PDA

View Full Version : how do you tell if something is a bricker?

Joel92
August 14th, 2006, 22:41
first off.. is a bricker like a virus or something? whats it do to your ds? how do you get rid of them? how can i tell if something i am downloading for my ds is a bricker?

Quay Cur
August 14th, 2006, 23:03
http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DS_Bricker

Video_freak
August 14th, 2006, 23:53
thanks for the info Quay Cur ;)

chemical
August 15th, 2006, 00:33
What I'd like to know is how common is fader or anyones bricker now?, i havent heard about any in a while but it still kind of scares me.

cloud_952
August 15th, 2006, 01:03
From what I heard, it's incredibly difficult to find, even if you're looking for it. O_o So, getting your DS bricked is pretty unlikely, especially if you only download programs hosted on legit sites (such as DCEMU). If you're really worried, flash your DS so you can recover it if everything goes wrong. That way the worst thing that can happen is you'll suffer a minor hassle. ^^

ACID
August 15th, 2006, 05:06
i agree with you cloud 952

Junixx
August 15th, 2006, 05:22
Yea it's pretty rare that you will find a bricker, im glad i flashed my DS though cause now i dont need that horrible old superkey that got chewed up by my dog and amazingly still worked...anyway flahsing a DS is not as hard as i thought it would be, its very easy

chemical
August 15th, 2006, 12:10
Is there any risks to it?, i've never looked into flashing it before but i think i will now.

Junixx
August 15th, 2006, 15:47
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27420

Theres a couple videos on how to do it, there is a risk of bricking when you flash it though if it loses power, but if you have an AC adapter plugged into it, thats not a problem

cloud_952
August 15th, 2006, 21:17
I'd really suggest that you flash your DS. It means you don't need to deal with the passkey/passcard anymore, and it's nice to have if you actually do run across the bricking program (though I still highly doubt that's likely in the least). It's not that hard, though it is a bit stressful at the time when you notice the numbers pause. Just keep with it and press around until you short the proper point and you're fine. ^^

demondude777
August 15th, 2006, 22:12
I am using the m3 sd movie player....is there anyproblem with flashing still or does it have to be a certian memory cart?

I also am using the Passkey 1 -DS is a little old too