PDA

View Full Version : 2.6 Gameboot Flash .. Where ?

sedkiller
August 17th, 2006, 06:36
Hi i'm wondering where can i find some gameboot file for my 2.6 TA-082 like the one from prince of persia i think or else... i ear'd that whe need to get it from the UMD game or something.
Anyway if someone can help me out.. Whould be great.

kando
August 17th, 2006, 06:40
u need to buy GTA: LCS before u can do anything...and it has to be a 2005 UNPATCHED version...the only way to tell is the unpatched version says "UPDL 004850" underneith the playstation icon on the UMD itself.

once u get that, u can download eboot 0.97 "Bock" eloader and THEN you can worry about getting eboots, which are basically programs.

g'luck :)

sedkiller
August 17th, 2006, 06:50
I have all what you said and im not a beginner in this... i have a lot of homebrew games on my psp.
And it doesn answer to my question lol

kando
August 17th, 2006, 07:19
you put the eboot in the folder that it comes in....put the folder into xxx:\psp\game\

for example:
f:\psp\game\lumines\eboot.pdb

go on the main page of this site....and look ont he left side of the screen for "eboot gta loader 'boch' 0.97...thats whats gonna install itself into your memory card....gta will load up, and while trying to load a saved game off ur memory card, instead be redirected into the eloader menu, where you will get a list of all the eboots in your \game\ folder :)

sedkiller
August 17th, 2006, 07:30
ok but the files are installed but what i want to know is where i can find the intros movies like the prince of persia one like every one has (for those who flashed).

jwilds73
August 17th, 2006, 07:34
Your wanting to install the gameboot screen as your psp boot screen right? I do not believe the flash utility to do that works through GTA loader. Also changing your flash is dangerous I don't believe you could even do it with your new board as you can't get kernel access to overwrite the file.

P.S. if it was possible to overwrite this file on the new boards then they would have a downgrader which they don't because you can't get kernel access.

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 07:53
What the is the link you have there jwilds73

sedkiller
August 17th, 2006, 08:02
The 2.6 gameboot Flasher that Slasher has release
Here is the description from PSPupdates :
So you think your pretty unfortunate since you are just blessed with PSP 2.6 since you're being left out from all the fun that the 1.5 firmwares are getting. Well, since the 2.50/260 downgrader is already here, that shouldn't be the case anymore. Unless you are afraid that you will mess up the instructions and brick your PSP. Well, that's your call.

Anyways, just to say that the 1.5 owners don't get all the fun, homebrew developer Slasher, concocted a simple gameboot.pmf flasher for you loyal 2.6ers. This app was based on the work of hitchikr, neural, DarK_AleX, Yoshihiro, and Mathieulh. According to Slasher, all you have to do is "simply put the gameboot.pmf in the root of your memorystick, run the program, and it'll flash it directly to your flash0:/vsh/resources/ folder." With that you're all good!

Also, the good developer informed us about some security checks and other info about this app. Security checks include the following:
- Checks if AC adapter is plugged in
- Checks if gameboot.pmf is actually placed in the right location
- Avoids flashing if something goes wrong
* After running the program; if there's an error, it will return to eloader; if it's successful, your psp will be restarted.
* If disc read error pops up, all you need to do is turn off your psp, then turn it back on. If that doesn't work, then take battery out for 5 mins then put it back in.
* Works on TA-082 PSP mother boards

He also would like to convey that there's always a risk of bricking your psp while flashing something. lthough this has been tested and confirmed working remember that you are using this at your own risk. The developer won't be held responsible if your brick your PSP with this software. He also says that
the MAX gameboot.pmf size is 1mb, although he isn't 100% sure with that. But he asks you to please avoid flashing gameboots that are any larger. If you flash anything larger than 1 mb, you may end up with a brick...

sedkiller
August 18th, 2006, 02:42
ok now I get it working and i have the prince of persion gameboot

dski1326
September 6th, 2006, 22:25
idk where to put the gameboot pmf file. I read the readme and it sais to put it in the root. Where is that? :confused:

splodger15
September 6th, 2006, 22:29
idk where to put the gameboot pmf file. I read the readme and it sais to put it in the root. Where is that? :confused:

when you plug in the usb and you see the screen that pops up and has a psp folder that is the root

dski1326
September 6th, 2006, 22:34
when you plug in the usb and you see the screen that pops up and has a psp folder that is the root

OK i did that put when i run 2.6 gameboot it still sais gameboot.pmf is not located in ms0:/ but i put it in the root like u said.

sedkiller
September 7th, 2006, 01:40
when you fist enter your in your psp folder Example : (F:/) this is the root so put your file there