PDA

View Full Version : psp wifi and intenet??

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 10th, 2005, 05:41
hey everyone im about to shit my pants to get the psp on the 24th but my question is what about enetering in the IP address and all that stufff, will it automatally find and IP adrees or what?

Mimx
March 10th, 2005, 06:31
Its anyones guess to be honest. Past posts stated that you had to manually place the IP in for it to be seen. Most of those systems were the japanese ones so it might be different for the US release.

danrowland
March 10th, 2005, 12:34
It depends on how you are connecting to the internet. If you are connecting through a wireless access point or router to an ISP that dishes out IP addresses (via DHCP) you need to set it to Automatic. This is what I have done and it works fine. You can easily tell what to do, by using a laptop with a wireless card or centrino. If that is configured to obtain the IP address automatically, that is what you should do with the PSP (this is most common with most ISPs. Occasionally you will have to configure an IP address manually but this is less common. let me know what kind of internet connection you have and i'll try and help.

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 11th, 2005, 23:09
i have cable and my computers are set automatically by dhcp but i heard in the begginging you still have to manually type in an ip adress??

chinknation
March 12th, 2005, 20:14
have they said anything about being able to play other people online using wireless?

xXpurplepanzy56Xx
March 12th, 2005, 21:13
they say its "in the making" but to look forward to it

rick.ryder
March 14th, 2005, 22:22
take all defaults and it will asign your id connect up and check for any bios/system software updates from sony via your home wireless lan or any hotspots you find out and about (macdonalds?) i switched on in the eurostar terminal paris and got 7 wifi connections 4 listing as spycams! scary! i tried connecting up with a fit looking sony vaio user on the eurostar and ..........thats another story.....

Rick Ryder....... www.pspone.co.uk