PDA

View Full Version : Is this correct?

Rogu
August 17th, 2006, 08:36
So, my PSP 1.52 is comming today according to FedEX. I was reading and googling about how to upgrade and downgrade the firmware. I found a couple of guides but some had a little bit different information then others so I though I would write out what the difference is and see if anyone can help me out.

http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-downgrade.php
# Go to the Photo icon on your PSP and scroll through the pictures to get to overflow.tif. You do NOT have to press anything. It will start automatically. Two strings of letters/numbers will appear. This is normal and good.
# Wait AT LEAST 30 SECONDS and then turn off your PSP by holding the power button up until it fully shuts down. Then, start your PSP again.

Now the Wait AT LEAST 30 SECONDS is what is different from here,

http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/

Step 5: Navigate to Photo then Memory Stick via the PSP’s menu system and start scrolling down through your photos until you reach the overflow.tif picture.
two

You’ll know you’ve hit it when everything freezes and you get a black screen with a bunch of white text output.
three

If your PSP freezes without going to this black text screen, then hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the PSP shuts down, then hit the power button again to start it back up. Repeat this step until you get that black screen.

--------------
Now that method doesn't say you have to wait 30 seconds at all which is why I am posting.

I also have one more question, the psp-hacks had a download link for 2.0 upgrade from 1.52, to do that all I have to do is put the EBOOT.PBP from the 2.0 on my memory stick by creating a folder called UPDATE inside /PSP/GAME/ and then what? Load up my psp and go to Games - Memory stick and then hit "X" and the upgrade will start??

Kramer
August 17th, 2006, 08:46
heres a better guide should answer all your questions
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11365

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 09:54
just use the link Kramer provided

SSaxdude
August 17th, 2006, 14:24
Remember you first have to upgrade to 2.0.

Accordion
August 17th, 2006, 14:59
first upgrade to 2.00

then follow this link
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15115&highlight=PspSetX
to get pspsetX .

you need to run this through the eloader. go to noobz.eu for any eloader info

get a 1.50 update either on a UMD or download. be sure it is 1.50!

*charge your psp fully, and keep the charger in at all times!!!
*make sure all files are in the correct places
*run the eloader from the photo menu
*run PspSetX
*choose downgrade...it will then trick your psp to think it is a 1.00
*now exit to the home menu
*run the 1.50 update.
the update will start, it might get to 99% and freeze...dont worry, wait at least 30 seconds then hard reset.
*you will get the blue screen, just press the circle button.
*enter your settings and enjoy your 1.50 homebrew!!

Rogu
August 17th, 2006, 15:08
What's the difference between the other method and the PspSetX method?

Accordion
August 17th, 2006, 15:14
pspsetX is safer as it runs the flashing app through a stable exploit. you simply select the option to downgrade and it confirms once it has done it.

Rogu
August 17th, 2006, 17:31
Is there any reason why I don't see very much info about it? There are about 5-6 tutorials on the other method but I could only find one other tutorial for PSPSetx.

FedEX was wrong, I get it tomorrow =( Now I need to figure out devhook because I didn't expect to get it so soon!

Has anyone used this from this site?
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/673

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 17:33
I followed the Hack-a-day guide (http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/) to downgrade both the PSP I bought a year ago and the 1.52 wchich came on August 15th (Success HK) :)

s1k0
August 17th, 2006, 18:21
look around dcemu the best place for tutorials

ACID
August 17th, 2006, 18:24
Great tutorials on the site

Rogu
August 17th, 2006, 23:09
I followed the Hack-a-day guide (http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/) to downgrade both the PSP I bought a year ago and the 1.52 wchich came on August 15th (Success HK) :)

I am trying to buy from Success HK but had nothing but trouble, first it took two days for them to understand why my Billing and Shipping are different. And now Customs won't let go of my PSP because they forgot the FCC paperwork with the invoice.

Rogu
August 18th, 2006, 04:54
Well no one seems to answer the question of how to go from 1.52 to 2.0 so how about I tell you what I think is right and you let me know if I am =p

First download the 2.0 Firmware from here(2.0 Update Eboot)
http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/EBOOT_2_0_US.zip

Then connect your PSP to your computer using USB.
Once the PSP is connected go to "My Computer"
Double click on your PSP(Removable Storage Drive known as x:/ from now on)

Now you are in the root x:/
Go to x:/PSP/GAME/ and create a folder called
UPDATE and nothing else.

Once the folder is created move into it
x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Now paste the EBOOT.PBP into x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Disconnect your PSP from your Computer and now navigate to Game—>Memory Stick and hit "X" to start the 2.0 Update MAKE SURE YOUR PSP Has a 100% charge

Now that should get you from 1.52 to 2.0 correct?

Cooe14
August 18th, 2006, 06:43
Well no one seems to answer the question of how to go from 1.52 to 2.0 so how about I tell you what I think is right and you let me know if I am =p

First download the 2.0 Firmware from here(2.0 Update Eboot)
http://www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/EBOOT_2_0_US.zip

Then connect your PSP to your computer using USB.
Once the PSP is connected go to "My Computer"
Double click on your PSP(Removable Storage Drive known as x:/ from now on)

Now you are in the root x:/
Go to x:/PSP/GAME/ and create a folder called
UPDATE and nothing else.

Once the folder is created move into it
x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Now paste the EBOOT.PBP into x:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Disconnect your PSP from your Computer and now navigate to Game—>Memory Stick and hit "X" to start the 2.0 Update MAKE SURE YOUR PSP Has a 100% charge

Now that should get you from 1.52 to 2.0 correct? Yup. Also PM me after you get your psp and downgrade and I will help you with DevHook.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 07:04
get a psp easy downgrader if that helps:)

Rogu
August 18th, 2006, 07:18
Thanks a lot guys and gals(If there are any!) I found a devhook installer program on psp-hacks.com I was going to try out.

I was also reading about SNES Emulators, it's just kind of a lot of information at once especially since I can't do any of it yet!

Cooe14
August 18th, 2006, 07:38
Thanks a lot guys and gals(If there are any!) I found a devhook installer program on psp-hacks.com I was going to try out.

I was also reading about SNES Emulators, it's just kind of a lot of information at once especially since I can't do any of it yet!If it Chaos Zero's Ultimate Installer I can guarantee it will work. And the best snes emulator is Snes9xTYL 4.2 me.

Rogu
August 18th, 2006, 08:01
Yup Yup, It is the Chaos installer v 1.1. And I found a tutorial on this site on how to start up the Snes9xTYL so that doesn't worry me because it's a very friendly guide.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 08:43
awesome good luck:)

dejkirkby
August 18th, 2006, 09:04
Rogu- as well as having 100% charge makes sure the charger is plugged in too!

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 09:14
yeah you dont want your psp shutting off in middle of downgrading cuze ur psp will be a useless peice of junk1!!! always charge it before any installion

Rogu
August 18th, 2006, 13:14
The funny thing is I see people brick it more upgrading then downgrading =p

Rogu
August 19th, 2006, 07:12
Upgraded to 2.0 using my directions, downgraded to 1.5 =) Now running Devhook 0.46 baby! Thanks again guys and gals!

Edit - Can I reformat my memory card now that 1.5 is up? or do I have to keep the overflow.tif and eboot in it? I wanted to format it and just install devhook but of course I don't want to lose 1.5, this is a silly question most likely because it doesn't make sense that deleting two of the files will kill my firmware but better safe then sorry!

Oh and as for why would I want to do that, it's to make sure none of my friends on my PSP accidently hit it or start it.

Cooe14
August 19th, 2006, 07:17
Upgraded to 2.0 using my directions, downgraded to 1.5 =) Now running Devhook 0.46 baby! Thanks again guys and gals!
Hope you enjoy it :) Now get out there and download some homebrew before I smack you with this foam finger! :p

Rogu
August 19th, 2006, 07:25
Trust me I am working on it but my gf keeps giving me looks of death because I only pay attention to woman number 2(The PSP)

Kramer
August 19th, 2006, 07:44
yes you can format your stick
and welcome to 1.5

Rogu
August 19th, 2006, 16:16
Thanks, maybe I can help people like you guys helped me, I know I already showed my friends the power of homebrew =)

Kramer
August 19th, 2006, 16:44
yep i once was a noob asking questions now i help everyone out with psp homebrew