PDA

View Full Version : Why people help more in the PSP forum vs The NDS forum

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 08:55
Ok im not looking for arguments or flaming with each other. Its just a simple question i need to know what people think. Mi experience ihas been when i need help in the PSP forum everybody gives you help or atleast an onest opinion. Now in the NDS forum you can post and ask for help till your blue and maibe one person answers.

Now mi question is. Is it because the seen is small or lack of knowledge. Eather way im trying to learn homebrew with the NDS and had to search in other webs for help.

I see they open a new thread and in a weeks time maibe 3 people if that answer un like the psp seen where you mai get 50 and up in one week.

I ask this because i think the NDS is a worthy handheld and it thoesent look like it here.

Tell me what you guys think.

pokothehobo
August 13th, 2006, 09:00
i think its just because the psp scene is bigger so there is more people to help you out. ive noticed the same thing...

Kramer
August 13th, 2006, 09:01
Its just because there is more people in the psp scene compared to the ds scene. If i knew anything about the ds i would help them out

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 09:04
Thats what i asumed so in the last two weeks i have learnd a lot just by reaserch and now have what i call a pimped up NDS Lite with a 1GB NinjaPass & Supercard Lite. Now the 50 plus games i own can go with me everywhere instead of carrying them around./

Uruz 6
August 13th, 2006, 09:56
i think its just because the psp scene is bigger so there is more people to help you out.

I guess it's only natural since the psp is a good homebrew machine and the DS (with all due respect) is far from reaching this level (meaning less people in the scene and less activity in the sites).

acn010
August 13th, 2006, 11:13
the psp is almost like a pentium 2 computer

donne
August 13th, 2006, 11:13
Oh ? I think DS-owner were happy and busy with their system and its available games so homebrew scene were only secondary.. Whereas PSP.. well, you know.. :D

ACID
August 13th, 2006, 11:17
donne i agree the PSP comertial games are reale lacking compare to NDS. Dont get me wrong the PSP does have some great games just not a lot of them.

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 20:29
Yes, the PSP commercial scene is preety bad...
I don't help people with DS homebrew simply because I've never used it. I know all about the PSP homebrew though....

Tetris999
August 13th, 2006, 20:54
no the ds scene doesnt really have things that get your attention because the homebrew is shall we say LIMITED and i think people have the ds homebrewed to its peak but the psp scene has custom firmwares, emulators, games, applications, still waiting to come out and thus is a more attractive scene rather than the ds (OH WOW THEY HAVE AN SNES EMULATOR YAY! 'boring!')

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 21:07
Well guys I'm gonna need that help on pimping my friends DS out(and mine when I get it).Would you be willing to help acidburn?

yaustar
August 13th, 2006, 22:40
You probably be better off going to a more 'busy' forum for the DS. For example, few people post in the GP2X section here but at http://gp32x.com, there are a ton of memebers and posters to help out.

NoQuarter
August 13th, 2006, 23:45
Thanx for the advice yaustar:)

calebg
August 14th, 2006, 01:07
silly rabbit ds is for children just kidding