PDA

View Full Version : ZsnexBox v2.4

wraggster
August 11th, 2006, 15:58
The port of the Snes emulator Zsnes to the Xbox has had an update, heres whats new:

* ZsnexBox now comes with two excellent (Zelda and Metroid) skins to choose from by Neverwill. Be sure to try them both.
* Added an animation to the Metroid skin
* Skin switching supported. Up to 15 skins are supported. Add additional skins to the skins folder. In each folder put a copy of the ZsnexBox.ini that has the correct text/image placement in this folder. It must be named the same as the folder name. For example, the Metroid skin is in the D:skinsMetroid folder and contains a Metroid.ini
* Added more text placement options. Virtually all the text can be adjusted.
* Changed the main menu, controller, and emulator options text to be centered.
* Added a Help/FAQ Menu option. This screen contains information about the use of ZsnexBox as well as an updated FAQ. Please look here "before" posting a question on the forums.
* Added option to adjust the clipping window for the Help text.
* Added a new Help background image for the Help screen
* Tweaked the timing and animation code. The animations now run much smoother.
* Fixed the HD corrupt graphics problem some users were getting. ZsnexBox should display correctly in 720p and 1080i for all Xbox versions (regardless of the dashboard used to launch it)
* Fixed Player 3 and 4 controls
* Added the ability to change the Rombrowser text clipping. The width can now be increased or decreased.
* Created a new menu called GUI Options and moved the Text and Image Options to this menu.
* Added a GUI transition between screens. The fade effect duration can be adjusted
* Added support for a zooming logo/graphic for the rombrowser.
* Fixed a bug where some text was too far to the right in HD modes.
* Fixed the invisible digit bug on the cheat menu in HD modes.
* Changed all GUI images to PNG format. JPG's are no longer supported anywhere. This alone frees up around 4MB of RAM and as a result, all of the previous HQ previews work again. The GUI looks even better as well.
* Changed the "Show ROM Info" option to be off by default.
* Fixed a bug where the Option screen would be dimmed if screen resizing was done outside of the emulation.
* Fixed a bug where the preview border values were not being saved correctly.
* Added a confirmation screen for exiting ZsnexBox.
* Added options to change the zooming logo animations on the main menu and rombrowser. The values that can be changed are minimum size, maximum size, and speed of animation.
* Decreased the amount of time before the rombrowser animation repeats.
* Added option to change the distance the rombrowser animated character moves (if it moves at all). The default value is 100. So a value of 50 would cause it to repeat in half the time.

More Info (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=538923)

JKKDARK
August 11th, 2006, 21:08
amazing news :)

SmashinGit
August 13th, 2006, 04:55
Out of curiosity has anyone tried this? As I haven't got a modded Xbox I was wondering how this performs when compared to the other snes emulator?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 05:55
I don't have this, but still, good news. :)

Hawq
August 14th, 2006, 15:26
Out of curiosity has anyone tried this? As I haven't got a modded Xbox I was wondering how this performs when compared to the other snes emulator?I have & now I barely use the Snes9X port, its fantatstic & just keeps on getting better (a large bonus over the other one which has been domrant for quite some time) as if to prove the point its had a couple of updates yesterday as well, heres the news:
2.5:
Added a higher quality Zelda animation (higher resolution and more frames) to the Zelda skin
Fixed a bug that was causing garbage to be written to the ZsnexBox.ini. Hopefully this will fix the problem some people were getting with changing the skin.
Fixed a savestate loading bug that would cause a crash in Super Mario Kart and Pilotwings.
Added skin previews for the skin selection menu.
Tweaked the GUi a little.
Updated the FAQ
Added the ability to specify exactly how many frames the rombrowser animation is. This can only be set in the ini and not in the GUI. Each skin will only load the exact amount of frames specified. This cuts down on the memory usage for the Metroid and Zelda skins. Animations up to 18 frames are supported.

2.6:
Added support for enabling/disabling all 4 background layers
Added support for enabling/disabling the sprite layer
Added support for enabling/disabling all 8 sound channels.

Note:
There may be an issue (Xbox lockup) loading DSP1 (Super Mario kart, Pilotwings, etc...) savestates generated in previous versions of ZsnexBox
read more here (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=539626)