PDA

View Full Version : Editor of the Official PlayStation Magazine to Buy a 360 and Not a PS3

wraggster
August 12th, 2006, 18:29
One of the editors of the official playstation mag cant justify buying a PS3:

Contrary to popular belief, editors of the Official PlayStation Magazine don't get free hardware for their own personal use. So I've been having an ongoing debate with myself about the PS3 since E3. After Kaz announced that the price would be $600, I found my enthusiasm sagging.

So ultimately, I can't justify it. $600 is a lot of money, especially when I can get what--for me at least--will be a very similar experience for $400. I would like to own a PS3, and I hope that the price drops soon so I can consider it. But until then, this Official PlayStation Magazine editor will have to join the dark side.

Looks bad for Sony if editors of the official mag cant justify a PS3

NoQuarter
August 12th, 2006, 18:51
Wow,this looks really bad for sony as far as ps3
publicity is concerned

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 18:52
wow. this sux for sony. has it gone this far that sony staff is buying other game consoles from other companies instead of theirs?

NoQuarter
August 12th, 2006, 19:02
wii,wii
Looks like some sony execs will be wishing they gave him a ps3,while they look for new jobs

ninja9393
August 12th, 2006, 19:19
well i am getting the wii for 3 reasons

-$250.00 price point

-it looks pure fun

- and i cant affored the ps3

NoQuarter
August 12th, 2006, 19:26
Even as irritated with sony as I am I still want a ps3,pretty much for tekken6 and metal gear 4.
That is unless they really do something to peev me.I'm definitly getting a wii though and another ds.If it wasn't for homebrew and tekken dr I would trade in my psp.Homebrew is probably the main reason I never plan on doing that:)

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 19:28
me too pretty much :) homebrew is the best. it always beats sony :)

NoQuarter
August 12th, 2006, 19:51
I wonder if this puts the editors job at risk,he must be pretty unhappy to publicly state this.

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 19:53
i dont think it puts his job at risk. it will piss noy off badly though...:o

muffinman
August 12th, 2006, 19:59
the editor of playstation magazine would be surely be getting paid enough to buy all consoles.
tight assed git :p

DON101
August 12th, 2006, 20:15

DON101
August 12th, 2006, 20:16
sorry bout dat..dats a rage for sony if officials are giving up on it.. .

SSaxdude
August 12th, 2006, 20:21
What next? Tom Cruise buys a bible?

SmashinGit
August 12th, 2006, 20:29
This is so funny, I find it hard to believe.

Video_freak
August 12th, 2006, 20:33
maybe hes trying to get himslef fired so gets more $$$ than if he quit?

MasterChafed
August 13th, 2006, 09:44
man, things looking grim already, most of the younger kids will be getting wii's this christmas, most avid gamers will either get a wii or a 360 and it would seem only the most hardcore of gamers and sony fanboys will be getting the ps3. Odds are, most harcore gamers will stack their options and get bot wii and 360 then the ps3, just for sheer value. Sorry sony, but ur about to lose, that sux.

motz
August 13th, 2006, 13:59
the editor of playstation magazine would be surely be getting paid enough to buy all consoles.
tight assed git :p
lol, I'd think so too. :D

muffinman
August 13th, 2006, 14:39
man, things looking grim already, most of the younger kids will be getting wii's this christmas, most avid gamers will either get a wii or a 360 and it would seem only the most hardcore of gamers and sony fanboys will be getting the ps3. Odds are, most harcore gamers will stack their options and get bot wii and 360 then the ps3, just for sheer value. Sorry sony, but ur about to lose, that sux.

i wonder if this is xbox fan boy talk looking at your name.

anyways so many know about the ps3 and so few about the wii in comoparison if you ask the mass market (aka not people who bother reading game forums etc)
So i believe the ps3 will outsell the 360 and the wii atleast at christmas :p

edit: glad you agree motz

SSaxdude
August 13th, 2006, 14:53
I think it's not the price for him why the editor isn't buying a PS3, but since the price is high for most people it might not sell as well.

Cap'n 1time
August 13th, 2006, 16:00
I think it's not the price for him why the editor isn't buying a PS3, but since the price is high for most people it might not sell as well.

Price indeed seems to be the greatest fear of most consumers. It is a heavy price tag, but concidering what you get (according to sony, who likes to change things at the last moment for the bad) its not exactly that demanding of a price...

On the other hand, they are using linux's good name to try to sell a console... what they dont seem to realize is that the linux people are completely against turning their OS into some commercial... thing. I am fairly certain sony will not be an "open console" (hence the pricey official dev kit) like the game park family which has done quite well in the linux community. In other words the only thing proclaiming "OH MY GOD IT HAS LINUX!" did was turn more people away, and maybe grasp the attention of some people new to the linux community (and maybe the people that think commercial redhat was a good idea). sorry sony, but a linux kernel and limited system software dosnt exactly turn us on.

stotheamuel
August 13th, 2006, 20:00
Odds are, most harcore gamers will stack their options and get bot wii and 360 .

The most hardcore gamers already have a 360:p
-----------------------------------------------------------
And he can't legally be fired for that... if they thought of some other bs reason they would

At muffinman:

I know everyone i say im getting a wii to.... they say wii? i say yeah.. i explain...."that sounds gay, Im getting a ps3"

atleast 20 people... and no-one i know except one who watches g4.... heard of it.... and he still doesnt want it

I know a guy who is 18 and is saving up for a ps3.. instead of a car.

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 20:35
Yeah your right 1timeuser,I'm starting to want one less and less....
Linux is all about the free and open source community,sony is not.I'm still kinda peeved I can't put linux on a ps2 without a $200 kit.Unless I wanted to break some laws, which I don't.
With this whole firmware fiasco and everything my confidence in sony is gone.I shoulda stayed a nintendo fanboy.

muffinman
August 16th, 2006, 22:48
stotheamuel indeed People do just say the wii sounds "gay". However most of the people who say they are going to buy a wii i know in person know so little about the consoles usually. One of them told me yesterday the ps3 wouldnt be online.

anyways its so funny some of the things they stated as if fact. i mearly laughed and corrected them.

Ps3 and the wii perfect match :p