PDA

View Full Version : Help with Devhook

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 22:57
I had devhook running on my PSP and then my Lumines ISO messed up. I have tried reinstalling it and now I get to Devhook, choose a iso and then run it at the correct settings and my PSP screen goes black and then turns off. I put the PSP folder in and the DH one and I ran the firmware installer for v1.5 which is what I have. What am I doing wrong?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 22:59
Sorry. No ISO discussion on DCEmu. We're legal.

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:09
Ok, well I tried it with just a basic UMD I have, GTA, to try and emulate the firmware. It did the same thing. Any idea what's going on?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:11
Do you have the firmware dumps in that DH folder in the root of your memory stick?

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:12
Firmware dumps? I just put the DH folder on the root of the Memory stick. Is there something else I need to do?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:13
Inside the DH folder, there should be folders with firmware numbers. Inside those folders, there should be at least like 5 MB of information.

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:15
I have the folders with the numbers on them. In each one is a notepad and another flash folder with some more notepads in it. Is that right?

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:17
No, you need to find the full pack of devhook, which is illegal and not on DCEmu. Give me your email and i'll link you ;)

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:18
[email protected] Thanks.

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:21
It's sent. ;)

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:31
Cheers mate, it's downloading now. Hope it works. I'll let you know if anything else goes wrong. Thanks a bunch. Awesome sig by the way.

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:32
Thanks, its my NES :D
No prob for the help, we're all brothers and sisters on DCEmu (there just happen to be a lot more dudes...)

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:35
Hahaha so true. Also messing with R7 pretty sweet, if it increases again like this then its going to be up to full speed next update!

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:38
Yes, Daedalus kicks ass. I hope you manage to get your UMD's running with Devhook ;)

tzp2gameknight
August 13th, 2006, 23:47
Its running beautifully, thank you so much!

Video_freak
August 13th, 2006, 23:48
Your welcome man! Knowing everything is working is enough of a reward for helping you out! ;)

SSaxdude
August 14th, 2006, 02:42
Sorry. No ISO discussion on DCEmu. We're legal.
Well it's 100% legal to make dumps of your own game.

tallica
August 14th, 2006, 03:11
i think in some countries its ilegal isnt it?

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 04:04
Well it's 100% legal to make dumps of your own game.
Ya, but it's too closly linked to piracy. Those couldn't be the dumps of his games, but just downloaded stuff...

tzp2gameknight
August 14th, 2006, 08:24
Yea in my case I was actually trying to run a legit iso but I understood. So I tried running my GTA UMD and it didn't work. So then I got help. It works well and now I can still play my homebrew and new games, *tear*, its like a dream come true!

Maxdamantus
August 14th, 2006, 09:06
Hahaha so true. Also messing with R7 pretty sweet, if it increases again like this then its going to be up to full speed next update!

You can pretty much run up to 2.71 on full speed, just open iRshell, set the CPU speed in iRshell to 333Mhz, then press square until you go into the memory stick directory (Devhook doesn't seem to show up in "Homebrew"), then browse for Devhook, the one starting with the underscores, start up eboot in there, set the Speed to 333Mhz, with other normal settings, and should boot up at 333Mhz.

dejkirkby
August 14th, 2006, 09:14
You can pretty much run up to 2.71 on full speed, just open iRshell, set the CPU speed in iRshell to 333Mhz, then press square until you go into the memory stick directory (Devhook doesn't seem to show up in "Homebrew"), then browse for Devhook, the one starting with the underscores, start up eboot in there, set the Speed to 333Mhz, with other normal settings, and should boot up at 333Mhz.
Thanks for the help dude, but i think he was talking about the R7 release of the N64 emu, Daedulus

ACID
August 14th, 2006, 10:20
I had devhook running on my PSP and then my Lumines ISO messed up. I have tried reinstalling it and now I get to Devhook, choose a iso and then run it at the correct settings and my PSP screen goes black and then turns off. I put the PSP folder in and the DH one and I ran the firmware installer for v1.5 which is what I have. What am I doing wrong?
There should be no talk of isos here