PDA

View Full Version : is this Legal?

CampaKaze
August 13th, 2006, 03:20
Okay, well i was lookin at the Vote for next DS port homebrew thingy that alot of people are posting in and some people sed Diablo (i have no idea why people are saying games like that, they arent even listed) but i began to think... waiiiit, diablo is pretty old, is it possible to put on DS anyways? I played diablo for a long long time.. i was addicted to it >.> but if someone were too port it is it illegal, but i mean if you own a copy of the game on a CD would that make it legal? well thanks in advance for info and lol if it is legal someone do it, unless it has been done already :P but there already were rumours a long time ago that D2 was gonna go on DS/PSP but i think those arent gonna happen as much as i want it to

Junixx
August 13th, 2006, 04:16
Well i don't think Diablo could be ported anyway, even if the DS had enough power, there is no source code for it, but usually (i think) ports are legal, because you must supply your own original data files, such as for DS Doom, you needed Doom.wad for it to*work, Hexen and Heretic also work this way

CampaKaze
August 13th, 2006, 05:09
Hm.. k but what is a Source Code? i hope theres no faq about it i missed >.>

Junixx
August 13th, 2006, 06:09
Since im too lazy to write it out, heres a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 06:12
Since im too lazy to write it out, heres a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_code
i feel EXACTLY the same sometimes :)

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 06:21
Any time you do a port you are rerighting the data so thats ok.

PSPdemon
August 13th, 2006, 07:15
anyone want to help me code it?

I was thinking about doing this acualy 4 months ago... did a bit on the gfx so i could see what it would look like on the psp and it look really nice......but unfortunately....NO CODER.... lol......

but if anyone is willing to help me work on it.......i wouldnt mind setting aside other stuf to get it accomplished...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

( PS. good ol days with diablo.....even remember the potion dupe trick in diablo 1 :D and love diablo 2.... good games )