PDA

View Full Version : First post in years

Tetris999
August 8th, 2010, 10:46
Well, I've been going through my nostalgia phase in my life and i came across a familiar name that i remembered way back, dcemu.

First forum i ever joined, which was when i was 13 years old trying to find a way how to "backup" games on my psp. Now, I'm 18 and going onto university and am now pursuing a science bachelors with good hopes that i can get into med school.

It's strange, I've been looking at my old posts and all the grammatical and redundant ways i would write my posts are just so...stupid in my eyes.

I don't know what or how i was able to write some of my drivel, but i guess that's something that comes from being a 13 year old with a computer; we can all be very different people in our lives (or maybe i was just acting like any other stupid kid) and change into individuals that are very different in the future.

I don't know, i just find this all funny to be returning right now; but i guess a yearly hello is something that would be fun to do once in awhile?

How are all of you?

P.S. So why did i post this in the junk forum? Eh, too lazy atm to find the correct forum; so i'm posting in the forum that created SO MUCH DRAMAH (and illicits the most memories to me) to the point it had to be shut down. Oh how i remember these things...

BlueCrab
August 8th, 2010, 16:17
P.S. So why did i post this in the junk forum? Eh, too lazy atm to find the correct forum; so i'm posting in the forum that created SO MUCH DRAMAH (and illicits the most memories to me) to the point it had to be shut down. Oh how i remember these things...
Moved one level up the hierarchy, where I think it belongs.

Good luck with your university studies. Take it from someone who's in Graduate School pursuing a master's degree now, they can get annoying at times, but its all worth it in the end.

Shrygue
August 10th, 2010, 00:24
My man Tetris999, it's been a long time and you've changed some seeing your post. I bid you good luck with your studies and hope you pass with flying colours!

These days the console homebrew scene has slowed down some since you were around last time back in the day but there's still the odd release of something now and then. Oh and also the site here has been going down for no reason periodically, one thinks it's time to go about how to fix the problem.

As for me, I'm okay. I'm just about scraping by and managing to hold a job. It's temporary so I'll soon be needing to look elsewhere but it'll do for now. Bette doing something and getting paid the minimum wage than nothing at all.

gunntims0103
August 11th, 2010, 05:40
I lurk from blue moon to blue moon, I'm not online as much as I use to be.

Definitely want to get a new PSP though, Ive been a bit out of touch with things so when I do hopefully someone will be there for the assist on some information =P

NoQuarter
August 11th, 2010, 06:34
Sniff...

You guys make me nostalgic, hope everybody is doing well and good luck with university tetris999. I've been a Damn stagehand for the past 5 years and I'm gettin kinda tired of it, seems like less and less work.

On a happy note, I got my most recent project working today :-)
Screenless psp slim wired into my streetfighter 4 se fightstick. It works great!. Unfortunately I don't have a soldering iron, eh had to use other methods...
Works great though, amazing what lots of electrical tape and ingenuity will do.

gunntims0103
August 11th, 2010, 21:14
I take it CFW's are still being released right, I haven't been following the scene much.

Shrygue, I know your up on your stuff, you better help me when the time comes :cool:

splodger15
August 23rd, 2010, 14:51
Yo yo yo

It's my first post in a while damm , Gunntims0103 bro long time no speak man how you been?

Tetris I'm off to uni as well this september where about's you going?

ExcruciationX
September 18th, 2010, 00:59
lol

I don't even want to read past the first page of my earlier posts; they're so f*cking stupid and naive. Surprised you guys put up with me actually (well, some of you).

Luckily I've... matured past that stage and can actually hold a rational, thoughtful discussion with someone now.

lmtlmt
September 19th, 2010, 10:32
I too look back on my old posts and think...what an idiot! I was so stupid back then...

Kaiser
September 20th, 2010, 23:12
My writing on this forum has marginally improved. I only edit my posts fifty times now instead of a hundred.

Good to see some of you guys are still lurking at least. :)

acn010
December 23rd, 2010, 05:55
moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kcajblue
December 23rd, 2010, 07:50
I'm sure we all think our old posts look stupid when we look back at them.
I know I do. Haha.
I can't even type the way I used to. I don't even know how I did that. It looks so ugly. Lol.

Malksta
December 27th, 2010, 19:51
Man, I remember every single person who posted in this thread.

Ah, the good old days.

acn010
December 29th, 2010, 05:37
Yup, the old days... O miss them..

VampDude
December 29th, 2010, 07:03
Yup, the old days... O miss them..

You miss JKKDARK... :rofl:

No idea why she/he/she/he/he/she/something didn't come back? :p

Kaiser
December 29th, 2010, 09:54
Yeah whatever happened to "her?"

She isn't on the .org either anymore.

acn010
January 1st, 2011, 17:16
JKKDARK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3fte6KPSs

http://www.facebook.com/hairmetal

LMAO!!! Ah the internet is awesome XD

VampDude
January 2nd, 2011, 09:52
JKKDARK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y3fte6KPSs

http://www.facebook.com/hairmetal

LMAO!!! Ah the internet is awesome XD

Hah, the facebook link...

I blocked his facebook when he sent me a friend request back in '08. :rofl:

acn010
January 2nd, 2011, 10:01
wow lol

ICE
January 27th, 2011, 04:17
Why on earth would anyone look up jkkdark?

Kaiser
January 27th, 2011, 07:25
I always thought he was quite comical after he calmed down a bit in his first few months of posting.

acn010
February 7th, 2011, 08:46
Why on earth would anyone look up jkkdark?

because he is a bundle of glam metal joyness and easy to laugh at.

Cloudhunter
February 9th, 2011, 13:46
Wow, talk about a blast from the past. Nice to see lots of people still lurk.

When I joined this forum I was in college. I now work and I'm married and have a 2 month old daughter. Time flies!

zailer
February 9th, 2011, 17:41
i too cant find an intro section ... still searching ... :)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 9th, 2011, 17:48
Wow, this really is a blast from the past. Same as tetris:

I joined this when I was 13, and it was the first forum I ever joined. I'm 18 now and a senior in high school, getting ready to start college next year. I remember a bunch of these names. Anyone remember Videofreak?

Oh and for the record: NO. I do not like Avenged Sevenfold anymore haha. My original name back in the day was "psp_iz_my_system." Oh lord.

Kaiser
February 9th, 2011, 18:40
I certainly remember Video Freak,

Also did you want a new name then? heh

i too cant find an intro section ... still searching ...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/threads/283855-The-Introduction-Thread/page124

Is this what you're looking for or do you need help with something else?

Shrygue
February 9th, 2011, 19:03
Yay, some more old names I remember! Come lurkers and old regulars alike, join us!

acn010
February 9th, 2011, 23:59
do you guys remeber me?? ;)

Kaiser
February 10th, 2011, 03:38
Never heard of you actually which is surprising since you have more posts than myself. ;)

wink wink

fbogus
February 10th, 2011, 11:12
ditto

acn010
February 14th, 2011, 07:18
im i that really unknown????

*goes to a corner and cuts self in agony!*

Accordion
April 9th, 2011, 00:36
Recieving my Pandora made me think of here…

Memories of a better time
Innocence fared well yet still left

Thankyou bullhead, and shadowprophet and many more.

Triv1um
June 18th, 2011, 02:02
This place has changed so much, no-one will remember me but I recognise a lot of names. Full-on nostalgic.

Hope everyone is doing good :)

Shrygue
June 18th, 2011, 09:15
I remember you and I'm doing fine here. I got me some part time work for the summer. Not much and pay isn't the best but it'll do for now.

cal360
June 19th, 2011, 14:02
How things change, strangely I do recognize you all. I may not be as much remembered though. It does show you how everyone changes over time, I even cringe when I look at my original posts which were originally made when I was fourteen, I'm now nineteen and a software developer.

I wish I was able to program back when the PSP scene was quite active, it'd have been nice to actually contribute something.

ninja9393
June 22nd, 2011, 07:11
I remember coming here everyday, it was pretty awesome with the psp scene as active as it was back then. But it is cool to see some old names posting on this thread being all nostalgic.

namy_90
June 22nd, 2011, 22:49
im also suprised to see my old e-mail account and had e-mail that i register with this forum, then i sign in with usual user and password wala..
Its been 3 years since im here hahaha...:cool:

bullhead
January 18th, 2012, 12:17
Just checked into this site today and came across this old post. The psp homebrew scene feels like such a long time ago. Nostalgia for a gaming forum... We truly are the bastard sons of a mixed generation. Nice to see some of the old faces in this post. Wee angels.

Bullhead, x.

Shrygue
January 18th, 2012, 13:10
Well well, long time no see bullhead. It's good to see you're still around these days. A lot a changed and there's isn't much activity here anymore. Most of the old school folks have gone ages ago. Still you'll find a few come back now and then for a quick visit.