PDA

View Full Version : Windows can't recognize USB device.

blackrave
August 13th, 2006, 00:36
Hi. When I connect my PSP to the computer, a popup in the right corner says "Windows can't recognize this USB device".
This happened tonight just suddenly. I've tried it on two computers with the same result. I don't know what could've caused it. Does anyone know what's wrong? And if I return it to the insurance company, will they upgrade the firmware, because I want to keep my 1.50.

Thanks for all answers! :)

fistikuffs
August 13th, 2006, 01:11
Have you used the USB before with no problems? Have you tried other USB devices and do they work ok? The problem could be with your PC. What OS are you running on your PC as Windows 98 won't recognise the PSP?

Alternatively you could try format your mem stick however don't try this if you have stuff on the mem stick you want to keep as i am in no way sure that this will work and you could delete your data for no good reason. so try a few other options first

under_0ath777
August 13th, 2006, 03:38
click on it, uninstall the drive, then plug it in, it auto installs, reset computer

problem with old usb drives, need 2.0 on 2.0 not 2.0 on 1.0

blackrave
August 13th, 2006, 14:48
Thank you for good answers!
I'm running XP on both PCs. Today, I tried it on a third computer with XP (and USB 1.1) and it worked! The strange thing is that now it works on the one of those it didn't work on yesterday. Then I remembered that I tried to install a USB VOIP modem yesterday. Might have something to do with that? Anyway, it's working now. Thanks again. I like this forum. :)

under_0ath777
August 14th, 2006, 01:19
i do too :D

Gene
August 14th, 2006, 19:59
true dat