PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Blog News - Recreation Time

wraggster
August 1st, 2010, 21:17
News via http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en

I have no idea whether any of you is interested in what I write right now - but well, if you are not, don't read up :)

This may not be the Pandora news you're all waiting for. But for me, it's an important event, so I thought it will fit in the devblog here as well.

I'm currently on a short vacation. Only for four days... but it's the first vacation I have since we started the whole project... and boy, this has been a loooong time.

And I guess I really needed it. I didn't think it was that bad, but it looks like I was totally exhausted.
There were so many things I wanted to do during the last few weeks: Finish up Hotfix 4, update the website with more information for developers, write blog posts about what's happening, do Tutorial videos, etc.
Every night I wanted to do it... but I couldn't. Either I just browsed the web because I really wasn't in the mood or I just fell asleep in front of my PC. I was totally out of strength and I was down - and I'm usually one of the guys who's almost always happy :)

I just spent a whole day in Mallorca at the beach - and I'm already feeling my strength coming back to me. I worked on more things for the Hotfix - directly on my Pandora, and I'm finally having fun again doing that!

I can feel how life is flowing back into me. A few more days, and I'm ready again! Ready to solder thousands of LCD cables. Ready to face all problems we may encounter!

I also learnt something else: There's more in life than a Pandora. A lot more. Yes, the nubs caused a bit of a delay and we don't know when production will finally speed up... so what?
The Pandora won't be a worse device because of that.
The board manufacturer as well as the nub company are working together to solve that issue. I'm sure they will find a fix - and once that's done... everything will should speed up!
I'd rather wait one or two weeks longer and have a proper solution, than shipping out as fast as we can and getting back tons of Pandoras because the nubs break.

Everyone who's desperately waiting for the Pandora now and starts to shout and cry because it takes a few weeks more: Get a break! It really helped me. And it helped Gruso (a long-term and nice member of gp32x.com), too.
It's really relaxing - and suddenly you realize: The Pandora really is a unique and cool device. And it will still be unique and cool when you get it. You can still play emulators and native games. You can still surf the web with FireFox or Chromium. It will still be open.

Well, so much for day one here directly from my hotel room.
Maybe I'll write some more tomorrow.

And when I'm back next Wednesday, I'm most probably back with full strength - doing all the things I wanted to do weeks ago. And give you more real updates about where the rest of the Pandoras are.

Last but not least, I took a little picture at the beach. Nothing special, but fans of classic games might smile a bit :)