PDA

View Full Version : SNES-Station v0.2.4 USB - The Super-Nintendo Emulator for PS2

wraggster
August 16th, 2006, 01:18
Megaman (http://people.freenet.de/ps2dev/) has released a new version of the Snes emulator for the PS2 that can support loading via USB Sticks and memory cards.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mavsman4457
August 16th, 2006, 02:14
Ahhhh, you meant to say PS2 in that post right? I have Action Replay MAX but I do not have a mod chip. Will this work for me?

wraggster
August 16th, 2006, 02:17
not sure, maybe if you had the maxevo thing it would

i fixed my typo too :D

mavsman4457
August 16th, 2006, 04:36
It does not work using just Action Replay Max EVO even when I changed the name to autoexec (that's what the genesis emulator is named). I am about to try the new Pgen though. Hopefully that will work since the preinstalled emulator is Pgen.

Dutt
August 16th, 2006, 08:48
How Can i get this to load with HDLoader?

Any help would b great guys..

StealthCP
August 17th, 2006, 11:30
Dutt: Turn the disc into an iso.

Instead of having to use HDLoader, could we not add HDD support to SNES_Station?

Dutt
August 17th, 2006, 14:15
I tryed that Stealth but it could not find the ROMs..mayb this new version will find them off my USB stick...But thanks man il try this..

JKKDARK
August 17th, 2006, 18:47
great news :D

Dutt
August 18th, 2006, 15:56
Hay Stealth i cant get this to work. Can u please tell me what files i need to make thi iso file for HDLoader...
Eg. i have
SNES_EMU.ELF
SYSTEM.CNF <- i may have this set wrong i dont know.. or mayb im not doing it right to start with?

can u or anyone help? thanks in advance..

clasico
August 19th, 2006, 14:55
may be increbible for players like me !!!

pacmania2006
August 19th, 2006, 21:39
I want to try this, but I only have USB extreme to boot homebrew from.
How do I turn the ELF file into an ISO?

Sabetha
August 22nd, 2006, 05:12
hey i have a problem it runs the game off my usb but it wont let me push any buttons. like it works but when i push start it didnt work

Sabetha
August 22nd, 2006, 06:31
i realy wanna play this game ( i have the origonal cartridge) but the controller wont work after the game starts but the music and the demo is still playing please help.

RamHead56
August 25th, 2006, 23:49
I am having the same problem. The controller works fine when selecting a ROM, but when the ROM loads the controller no longer responds and I can't play the game. Any suggestions, or is my PS2 just not compatible with snes station? I have one of the first batch of PS2s sold in US.

darknight88
August 27th, 2006, 02:48
hello im new here(well first post) but anyways i have this i think and i put it on my hdd partition, boot it up and load snes games off my psp through USB mode..i love it!the only problem is that some games dont show up or it may crash at emulator menu.its great though, props to the maker of this!

Dutt
August 27th, 2006, 12:15
Darknight-
How did u run it off your hdd?
Can u please tell me how u got it to run?
thanks..

darknight88
August 27th, 2006, 19:10
ok well the elf file that i have is called "snes_emu.elf" so im not sure if its the one in this thread. i dont know how to upload the the file so i dont think i can help but all i do is put it in HDD partition and boot it up using elf launcher 3.4(just like HDloader.8b) and from the snes emu menu, i chose usb and it reads my psp(through mini usb) and chose the directary where my roms are and it works fine.

***just checked and this is the same elf file i have from this site.

**all you do is place it somewhere in your HDD partitions(i have a "rom" partition where i put roms and and other elfs files)so then i make a shortcut with lauchelf and boot it from it.make sure you change your settings on the snes menu for your tv(ntsc/pal) also not all roms work(they work fine on psp snes emu but not on ps2 snes emu)like i will get sound on kirby but black screen....others may crash or if you have pal region roms, the screen rolls(i live in USA)

hope this helps...also i didnt make an iso, i just use the elf file straight from my ps2 hdd and play roms using psp through usb mode.theres a HDD compatable snes emu out now but i read its unstable or something so i havent tryed that.

Magician45
August 29th, 2006, 23:36
So to make this work ya need both the hard drive and a usb stick? I dont think a removable harddrive would work right? lets say a Mp3 player? Hmm well ill be waiting for a response

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i have a Modded Slim ps2.

darknight88
September 3rd, 2006, 20:41
sorry i didnt reply back.

*well im not sure you can use an mp3 player since i dont have one(i think an ipod might work then yes mp3 playes too)all you need is to be able to make directaries/folders in that mp3 player so you can put the elf file and roms there.try it, i would but i dont have my psp available at the moment.

***also do you use launchElf?i think thats used with an HDD like i do, so if you dont have an hdd, do you still use launchelf?(to boot elf files)thats the main thing you need ------> if you dont i think you have to make an iso with the emualtor(look for tutorials) and then, use the usb funtion with your mp3 player(or psp like me) to boot up the roms...i hope i make sense.

Magician45
September 5th, 2006, 00:19
So you say that i can use a removal Hard drive such as (a mp3 player or psp or memory stick) to load roms only or can i put the elf file and the roms in the "removable HD" and play it from there?

And by HDD i meant the hard drive that came with ffx. I dont have that one neither do i think it would work or fit in my slim ps2 :P.

Well if i read right then i will try something. I would like to know if theres any risk on putting a Usb mp3 player with those files on the ps2. Like will it give it a malfunction or anything like that?

Edit: so Um i have to convert the Elf into an Iso and put that into the usb hd along with the roms and thats it?

Edit: also what do you mean by making an iso with the emulator in it? I got a couple of extra questions

1. Is it the same as making a Dc emu image?
2. do i need to change the .elf to .exe?
3. If you can point me in the direction of where to head that be awsome.

Thanks in advance

Phalk
September 7th, 2006, 18:28
Well... I think the USB Driver that's used on this version is a bit old... My pen drive doesn't work with.
I got the SNES-Station src's someway, then I've tried to update the usb driver, but I couldn't compile it on DEV-CPP. =|
Anyway, could the developer update these drivers? =o
My pen just freezes when I select to open. (PGEN and uLauncherElf recognize it, that's because I think the driver's old. =o)

Thanks

Dutt
September 10th, 2006, 02:15
ok thanks darknight ill try that mate..

darknight88
September 10th, 2006, 05:48
So you say that i can use a removal Hard drive such as (a mp3 player or psp or memory stick) to load roms only or can i put the elf file and the roms in the "removable HD" and play it from there?

i believe so but you syill need a way to open the removeable hd/psp/mp3 player such as launchelf or an iso with the emu.

And by HDD i meant the hard drive that came with ffx. I dont have that one neither do i think it would work or fit in my slim ps2 :P.

you need an official sony HDD or PC HDD(i have this kind) if you get an external HDD and connect it via usb i believe since slim ps2 dont have ex. bay on back, but i dont really know much about external HDD uses with ps2s

Well if i read right then i will try something. I would like to know if theres any risk on putting a Usb mp3 player with those files on the ps2. Like will it give it a malfunction or anything like that?

no, it wont harm your ps2.but you still need a way to boot the emulator(elf) either with launch elf or burn iso.

Edit: so Um i have to convert the Elf into an Iso and put that into the usb hd along with the roms and thats it?

well, you have to make an iso with the emu inside(go to ps2hd.com to look for tutorial/help)and when the emu boots up, you chose "USB" and it should read your usb device and select where the roms are located.

Edit: also what do you mean by making an iso with the emulator in it? I got a couple of extra questions

1. Is it the same as making a Dc emu image?
2. do i need to change the .elf to .exe?
3. If you can point me in the direction of where to head that be awsome.

Thanks in advance

ok i hope i dont get banned by posting this website and if it isnt allowed please remve it.magician, head to ps2hd.com i wish i could tell you were to go but ask around and they migth help.

Magician45
September 11th, 2006, 20:55
Its ok I get what your saying. Thanks for the huge help :P

GameFreak441
March 22nd, 2008, 14:50
im a new one here,could someone tell me how to install .elf file to dvd and it will work on ps2?

kimbrasil
July 16th, 2008, 17:03
I'm a noob in PS2 and i have a questions...

1st - This snes_emu.elf is to be used to burn in a CD, to copied to the memory card or used directlly from the USB pendrive?

2nd - If the ELF is loadaded from USB pendrive or memory card... the PS2 automatically boot it?

3rd - If is copied to the memory card, how to copy?

thanx

Eviltaco64
July 16th, 2008, 20:46
I'm a noob in PS2 and i have a questions...

1st - This snes_emu.elf is to be used to burn in a CD, to copied to the memory card or used directlly from the USB pendrive?

2nd - If the ELF is loadaded from USB pendrive or memory card... the PS2 automatically boot it?

3rd - If is copied to the memory card, how to copy?

thanx

Dont bump 2 year old threads and dont call yourself a noob. Do that and youre good :)

Make you're own thread here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=206

That way it'll get more attention (hopefully) and you wont get people mad by bumping old threads :)

daimer1
June 2nd, 2009, 16:08
hello i am new
ok i have

ps2
memory card
usb flash drive:4gb

what do i need to boot the usb
do i need to burn a iso or what

habib07
January 20th, 2014, 16:15
Thank you