PDA

View Full Version : IR Keyboard for PSP

mavsman4457
August 13th, 2006, 00:04
A certain programmer has gotten a Pocket PC/Palm keyboard to work with the PSP. Sorry for the bad translation, it's just google.

"The pseudo one of this developer is Tundrwd. It has, starting from work of Vanya Sergeev (creative of the program irdacapture), carried out a driver allowing the use of a PocketTop keyboard (Micro Innovations), normally reserved the PDA, to function on a PSP 1.5.

Characteristics

Dimensions closed 1.43 X 8.2 X 11.7 cm

Dimensions open 95 X 8.2 X 23.0 cm

Weight 120 grams

Keyboard in QWERTY

A standard pile 1.5V “AAA”

Lifespan of the battery: 3 months

Keyboard with 4 keys shortened

9 keys configurable

Temperature of ranging use between 0 and 50 ºC"

That is from psp-generation.com

I have always been waiting for a keyboard for the PSP but the only problem is that if we want to use this then programmers or Links or AFKIM are going to have to reprogram their applications to get input from this keyboard. So this is going to have to be well known and easily implemented into homebrew in order to have significance.

Cooe14
August 13th, 2006, 01:02
Sweet! I have been waiting for this for forever!

mavsman4457
August 13th, 2006, 16:24
Also good news is that the keyboard is selling for $7 dollars after shipping on ebay.

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 16:30
This is awesome, I can't wait to see the things that come from this development!!!!!:)

HellsPlumber
August 13th, 2006, 18:55
Would you be able to use this with the webbrowser using devhook? You said 1.5 but baybe...?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 18:59
This awesome news! Once again "hackers" have to make up for what Sony doesn't bring us in the XMB...

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 19:05
Got that right!I just hope we see a release of linux soon to go with this.In fact I might just submit it to the psp-linux mailing list....

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 19:06
PSP-linux would be awesome. They could probably incorporate this iR keyboard with it :)

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 19:15
It was mentioned in the psp-linux developers digest that they were looking for keyboard support.I just submitted mention of this development:)