor that made the original VC the best of the PS2 versions.

wilbur
August 11th, 2006, 22:02
I can't wait for this game.

vice city was by far my favourite GTA game.

could well spell the end for homebrew for me this one.

too lazy to mess about with all this 2.6 eboot loader business and i might have to let go of FW 1.5 for this number

xavier_mike
August 11th, 2006, 22:02
kent paul.....tommy vercetti.....ken rosenburg....ahh good times vice city in my eyes was the best gta game....gta vcs is gonna be wicked....because it has that same factor as vicecity and its gonna be multiplayer and bring back some memorys =D