PDA

View Full Version : PSP games online

mickmos
August 13th, 2006, 00:33
Can psp's be played online with people around the world. If so do u have to know there ip address or something or do u just go into a lobby and you select for a list of games that you want to join ( Like compute games do.) Also if you can do this what do u need to set it up, if anyone has a link to a tutorial that would be appreceated
Thanks.

blackrave
August 13th, 2006, 00:43
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals - Fire Team Bravo is a great game online, I've heard. Especially with a headset and 16 players. Haven't tried it, though.

Any other games you can play online?

SSaxdude
August 13th, 2006, 01:08
I tried Outrun online. It works but nobody is ever on.

fistikuffs
August 13th, 2006, 01:15
Unfortunately as far as i know most games only support ad hoc wireless game play which is basically people near or around you. check the game manual to see if it supports infrastructure multi player. if so the game should handle as long as you can connect your psp to a wireless router

Giles
August 14th, 2006, 09:16
I am also curious about this.

Do you need the original game to play online, with SOCOM for example, I know people have their own Alias, much like a "GamerTag".

Also, what sort of network do you need for lag free games, do you need any software running on your 'puter?

Also, if anyone wants to try tunnedling their PSP it is compatible with:

http://teamxlink.co.uk

bullhead
August 14th, 2006, 12:37
You need a wireless connection and the game. thats all